Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you have your interview after the VBT? If so, that's awful news. Yes, it can happen if you had your VBT and SI. HQ makes the final decision.

I'm sure you'll receive an email stating that your poly is cancelled.
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by d_doubleyou View Post
      Yeah. My poly is scheduled for this Friday so I don't really know what to do
      Just go unless they call you and tell you not to go.

Comment

continue with the process as some of the steps should roll over if you decide to re-apply on the next announcement. If I'm not mistaken you may have to wait 1 year to reapply with a failed VBT/SI. But poly results are good for 2 years... I believe.

Comment

Got a letter saying after my SI I'm inelidgable...they already scheduled my poly tho and nothing is updated on cass...I'm confused.
          Oh wow, you even got the PFT2 paperwork afterwards. That just made me nervous and I bet a lot of others nervous who thought getting that PFT2 paper was a "GOOD" thing. Sorry to hear that though!
          CBPO 14-1
          Geo: Central East Coast
          Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
          Referred: 07/22/2014
          TSL: 08/02/2014
          Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
          Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
          VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
          BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
          PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
          EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
          FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

Go unless they cancel. Also, on your paper if it says you can appeal then appeal. If not goodluck.
            Geo: West Coast
            CBPO Exam: June 2014
            NOR: July 2014
            TSL: August 2014
            eQIP Sent: August 2014
            Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
            VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
            Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• I guess the onus is on you whether you go to the poly or not. If you get the cancellation email before the poly, then that's it. If you don't, then I guess go. Maybe you'll get lucky, pass the poly, and afterwards not be able to proceed forward.
              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
              02/28/14-TSL Received
              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
              07/01/14-VBT/SI
              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• No DQ letter from the poly yet, one week later, so we'll se.

Comment

• Nothing about an appeal. They said I can't reapply for a year. Unless they tell me not to, I'm going to my poly.

Comment

Nothing about an appeal. They said I can't reapply for a year. Unless they tell me not to, I'm going to my poly.
                    Good luck then buddy. When was your VBT/SI again?

Comment

Nothing about an appeal. They said I can't reapply for a year. Unless they tell me not to, I'm going to my poly.
                      Sorry to hear about the results. It's unfortunate and best to use that S.I. as a learning experience for your next one. That said, I suggest exhausting all means possible in contacting the appropriate individuals and explaining your situation prior to just showing up for your poly. I'm assuming this issue would be one of your first conversations with the Investigator prior to starting and he might not be too thrilled knowing that he just possibly wasted a 4 to 6 hour block of his day. As much as you might think the government should be contacting you to resolve this, don't leave anything up to them that you have the power to resolve on your own. Good luck and I hope for a better outcome on your next attempt.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                        Sorry to hear about the results. It's unfortunate and best to use that S.I. as a learning experience for your next one. That said, I suggest exhausting all means possible in contacting the appropriate individuals and explaining your situation prior to just showing up for your poly. I'm assuming this issue would be one of your first conversations with the Investigator prior to starting and he might not be too thrilled knowing that he just possibly wasted a 4 to 6 hour block of his day. As much as you might think the government should be contacting you to resolve this, don't leave anything up to them that you have the power to resolve on your own. Good luck and I hope for a better outcome on your next attempt.
                        I think I would have to agree with this. The Poly group and the VBT/SI group are different and don't contact each other regularly. I'm guessing your eQIP and background information was submitted to IA before your VBT/SI. That's probably why you still got a call for your poly even though you may not have passed the SI.

I've heard the background investigation process is really long, a lot of work, and very few investigators in each region. Completely up to you as it would be nice to at least get the experience from the poly (and maybe even a positive record in the system), but may also be a courtesy thing to let them know the status of your application.
                        Applicant Group: 13-1
                        NOR: 10/28/13 85%
                        TSL: 12/16/13
                        PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
                        eQIP completed: 2/13/14
                        VBT/SI: 3/17/14
                        eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
                        Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
                        Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
                        Clear BI: 2/24/15
                        Drug Test: 3/4/15
                        The Call: 3/2/15
                        PFT2: 3/18/15
                        EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
                          Good luck then buddy. When was your VBT/SI again?
                          September 5

Comment

• I called the poly investigator and told him what happened. He canceled my exam. Said it's pointless to take it now. Most of the time they don't get any information so it was a good thing I called him. Also said to email HR (which I did) to get more info and see if there is an appeal process...needless to say im pretty disappointed...

Investigator was pretty cool. He said if he could, he'd call someone for me but they don't really deal with any of them. oh well...

Comment

• Ok, next week at FLETC they will try running 2 shifts, one shift will be the regular 0730-1630 and second one 1230-2130. Not sure for how long.

Comment

I called the poly investigator and told him what happened. He canceled my exam. Said it's pointless to take it now. Most of the time they don't get any information so it was a good thing I called him. Also said to email HR (which I did) to get more info and see if there is an appeal process...needless to say im pretty disappointed...

Investigator was pretty cool. He said if he could, he'd call someone for me but they don't really deal with any of them. oh well...
                                I'm glad you called and checked. Good luck next time then. Wish you well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7958 users online. 453 members and 7505 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X