300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Overtime is one thing you should never rely on. Some times, in some locations, it's there. Often, it dries up...especially during times of mass hiring...like we're seeing today.

Plus, the agency as a whole has been pushing to reduce overall OT for years. They've cut it wiithin OFO...and they've gone hard after it within Border Patrol in reforming their AUO. Long term, I'd expect some sort of pay reform package to emerge aimed at all of us at some point.
    Merlin, that is great advice and I will not disagree. Over time is a privilege for the people that like to work. I have never lived off my means and certainly will not try to in this job. Over time is mentioned because it's great to have and who doesn't like extra money. But of course everyone should listen to this advice, never rely on overtime. Border patrol and ice have both received investigations regarding auo and it is not looking good. A lot of officers are desperately trying to justify it but can't and they are losing money quickly. Can't pay mortgage, car payments private schools etc, because they were relying on that extra 25%...

Btw, I am currently up here in Alexandria bay. Man what a total surprise. This place is beautiful. I actually at watertown. People are nice, streets are clean. Air is fresh. Houses and apartments are huge and insane cheap. I'm liking it so far and it's just day one. It won't be that hard to actually leave the city behind as Syracuse is only an hour drive and it's banging right now. State fair and lots of activities. Going there tonight.
    NYPD Exam # 6093
    List #: 15xx
    Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (Passed)
    Mini Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (not sure yet)
    Meet with BI: ???
    Written psychological: Jan 12th 2010
    Oral psychological: Jan 14th 2010
    JST: Jan 11th 2010 (passed 2:39)

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO Applicant '13 View Post
      I tried, but IA is only accepting voice mail. I left a message on Monday hoping I would get a return call in two business days like the IA voice mail said. SO I called back again Wednesday, and no reply. I left another voice mail with my name and number on Friday, so we will see if I hear anything Tuesday since Monday is Labor Day. This is the number I called: 202) 344-2600. Seems like a dead-end number. I also requested my FOIA which is a request to see my background that CBP has. That was submitted Monday, and it seems to be a lengthy process its been on the submitted stage for a week now. Pray for me guys.
      Before they find you unsuitable they would have sent you a NOPA first detailing the reasons why you were found unsuitable. At that time you could have responded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
        Merlin, that is great advice and I will not disagree. Over time is a privilege for the people that like to work. I have never lived off my means and certainly will not try to in this job. Over time is mentioned because it's great to have and who doesn't like extra money. But of course everyone should listen to this advice, never rely on overtime. Border patrol and ice have both received investigations regarding auo and it is not looking good. A lot of officers are desperately trying to justify it but can't and they are losing money quickly. Can't pay mortgage, car payments private schools etc, because they were relying on that extra 25%...

Btw, I am currently up here in Alexandria bay. Man what a total surprise. This place is beautiful. I actually at watertown. People are nice, streets are clean. Air is fresh. Houses and apartments are huge and insane cheap. I'm liking it so far and it's just day one. It won't be that hard to actually leave the city behind as Syracuse is only an hour drive and it's banging right now. State fair and lots of activities. Going there tonight.
        Kingston, ON is a decent small city about 40 miles northwest of A-Bay. It's worthy of a look.

Also, Ottawa, ON is about 100 miles northeast of A-Bay. A great "small" large city. As well, Montreal, PQ is roughly 150 miles away. Both cities are highly interesting and steeped in history. Montreal, I would argue, is the best North American city I've ever visited. An awesome town with an extremely rich heritage and culture.

And, if you're in the mood for it, take route 3 from Watertown across NNY to Plattsburgh. Awesome views of the Adirondacks. With a short detour, you can visit Lake Placid and all the Olympic, skiing and tourism in the area.
        Last edited by merlin436; 08-31-2014, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
          Hey man. Iv lived in Southern California my whole life (San diego) and am at the port of San ysidro. I'm currently at the academy but any question you might have feel free to PM me!
          Awesome. I will get in touch with u soon to get some info cause like I said it's gonna big change for me coming all the way from miami to the west if all goes well. BTW good luck in academy. I keep hearing great things about it. I would love to make it there soon already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
            I been a cbpo in nogales AZ for the past 2 years, and theres a lot great areas here... Sahuarita (Rancho Sahuarita) is a nice area. I live in Madera Highlands , Sahuarita, check that area too. is a great community with at least 4 golf course around us. :-) good luck , if you have any question let me know.
            This was exactly what I was looking for. I did some searching and the area looks really nice. Seems to be like 45 min drive to nogales from what it says on Google maps. But the area looks great.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Kingston, ON is a decent small city about 40 miles northwest of A-Bay. It's worthy of a look.

Also, Ottawa, ON is about 100 miles northeast of A-Bay. A great "small" large city. As well, Montreal, PQ is roughly 150 miles away. Both cities are highly interesting and steeped in history. Montreal, I would argue, is the best North American city I've ever visited. An awesome town with an extremely rich heritage and culture.

And, if you're in the mood for it, take route 3 from Watertown across NNY to Plattsburgh. Awesome views of the Adirondacks. With a short detour, you can visit Lake Placid and all the Olympic, skiing and tourism in the area.
              Merlin, all great ideas. Definitely will do while I'm up here. Saw lots of homes today and my wifey is relieved more and more. Shopping his huge here. There is so much to do I don't see what people were saying. Lots of restaurants. Nightlife is def not like the city as there is none. But that is nothing. I will be hitting up the state fair in Syracuse in a few. Visit that place up a bit too.
              NYPD Exam # 6093
              List #: 15xx
              Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (Passed)
              Mini Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (not sure yet)
              Meet with BI: ???
              Written psychological: Jan 12th 2010
              Oral psychological: Jan 14th 2010
              JST: Jan 11th 2010 (passed 2:39)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
                This was exactly what I was looking for. I did some searching and the area looks really nice. Seems to be like 45 min drive to nogales from what it says on Google maps. But the area looks great.
                Yes is around 40-45 min from nogales , but atleast 75% of the officers live there. Stay away from san Isidro port , thats a crazy huge port lol lol...

Comment

Yes is around 40-45 min from nogales , but atleast 75% of the officers live there. Stay away from san Isidro port , thats a crazy huge port lol lol...
                  I've never been at any other POE so I can't really compare. We are a supposed to be up to 62 gates by 2020. Should be a good ol' time!
                  Geo: SWB
                  CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                  NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                  TSL - 01/31/14
                  Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                  VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                  BI - 03/15/14
                  Poly - 04/30/14
                  BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                  Drug Test - 06/26/14
                  The Call - 06/26/14
                  PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                  EOD - 07/14/14
                  Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Kattle,

So how's the academy so far? Is it what you expected? How is the food? Is pt rough? I will be heading to FLETC in a week, excited and nervous...

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
                      Merlin, all great ideas. Definitely will do while I'm up here. Saw lots of homes today and my wifey is relieved more and more. Shopping his huge here. There is so much to do I don't see what people were saying. Lots of restaurants. Nightlife is def not like the city as there is none. But that is nothing. I will be hitting up the state fair in Syracuse in a few. Visit that place up a bit too.
                      This is good to hear. Are there are a lot of you people, there, too? I'm 32, and I want to hang around late 20s/early 30s crowd. Plus, the women, lol.

What areas have you visited in A-Bay and/or Watertown? I'd like to look at some pics.
                      CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                      02/28/14-TSL Received
                      03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                      07/01/14-VBT/SI
                      07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                      07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

I will keep that in mind!! Thanks alot for the help, been very Informative.
                        Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                        I've never been at any other POE so I can't really compare. We are a supposed to be up to 62 gates by 2020. Should be a good ol' time!
                        kattle, which POE are you at?

Comment

• Has cass updated for anyone today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Je123fl View Post
                            Has cass updated for anyone today?
                            Nope, mine hasn't changed at all since day one.
                            May you meet upon the level and part upon the square
                            USPIS

Applied:
                            01/28/2019
                            Exam Part 1 Passed: 01/28/2019
                            eCAP Submitted: 01/29/2019
                            Info Exchange: ?

CBPO, GEO: Midwest

Applied on: 05/05/14
                            CBPO Exam: 6/12/14
                            NOR:7/14/14=score 86 (with VET preference)
                            TSL: 8/1/14
                            EQIP/FINGERPRINTS- 8/14/14
                            MED/PFT1: 8/29/14
                            VBT/SI: 09/19/14
                            POLY: 11/03/14
                            BI: Passed Feb 2015
                            EOD: Turned down the offer due to an undesired location

Comment

• Originally posted by Je123fl View Post
                              Has cass updated for anyone today?
                              Nope, first item is the only completed one.
                              CBPO 14-1
                              Geo: Central East Coast
                              Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
                              Referred: 07/22/2014
                              TSL: 08/02/2014
                              Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
                              Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
                              VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
                              BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
                              PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                              EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
                              FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• I applied for 13-1. All checks are green except background is in security office and drug test. The long wait ... (sigh)

8-26-13 Written Test
                                9-9-13 Notice of Results
                                12-18-13 Tentative offer
                                1-2-14 Physical Fitness 1
                                3-12-14 VBT/SI
                                4-30-14 Polygraph Exam
                                6-11-14 Met with BI
                                8-4-14 Met with a 2nd BI (Recheck Info?)
                                8-26-13 Written Test
                                9-9-13 Notice of Results
                                12-18-13 Tentative Offer
                                1-2-14 Physical Fitness 1
                                1-13-14 Qualified for GS 7
                                2-14-14 Pre Employment forms submitted
                                3-12-14 VBT/SI
                                3-28-14 EQIP Released
                                4-30-14 Polygraph passed
                                6-11-14 Background Began
                                8-27-14 Received NOPA
                                10-29-14 Background Complete
                                10-30-14 Drug Test
                                11-3-14 THE CALL- Accepted JFK
                                11-25-14 PFT2 Passed
                                12-1-14 EOD/Pre Academy

CBP FLETC Class 368
                                1/9/15-5/15/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11517 users online. 435 members and 11082 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X