Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missnia23 thanks for the info. Glad to see someone else from Long Island. There's a few here I believe with the Geo Pref. of NYC but I don't know their status. Anyways good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
      I am afraid to ask; what do they consider high? Are they going by hypertension guidelines of 140/90 or are they going by pre-hypertension guidelines of over 120/80?

I don't believe that my health is "that bad" but after being through this process for only 2 months I am starting to feel like it is...

I need to know this too. I just checked my BP and I and over 140 for diastolic(sp?) but way under 80 for systolic. I need to know if this is going to automatically DQ me in the physical...

Comment

• I applied for SF, Oakland, and San jose Areas. And I ended up taking my VTB test at Oakland Seaport. So it might not be SF.

Comment

I am afraid to ask; what do they consider high? Are they going by hypertension guidelines of 140/90 or are they going by pre-hypertension guidelines of over 120/80?

I don't believe that my health is "that bad" but after being through this process for only 2 months I am starting to feel like it is...

Mine was I think 137/80, pre-hypertension when they measured it this morning. Keep in mind that if you get nervous easily, it will be even higher. From what I heard, they will not let you take the fitness test if you have hypertension (140/90) +. If some of you know you have high blood pressure and taking medication, I recommend that you go to your physician and get a note stating that you are under treatment and should be able to perform the fitness test. I had the note with me since I know they might ask about the high blood pressure. The doctor at the clinic stated that the note helped and he allowed me to take the fitness test.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/18/08
          NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
          TO: 09/23/08
          Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
          Medical: Completed 12/08
          Drug Test: Completed 11/08
          Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
          VBT: Completed 11/08
          BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
          Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
          3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
            Hello folks,
            Any LA testers out there? I went for my fitness/physical today and I was told I had high blood pressure problem. Good thing that I had a doctor's note with me stating that I'm under treatment and was able to perform the fitness test. I know some people here had their physical today. How did it go for you guys?

Good luck..
            LAX/LB
            Exam 8/18
            Nor 8/22 90 ratings, no vet
            TO 9/23
            Fitness/physical 10/8

I took it today.. i had all my notes from my hospital stay due to my blood clot.. the doctor stated i should be fine due to it being a 1 time thing (damn boat).. my pressure was 120 over 70.. i was worried about my hearing due to loud music and my race car but i was able to pass everything ..

where did they send you?

Comment

Mine was I think 137/80, pre-hypertension when they measured it this morning. Keep in mind that if you get nervous easily, it will be even higher. From what I heard, they will not let you take the fitness test if you have hypertension (140/90) +. If some of you know you have high blood pressure and taking medication, I recommend that you go to your physician and get a note stating that you are under treatment and should be able to perform the fitness test. I had the note with me since I know they might ask about the high blood pressure. The doctor at the clinic stated that the note helped and he allowed me to take the fitness test.
              Here's another small idea that might help:

Before going to take a fit test, try to stay in a cooler place. If you're in an area of higher ambient temperature, your BP will show a bit higher than normal. I noticed this when I first got my medical/physical done for the BPA app, and one of the physicians noted that while my BP was a tad bit high, everyone's BP readings were coming in high because he thought it was a bit warm in the room, so he didn't think it was a factor.

Does anyone actually know what CBP says is the threshold for acceptable blood pressure? I could have sworn I read somewhere that high BP was pretty much a deal breaker and meant NMC. I'll go look over my paperwork to see if I can find anything.
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                Here's another small idea that might help:

Before going to take a fit test, try to stay in a cooler place. If you're in an area of higher ambient temperature, your BP will show a bit higher than normal. I noticed this when I first got my medical/physical done for the BPA app, and one of the physicians noted that while my BP was a tad bit high, everyone's BP readings were coming in high because he thought it was a bit warm in the room, so he didn't think it was a factor.

Does anyone actually know what CBP says is the threshold for acceptable blood pressure? I could have sworn I read somewhere that high BP was pretty much a deal breaker and meant NMC. I'll go look over my paperwork to see if I can find anything.
                I couldn't find anything from the CBPO posting, but this is from the BP posting:
                Hypertension: Systolic blood pressure exceeding 140 and/or diastolic blood pressure exceeding 90 mm Hg may be disqualifying. Confirmation of hypertension will require at least three (3) serial readings of blood pressure taken on different days. Additional diagnostic tests may be required to render a final medical opinion, depending upon the individual's clinical history, treatment, and the results of the pre-placement medical examination. The final medical determination will also consider the pharmacology of medication, dosage and frequency.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/18/08
                NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                TO: 09/23/08
                Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                Medical: Completed 12/08
                Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                VBT: Completed 11/08
                BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

Hello folks,
                  Any LA testers out there? I went for my fitness/physical today and I was told I had high blood pressure problem. Good thing that I had a doctor's note with me stating that I'm under treatment and was able to perform the fitness test. I know some people here had their physical today. How did it go for you guys?
                  if someone fails the pft, is that person automatically DQ'd or are they given another chance down the road? I might have to put off my pft due to knee injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAboundCBPO View Post
                    if someone fails the pft, is that person automatically DQ'd or are they given another chance down the road? I might have to put off my pft due to knee injury.
                    If you fail, you wait one year. Try to re-schedule.

Also, If you found USBP standards, I would bet bottom dollar that they are the same for CBPO (considering the same contractor does the same evals for both positions). Thanks for finding that, I was curious.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      I'm guessing this is usually done in the major cities or am I wrong? I live in Maine so I'm assuming I will have to travel to Boston for this. Anyone know if that is the case?
                      I took mine at the Houlton POE.

Comment

• Got the call today for Buffalo. EOD 10/27, FLETC 11/19 - 3/11.
                        Exam- 11/07/07
                        T.O.- 1/15/08
                        Forms- 2/8/08
                        VBT- 2/19/08
                        Quals- 7/31/08
                        Med/Fit- 2/20/08
                        Drug- 4/16/08
                        B.I.- 7/31/08
                        In scheduling 8/4/08
                        EOD- 10/27/2008
                        FLETC- 11/19/08 to 3/11/08

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Labs27 View Post
                          Got the call today for Buffalo. EOD 10/27, FLETC 11/19 - 3/11.
                          congrads...

Comment

Hello folks,

Good luck..
                            LAX/LB
                            Exam 8/18
                            Nor 8/22 90 ratings, no vet
                            TO 9/23
                            Fitness/physical 10/8

It went well for me. My orthopedic surgeon let me come in 2 hours before my med/fit exam and he checked my knee out one last time before clearing it and saying it was 100%. The examiner liked that I had that for sure. Everything else was pretty easy and the doc said I did great.

Comment

mine read 130/85, they said it was Okay... According the the lab's scale 130 and above is considered high...
                              TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                              NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                              QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                              GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                              PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                              MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                              FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                              VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                              DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                              BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• I had my medical exam on Tuesday 09/30/08 and everything was good/passed except for having high blood pessure (158/80).....I don't have a history of it (never knew I had it)......The Dr. would not allow me to continue onto the physical fitness test......Does anyone know what will happen next? Just hoping I'm not gonna be DQ'd......Will they send me paperwork to have my doctor fill out showing that my blood pressure is normal now??? Or do I go ahead and have my doctor send/fax them a letter saying I'm ok????? I had my VBT on 10/03/08 and felt that I had passed....any advice or past experience with this would be greatly appreiciated......Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4425 users online. 299 members and 4126 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X