300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flatrooper View Post
    I had my medical exam on Tuesday 09/30/08 and everything was good/passed except for having high blood pessure (158/80).....I don't have a history of it (never knew I had it)......The Dr. would not allow me to continue onto the physical fitness test......Does anyone know what will happen next? Just hoping I'm not gonna be DQ'd......Will they send me paperwork to have my doctor fill out showing that my blood pressure is normal now??? Or do I go ahead and have my doctor send/fax them a letter saying I'm ok????? I had my VBT on 10/03/08 and felt that I had passed....any advice or past experience with this would be greatly appreiciated......Thanks

Did the examiner take it multiple times? Mine was high the first time because I had a cup of coffee before the test. I went through the fitness and rest of the exam and she took it again and it was perfectly normal. If they took it multiple times and it was high then I'm unsure what they'll do?

Comment

• Any tester from June 2008 and after receive a TO for PA or MIA, if so what was you score. Thanks

Comment

• Background

Has anyone heard of passing the background check weeks before meeting/talking with the PI. CASS shows my BI completed and my credit report has never been pulled. I met with the investigator in early September and CASS showed my BI cleared in mid August. Just waiting till November 15 to retest (3months Lasik post op) vision.

Comment

• Originally posted by triplejump View Post
          Has anyone heard of passing the background check weeks before meeting/talking with the PI. CASS shows my BI completed and my credit report has never been pulled. I met with the investigator in early September and CASS showed my BI cleared in mid August. Just waiting till November 15 to retest (3months Lasik post op) vision.
          Maybe they didn't feel it necessary depending on what you disclose on the sheet. All the same, I wouldn't feel that bad.

Well guys, My pre-employment forms and fit test updated in CASS this morning, as well as my Quals for GS7. I am ONE STEP AWAY. The wait is going to freakin' kill me.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• So basically, the next projected announcement for CBPO is March 2009?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              Well then consider yourself lucky if they ask you to report for the VBT at SF...
              If not expect a very long day ahead of you lol

Good Luck
              Wow, hadn't even considered that. I'm less than five miles from Port Newark so it was a short drive. Christ there's no way I could have pulled that long a drive with my job.

Sucks to be all of you.
              Last edited by Hound77; 10-09-2008, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Be happy you even LIVE near your geo-pref port. I don't even know what I'm going to do when I have to move down there. Heck, I don't know what I'll do for pre-academy! Does anyone know if they put you up somewhere while completing the weeks of pre-academy stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by C45P312 View Post
                  So basically, the next projected announcement for CBPO is March 2009?
                  Whoa. Let's hope not. Where did you hear that? It doesn't seem like anyone really seems to know. I called the MHC on Monday, they gave me the number for the recruiting office and whomever I talked to there said that she believed there would be another announcement some time in November. She says they usually post them every couple of months or so, so I doubt we will have to wait until March.

Comment

• There was a guy on here saying how there was supposed to be an announcement this week. He said he had it on good authority, maybe they pushed it back?

Comment

• The hotline is updated more frequently than the CASS. I just wanted to reiterate this information considering how many of us LOVE to wait.
                      CBPO- Hawaii
                      Written: 07/31/08
                      TO: 09/23/08
                      Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                      Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                      Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                      Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                      VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                      BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                      Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                      Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
                      TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• I hope this does not happen, but folks I would expect a hiring freeze coming soon. Maybe after Nov or in Jan 2009. I have no data to support this other than employment experience. I wouldn't quit your job until you are leaving for fletc or your new duty station. Again, I have no evidence to support this assertion. If you get a letter of hire I bet you are good. Just do not quit if you THINK one is in
                        the mail.
                        Last edited by ArmouredSainT; 10-09-2008, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                          Be happy you even LIVE near your geo-pref port. I don't even know what I'm going to do when I have to move down there. Heck, I don't know what I'll do for pre-academy! Does anyone know if they put you up somewhere while completing the weeks of pre-academy stuff?
                          I'm pretty sure that's the first time in my life an out of stater has told me to be thankful I live in Northeast NJ. Heh.

Comment

• Rather than sift through 175 pages I'll ask this question again.

I'm metting with my BI tomorrow. Any pointers for me? How to dress, anything else I should bring besides my personal documents (birth cert/id/ss card) ?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by C45P312 View Post
                              So basically, the next projected announcement for CBPO is March 2009?

03/09 would be roughly my guess, based on past history over the last 3-4 years...but with the fairly new changes brought about by 12D retirement and the age restriction, who knows. A lot of the old standards no longer apply.

I'll actually bet no one on this board has a really good answer. Headquarters can probably put out a new hiring announcement in an afternoon or less...and they really have no need to notify anyone beforehand.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmouredSainT View Post
                                I hope this does not happen, but folks I would expect a hiring freeze coming soon. Maybe after Nov or in Jan 2009. I have data to support this other than employment experience. I wouldn't quit your job until you are leaving for fletc or your new duty station. Again, I have no evidence to support this assertion. If you get a letter of hire I bet you are good. Just do not quit if you THINK one is in
                                the mail.
                                Wait what? You said you have data but not evidence to support your claim... I consider them one in the same. So bottom line, do you or do you not?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6690 users online. 353 members and 6337 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X