300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TracyE View Post
    Curious about the Spanish/Language test....Is that given when you arrive at the academy or prior to? Any info is appreciated.
    I am curious about other languages in the vacancy, is it only Spanish that counts?

Originally posted by cur679 View Post
    I'm so glad my polygraph is in the afternoon, because there's no way I can go to bed early the night before. My body is so used to coming home at 10:30-11:00pm every night. It'll be an hour and a half drive, but I'll stop by and get some snacks.
    My poly was about 1.5-2 hours distance but I left the night before just to have plenty of time in case there are constructions or accidents that could delay my arrival. Best of luck, I will tell you to chill and relax, but that test is far from relaxing.

Comment

• If there is another application opens for CBPO on Sept 22 should I reapply again?
      I did my VBT and did not get called for the SI. So I am guessing I am done? Might as well reapply?
      On my CASS the only green check mark is my fitness and this was after I "failed the VBT".
      How long does it take to know if you did not pass the VBT? I took it on Sep 8.
      Is there anyone I can contact to see if I passed? I just do not want to miss another opportunity of reapplying since I will not know when they will open another one.

Comment

• It took me less than 7 business days to receive an email stating I passed the VBT/SI.
        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
        02/28/14-TSL Received
        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
        07/01/14-VBT/SI
        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post

My poly was about 1.5-2 hours distance but I left the night before just to have plenty of time in case there are constructions or accidents that could delay my arrival. Best of luck, I will tell you to chill and relax, but that test is far from relaxing.
          True, but I take I-4, which is a long highway that stretches through Florida, and I should be fine. Don't think I've ever encountered accidents or constructions before. Usually I check the radio or news for that to plan ahead.
          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by Shell_Back View Post
            At my VBT/SI in Philly. Hopefully all goes well. I'll update after I'm done.
            Good luck

Comment

• So the medical review unit emailed me yesterday saying i had to resend my Medical Self Cerfitifaction Form. Its the last step in my process. I faxed it yesterday and emailed them to confirm they received it and they didn't reply. Yesterday was the deadline. I emailed them twice today and no answer. I called and no answer. Should i be worried? I just want to make sure they received it. Why isn't anyone answering?

Comment

• I was in the same situation. I had the medical test on March 21 and I have not heard from them for a few months. So I sent them e-mail asking why it is taking so long and they sent me the same response like you got. I was waiting for another 3 months and I decided to send them another e-mail. This time they responded right away and they sent me a letter stating what they need from me.
                Don't hesitate to send them another e-mail and remind them of yourself.

Comment

• Im assuming no one will be there on the weekend so I'll try again on monday

Comment

• VBT/SI went well! I got called back for the interview and received my PFT2 information paper. Just got to wait for the official pass email from MHC in the coming weeks.
                    CBPO 14-1
                    Geo: Central East Coast
                    Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
                    Referred: 07/22/2014
                    TSL: 08/02/2014
                    Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
                    Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
                    VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
                    BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
                    PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                    EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
                    FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• The language test was given on my third day at the academy. Spanish is the only test. You only have to take it if you are going to the Southern Land border. Out of 40 of us only 10 had to take it and 4 of us failed.
                      Geo: SWB
                      CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                      NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                      TSL - 01/31/14
                      Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                      VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                      BI - 03/15/14
                      Poly - 04/30/14
                      BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                      Drug Test - 06/26/14
                      The Call - 06/26/14
                      PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                      EOD - 07/14/14
                      Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                        It took me less than 7 business days to receive an email stating I passed the VBT/SI.
                        What's your geo? When did you take it?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheChief View Post
                          Really...My retirement date is until July.. ill have 120 days to take also, thats why i was just wondering.. what step in the process are you currently in.. I was wondering if I should go to the VBT in my Khakis.
                          I have my Poly next week. I wouldn't go in Khakis, they recommend business casual and I would stick to that.
                          GEO: Northeast
                          Test: 8/23/13
                          NOR: 9/9/13
                          TSL: 12/16/13
                          PFT1: 1/2/14
                          VBT/SI: 3/19/14
                          MED: 5/8/14
                          EQIP: 6/3/14
                          Pre-Employment Forms: 6/4/14
                          Poly: 9/18/14
                          BI:
                          Drug Test:
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                            The language test was given on my third day at the academy. Spanish is the only test. You only have to take it if you are going to the Southern Land border. Out of 40 of us only 10 had to take it and 4 of us failed.
                            Thanks for the info. I applied for the southwest. Do you speak spanish? In your opinion, do you think someone who speaks it would have a descent chance of passing?

CBPO 14-1
                            Geo: Southwest
                            Test: 06/12/2014
                            NOR: 07/14/2014
                            Referred: 07/22/2014
                            TSL: 08/01/2014 - GS07
                            Med/PFT1: 08/22/2014 (Pending/Passed)
                            VBT & SI: 09/16/2014 (Scheduled)
                            Polygraph: Not scheduled yet

Comment

• Originally posted by TracyE View Post
                              Thanks for the info. I applied for the southwest. Do you speak spanish? In your opinion, do you think someone who speaks it would have a descent chance of passing?
                              If you speak it don't worry about it. The test he is speaking of is an aptitude test that will test whether or not you know Spanish. If you don't know it you will fail it and have to stay at the academy for an extra 6-8 weeks. It was 8 weeks for us BP guys but I hear 6 for OFO, not real sure. None the less don't worry about spanish, if you do fail the test which again you will if you don't speak the language then you will stay back an extra few weeks for the Spanish immersion class which in a nutshell is a joke. Seriously, speak or don't speak, don't worry about Spanish.
                              Last edited by Ocsk8er03; 09-13-2014, 01:04 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by saone View Post
                                He doesn't mean khaki pants; he is referring to his Navy uniform.
                                Wow, my fault, I was prior Air Force and never really got the Navy rank structure down. That one went right over my head.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10205 users online. 496 members and 9709 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X