Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello everyone
    It has been a bit since I've wrote anything on the forums about my journey to CBP. I had taken my polygraph today and boy was it a long day. I have to retake it again on the 17th. I tend to over analyze everything and I felt good about answering the questions with the investigator afterwards. I get to finish on the 17th hopefully. Now I may be over thinking this but may anyone be able to tell me why they would have you retake the poly again ?
    Thanks a bunch for any insight!

    Comment


    • Don't worry everybody. Looks at some of the 13-1 applicants and see the dates on our timelines. Right before I got "the call" I had to update my drivers license with MHC (The PreEmployment paperwork division). The woman who I spoke with there said she is busier than she has EVER been because she is processing so many new tentative select applicants. She said they are trying to recruit 12,000 new officers.

      That being said, it is extremely likely that you guys are processing so quick that one thing finishes before another thing does. CBP and MHC have multiple different departments that don't directly communicate with one another. The medical people don't know what the IA folks are doing and the VBT folks don't know what the IA people are doing( at least that's what my experience shows). Just try and be patient..."Hurry up and Wait"

      And also MHC told me point blank: CASS only updates on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and when it does update it doesn't reflect changes made to your account in the last 25 hours i.e. Documents updated, Medical complete.
      Geo: West Coast
      Applied: 7-1-13
      Tested: 8-3-13
      NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
      Tentative Select: 12-16-13
      Medical: 12-30-13
      Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
      VBT & SI: 3-17-14
      Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
      Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
      Background finished: 6-10-14
      Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
      Drug Test: 8-13-14
      The Call: 08-20-14
      PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
      EOD: 9-22-2014
      Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

      Comment


      • * 24 Hours I meant
        Geo: West Coast
        Applied: 7-1-13
        Tested: 8-3-13
        NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
        Tentative Select: 12-16-13
        Medical: 12-30-13
        Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
        VBT & SI: 3-17-14
        Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
        Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
        Background finished: 6-10-14
        Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
        Drug Test: 8-13-14
        The Call: 08-20-14
        PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
        EOD: 9-22-2014
        Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

        Comment


        • Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
          Don't worry everybody. Looks at some of the 13-1 applicants and see the dates on our timelines. Right before I got "the call" I had to update my drivers license with MHC (The PreEmployment paperwork division). The woman who I spoke with there said she is busier than she has EVER been because she is processing so many new tentative select applicants. She said they are trying to recruit 12,000 new officers.

          That being said, it is extremely likely that you guys are processing so quick that one thing finishes before another thing does. CBP and MHC have multiple different departments that don't directly communicate with one another. The medical people don't know what the IA folks are doing and the VBT folks don't know what the IA people are doing( at least that's what my experience shows). Just try and be patient..."Hurry up and Wait"

          And also MHC told me point blank: CASS only updates on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and when it does update it doesn't reflect changes made to your account in the last 25 hours i.e. Documents updated, Medical complete.
          Thanks for the input. I haven't put up my timeline yet but it looks like ours are very similar. I got my NOR, tentative select, and VBT on those exact dates (also same geo). Hopefully will get to continue the process soon.

          I see you're about to take your PFT2, you feel ready for it?
          Geo: West Coast
          Applicant Group: 13-1
          NOR: 10/28/13 85%
          TSL: 12/16/13
          PFT1/Medical: ~1/10/14
          eQIP completed: 2/13/14
          VBT/SI: 3/17/14
          eQIP to IA: 3/19/14
          Poly: 10/22/14 (inconclusive) / 12/4/14 (passed)
          Meet with BI: 12/19/14 - 01/07/15 (met him 3 times)
          Clear BI: 2/24/15
          Drug Test: 3/4/15
          The Call: 3/2/15
          PFT2: 3/18/15
          EOD: 3/30/15

          Comment


          • Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
            Got a NOPA today. Appealing ASAP as it has been almost 5 years since THC use. Have no connection to it. Never bought, transport or handled it. Just stupid college parties and teenage times. Well wish me luck.

            Any tips would be greatly appreciated.


            By THC do you mean Marinol or MJ?

            It's not uncommon to hear of people who have experimented with weed beating a NOPA...depending on circumstance, number of uses, time past since usage, etc. I would imagine that Marinol might be viewed a bit differently...especially since it's a prescription drug.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
              Congrats!! What port did you select?
              Fort Lauderdale

              Comment


              • Originally posted by diana_cbp47 View Post
                Fort Lauderdale
                I'm a Florida applicant as well. What other options did you get?
                Geo- Florida
                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                Qual- GS 7
                TSL- 2/28/14
                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

                Comment


                • 14-2 applicant here that has yet to receive any notification as to if I am eligible for the written test or not. No email and my USAJOBS account status just reads "received". Testing starts tomorrow. Is this normal or should I be contacting HR? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    By THC do you mean Marinol or MJ?

                    It's not uncommon to hear of people who have experimented with weed beating a NOPA...depending on circumstance, number of uses, time past since usage, etc. I would imagine that Marinol might be viewed a bit differently...especially since it's a prescription drug.
                    MJ. 5 years since used. I am 25; <30 times used between 2007 & 2009; seasonal use. Never manufactured, distributed, purchased, or personally possessed. Early college/teen mistakes.
                    Geo: West Coast
                    CBPO Exam: June 2014
                    NOR: July 2014
                    TSL: August 2014
                    eQIP Sent: August 2014
                    Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                    VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                    Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

                    Comment


                    • Anybody here have to travel to Denver for any testing?

                      Comment


                      • 30 times in 2 years will probably be seen as something more than experimental. Many agencies view 15 times total as the cutoff of experimental usage. That and the last usage within 5 years will probably be issues. Teen and college use probably works a bit in your favor...although it would have be better had you used prior to becoming an adult at 18.

                        Write up a NOPA reply and take it from there. Worst likely case is that you're denied. Even if you're denied, there's a chance that after putting a few years behind you, say in 10 years with a decent work history and no further issues, that you could beat those issues at 35 that you cannot beat at 25.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by melissa85 View Post
                          Hello everyone
                          It has been a bit since I've wrote anything on the forums about my journey to CBP. I had taken my polygraph today and boy was it a long day. I have to retake it again on the 17th. I tend to over analyze everything and I felt good about answering the questions with the investigator afterwards. I get to finish on the 17th hopefully. Now I may be over thinking this but may anyone be able to tell me why they would have you retake the poly again ?
                          Thanks a bunch for any insight!
                          I'm no expert but from what I have read, poly retests are due to inconclusive readings. Inconclusive's such as spikes in BP or heart rate that are not "deceptive" but not "normal".

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
                            MJ. 5 years since used. I am 25; <30 times used between 2007 & 2009; seasonal use. Never manufactured, distributed, purchased, or personally possessed. Early college/teen mistakes.

                            30 times? Hmmm I don't think you will make the BI.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              30 times in 2 years will probably be seen as something more than experimental. Many agencies view 15 times total as the cutoff of experimental usage. That and the last usage within 5 years will probably be issues. Teen and college use probably works a bit in your favor...although it would have be better had you used prior to becoming an adult at 18.

                              Write up a NOPA reply and take it from there. Worst likely case is that you're denied. Even if you're denied, there's a chance that after putting a few years behind you, say in 10 years with a decent work history and no further issues, that you could beat those issues at 35 that you cannot beat at 25.
                              it's more like 15 to 25 times. I can't remember the times just a few specific instances. But if I'm denied I'll just reapply in when I'm 29/30 i guess...
                              Geo: West Coast
                              CBPO Exam: June 2014
                              NOR: July 2014
                              TSL: August 2014
                              eQIP Sent: August 2014
                              Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                              VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                              Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
                                it's more like 15 to 25 times. I can't remember the times just a few specific instances. But if I'm denied I'll just reapply in when I'm 29/30 i guess...
                                Just letting you know because it happened to one of my friends, and he will do the same. He will re apply when he is 29/30.
                                Just be prepare

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4937 users online. 196 members and 4741 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X