300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
    Thanks, your words lifted my spirits a bit. While waiting to get the call, I have been training and aching my muscles, so rewarding myself with a piece of Lindt is good sometimes.

Congrats Ron, how long your BI took to clear?
    Thanks, about 3 months, I received a NOPA though about a month ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
      A week? No, not that I've heard of. Mine was down for couple days like everybody else and was back up today late morning. Give the MHC a call and see what's up!
      The cbp.gov website is down for everyone in my local region for some reason....

Comment

• I'm scheduled to take my VBT on Monday 9/15/14. I've never taken a VBT before... What's the process like? I imagine you watch a video and answer how you will respond to a given scenario and why? How long does it take?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheChief View Post
          Finally got the email that my eqip was sent to IA. I have the VBT scheduled for monday the 15th.. Just wondering if anyone knows if you can be on terminal leave and get hired for CBP at the same time...
          You have to wait until you are discharged before you can accept an offer from them. I started 6 months before I retired, then had 130 days terminal and am still waiting... You should have plenty of time.
          GEO: Northeast
          Test: 8/23/13
          NOR: 9/9/13
          TSL: 12/16/13
          PFT1: 1/2/14
          VBT/SI: 3/19/14
          MED: 5/8/14
          EQIP: 6/3/14
          Pre-Employment Forms: 6/4/14
          Poly: 9/18/14
          BI:
          Drug Test:
          PFT2:
          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by USN_Retired View Post
            You have to wait until you are discharged before you can accept an offer from them. I started 6 months before I retired, then had 130 days terminal and am still waiting... You should have plenty of time.
            Really...My retirement date is until July.. ill have 120 days to take also, thats why i was just wondering.. what step in the process are you currently in.. I was wondering if I should go to the VBT in my Khakis.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheChief View Post
              Really...My retirement date is until July.. ill have 120 days to take also, thats why i was just wondering.. what step in the process are you currently in.. I was wondering if I should go to the VBT in my Khakis.
              Go in a suit. Your gonna have guys on here that will tell you khakis are fine and in some cases they may be but you don't want to risk it. I just did my VBT/SI in Boston last week and because another guy and I were in suits and were plenty early we got to go first over the others in the VBT as well as the SI. Most guys will be paying attention to what you are wearing. Additionally I have conducted hiring boards for BP and those are the first things we pay attention to. Go in a suit and you can't go wrong.

Comment

• [QUOTE=TheChief;3517056]
                Originally posted by Mr. Lawyer View Post

Whenyou met with your BI the first times.. Did they brought up any financial issues... or is this just coming from left field...just curious
                The first BI I had on 6/11, interviewed myself and 10-12 other coworkers, friends, neighbors, etc. He briefly went over my credit report and all was good as long as I was making payments on older medical bills. Two months later on 8/6 another BI takes over and drives from out of state to ask me in person about the status of a bill on my report ($649 medical bill). I showed proof that it would be paid off by 9/1 and he was happy with that. I received a NOPA letter dated 8/27 around 9/3 or so. I had 15 days to respond. Apparently they again need proof of payment or payment plans for balances in my name. I sent a 33 page response today explaining all. And now....I hurry up and wait.
                8-26-13 Written Test
                9-9-13 Notice of Results
                12-18-13 Tentative Offer
                1-2-14 Physical Fitness 1
                1-13-14 Qualified for GS 7
                2-14-14 Pre Employment forms submitted
                3-12-14 VBT/SI
                3-28-14 EQIP Released
                4-30-14 Polygraph passed
                6-11-14 Background Began
                8-27-14 Received NOPA
                10-29-14 Background Complete
                10-30-14 Drug Test
                11-3-14 THE CALL- Accepted JFK
                11-25-14 PFT2 Passed
                12-1-14 EOD/Pre Academy

CBP FLETC Class 368
                1/9/15-5/15/15

Comment

• Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
                  Where did you take your poly? I guess this is standard then, my guy didnt pass me but he said it will have to go to quality for a determination. I guess I just failed, he also asked if I would mind taking another one.

I took mine in El Paso, TX. How about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                    Go in a suit. Your gonna have guys on here that will tell you khakis are fine and in some cases they may be but you don't want to risk it. I just did my VBT/SI in Boston last week and because another guy and I were in suits and were plenty early we got to go first over the others in the VBT as well as the SI. Most guys will be paying attention to what you are wearing. Additionally I have conducted hiring boards for BP and those are the first things we pay attention to. Go in a suit and you can't go wrong.
                    He doesn't mean khaki pants; he is referring to his Navy uniform.

Comment

• Curious about the Spanish/Language test....Is that given when you arrive at the academy or prior to? Any info is appreciated.

CBPO 14-1
                      Geo: Southwest
                      Test: 06/12/2014
                      NOR: 07/14/2014
                      Referred: 07/22/2014
                      TSL: 08/01/2014 - GS07
                      Med/PFT1: 08/22/2014 (Pending/Passed)
                      VBT & SI: 09/16/2014 (Scheduled)
                      Polygraph: Not scheduled yet

Comment

• starting to wonder if we from 13-1 didnt meet a certain point in the process by a certain time, then we just fell to the back of the 14-1 and 14-2 pack? I have been waiting for my Medical to clear since April 22nd? Since passed the VBT and SI, but BG wont start until Medical has cleared?? Most recent contact said:
                        After you completed your medical exam, it was forwarded to a Medical Officer for review before being sent to our office and that review process can take between 4-6 weeks. Once we received your exam in our office, it was forwarded to our nurse for review which can also take several weeks. Your medical exam is currently with our nurse for review. If additional information is needed, we will send you a letter (by e-mail) requesting that information within the next few weeks.
                        Been over 20 weeks ??

okay I vented, all of you 14-1 and 14-2 that are asking about how long it takes to get through the process..... be patient LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                          starting to wonder if we from 13-1 didnt meet a certain point in the process by a certain time, then we just fell to the back of the 14-1 and 14-2 pack? I have been waiting for my Medical to clear since April 22nd? Since passed the VBT and SI, but BG wont start until Medical has cleared?? Most recent contact said:
                          After you completed your medical exam, it was forwarded to a Medical Officer for review before being sent to our office and that review process can take between 4-6 weeks. Once we received your exam in our office, it was forwarded to our nurse for review which can also take several weeks. Your medical exam is currently with our nurse for review. If additional information is needed, we will send you a letter (by e-mail) requesting that information within the next few weeks.
                          Been over 20 weeks ??

okay I vented, all of you 14-1 and 14-2 that are asking about how long it takes to get through the process..... be patient LOL
                          Osck seems to think there's a new or expedited hiring process going on with 14x applicants. That's why they're going through the process so quickly within a 4 month period. Yes, it's quite sad and frustrating that we took the test last year and are still waiting.

I'm so glad my polygraph is in the afternoon, because there's no way I can go to bed early the night before. My body is so used to coming home at 10:30-11:00pm every night. It'll be an hour and a half drive, but I'll stop by and get some snacks.

Also, I had no idea CBP had special agents? My examiner has one awards and was an ASAIC for CBP.
                          Last edited by cur679; 09-12-2014, 11:36 AM.
                          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                          02/28/14-TSL Received
                          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                          07/01/14-VBT/SI
                          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Hey, very best of luck with your Polygraph.. Remember honesty and no minimizing of facts - you'll do great! Chears!
                            Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                            Osck seems to think there's a new or expedited hiring process going on with 14x applicants. That's why they're going through the process so quickly within a 4 month period. Yes, it's quite sad and frustrating that we took the test last year and are still waiting.

I'm so glad my polygraph is in the afternoon, because there's no way I can go to bed early the night before. My body is so used to coming home at 10:30-11:00pm every night. It'll be an hour and a half drive, but I'll stop by and get some snacks.

Also, I had no idea CBP had special agents? My examiner has one awards and was an ASAIC for CBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post

CBP Office of Field Operations does not have Special Agents nor do they have ASAIC's. However, CBP Office of Internal Affairs has both Special Agents and ASAIC's.

FB

Comment

• At my VBT/SI in Philly. Hopefully all goes well. I'll update after I'm done.
                                CBPO 14-1
                                Geo: Central East Coast
                                Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
                                Referred: 07/22/2014
                                TSL: 08/02/2014
                                Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
                                Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
                                VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
                                BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
                                PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                                EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
                                FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6413 users online. 347 members and 6066 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X