300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SolidSnoopy View Post
    Congrats! Did you get to take any breaks in between each exercise or was it more like one right after the other?
    So we all got there. About 25 of us....only 7 of us were CBPO's . mostly border patrol instructors led the tests. We first got our blood pressure and hear rate (everyone passed) then they gave us 10 minutes to stretch. We did the 220 yard dash first... Took 5 minute break.. Sit-ups... 5 minute break.... Push ups.... 5 minute break.... Then knocked out the run.

After that we signed our test paperwork and told Congrats. Then had a good answer question time with current CBPO. The best part was meeting 6 future academy classmates and LAX mates of mine.
    Geo: West Coast
    Applied: 7-1-13
    Tested: 8-3-13
    NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
    Tentative Select: 12-16-13
    Medical: 12-30-13
    Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
    VBT & SI: 3-17-14
    Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
    Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
    Background finished: 6-10-14
    Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
    Drug Test: 8-13-14
    The Call: 08-20-14
    PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
    EOD: 9-22-2014
    Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
      So we all got there. About 25 of us....only 7 of us were CBPO's . mostly border patrol instructors led the tests. We first got our blood pressure and hear rate (everyone passed) then they gave us 10 minutes to stretch. We did the 220 yard dash first... Took 5 minute break.. Sit-ups... 5 minute break.... Push ups.... 5 minute break.... Then knocked out the run.

After that we signed our test paperwork and told Congrats. Then had a good answer question time with current CBPO. The best part was meeting 6 future academy classmates and LAX mates of mine.
      Very nice! You must be hyped now to finally be out of this hiring process. You said that one candidate failed. Did he have to just stand there and watch as the others completed the rest of the test and get congratulations... because that would be even more heart breaking.
      Applicant Group: 13-1
      NOR: 10/28/13 85%
      TSL: 12/16/13
      PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
      eQIP completed: 2/13/14
      VBT/SI: 3/17/14
      eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
      Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
      Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
      Clear BI: 2/24/15
      Drug Test: 3/4/15
      The Call: 3/2/15
      PFT2: 3/18/15
      EOD: 3/30/15

Comment

• How many sit ups and push ups do we need to do for the second fitness test? Can we use the block of the first test for the pushups?

Comment

• RUN??? Did you have to do the 1.5 mile run or the step test?

Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post

Comment

Passed the PFT2 today! Now its official! It was pretty simple but one candidate failed th pushups...he missed by One! Poor guy. Lesson to us all....start getting ready cause you don't want that to be you.
            Wooohoooo, many congrats to you. Now get ready to pack

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
              RUN??? Did you have to do the 1.5 mile run or the step test?
              well the pft2 is the 1.5 mile run not the step test.
              Geo- Florida
              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
              NOR- 98 10/25/13
              Qual- GS 7
              TSL- 2/28/14
              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• I finally got a reply about my selective service determination after approximately 4 months of submitting my equip. The result was the obvious -("I didn't not register for selective service becasue i did qualify for exemption and hence was not obliged to register.") I did have a letter of exemption from the selective system clearly stating i was exempted and whoever needed verification can contact them. But i had to go through the agonising ordeal of waiting for 4 months only to be told; "now you are cleared to proceed in the pre-employment process based on the exemption letter you received from the selective service system."
                One thing i have learnt in this process is to be patient and don't be in a hurry to make any plans ahead without final eod assuarance. Again, goodluck to anybody, especially my fellow 13-1 members, waiting in this process. Slowly but surely, there will be light at the end of the tunnel for everyone of you. Just patient you all. Stay blessed

Comment

• Taking my polygraph in 1hr. Hopefully this goes smoothly, don't want to come back again for additional tests.
                  CBPO 14-1
                  Geo: Central East Coast
                  Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
                  Referred: 07/22/2014
                  TSL: 08/02/2014
                  Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
                  Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
                  VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
                  BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
                  PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                  EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
                  FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• Question for anyone who may know. Are you allowed to swap while at the Academy? Or three way swap if need be? Curious. Thanks.
                    NYPD Exam # 6093
                    List #: 15xx
                    Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (Passed)
                    Mini Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (not sure yet)
                    Meet with BI: ???
                    Written psychological: Jan 12th 2010
                    Oral psychological: Jan 14th 2010
                    JST: Jan 11th 2010 (passed 2:39)

Comment

• Originally posted by wllyblack View Post
                      One thing i have learnt in this process is to be patient and don't be in a hurry to make any plans ahead without final eod assuarance. Again, goodluck to anybody, especially my fellow 13-1 members, waiting in this process. Slowly but surely, there will be light at the end of the tunnel for everyone of you. Just patient you all. Stay blessed
                      I have been really patient throughout all this process, and the reason is I don't have a choice but to be patient, I pray not for long. I am glad that you finally are allowed to join the flock and move. Are you waiting on poly next?

Originally posted by Shell_Back View Post
                      Taking my polygraph in 1hr. Hopefully this goes smoothly, don't want to come back again for additional tests.
                      Good luck, I hope you pass.

Originally posted by Joyero View Post
                      Question for anyone who may know. Are you allowed to swap while at the Academy? Or three way swap if need be? Curious. Thanks.
                      Hey Joyero, from what I've heard its read hard to swap at any stage of this job, so I don't think its an easy thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                        I have been really patient throughout all this process, and the reason is I don't have a choice but to be patient, I pray not for long. I am glad that you finally are allowed to join the flock and move. Are you waiting on poly next?

Good luck, I hope you pass.

Hey Joyero, from what I've heard its read hard to swap at any stage of this job, so I don't think its an easy thing to do.
                        Well I keep reading and hearing different things. A coworker of mine said his cousin while at the Academy was able to do something. Another one said it took him 3 years. Other forums state you have to be off probation. Others state it depends on your port director. Wtf one it has to be only one Damn way lol.
                        NYPD Exam # 6093
                        List #: 15xx
                        Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (Passed)
                        Mini Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (not sure yet)
                        Meet with BI: ???
                        Written psychological: Jan 12th 2010
                        Oral psychological: Jan 14th 2010
                        JST: Jan 11th 2010 (passed 2:39)

Comment

• So it was pretty cool cause when you did the required situps and pushups they stopped you.

17 pushups
                          25 situps
                          Nobody failed the 220yard or the 1.5 mile run. Cause they give us so much time.

When the guy failed the pushups they gave him 3 seconds to get the pushups done, then they told him to go sign somepaper and we never saw him again. And we got to use the foam block too.
                          Applied: 7-1-13
                          Tested: 8-3-13
                          NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                          Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                          Medical: 12-30-13
                          Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                          VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                          Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                          Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                          Background finished: 6-10-14
                          Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                          Drug Test: 8-13-14
                          The Call: 08-20-14
                          PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                          EOD: 9-22-2014
                          Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• yes jade. hopefully i will hear smthing about poly schedule within next few days. only wish this process will be over be4 december.
                            thanks n goodluck.

Comment

• I was hoping the case adjudicator would get back to me yesterday after I sent my proof of U.S. citizenship, but alas. Hopefully this doesn't take long. It doesn't seem to be a huge a issue unlike other NOPAs I've read. All IA requested was a document.
                              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                              02/28/14-TSL Received
                              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                              07/01/14-VBT/SI
                              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

Passed the PFT2 today! Now its official! It was pretty simple but one candidate failed th pushups...he missed by One! Poor guy. Lesson to us all....start getting ready cause you don't want that to be you.
                                Congrats! I have mine on Wednesdays

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10838 users online. 383 members and 10455 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X