Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm starting to kinda wish I would of chosen an east coast geo. Cause I can't seem to get much info on south west area. Seeing that phoenix Az is most likely slim to none chances. All other areas seem a bit rough. I've never been to the west coast. Always been put here in the east so things are gonna be huge difference. Like looking into houses in souther AZ everything is like desert. Not sure how southern cali would be. And Texas and new mexico seem to be alot like AZ. Anyone from around those area care to chime in some thoughts about more or less a good choice of area?

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
      Kris took his in Tampa. That's where I had my VBT/SI, and I'm hoping I'll have my poly there since I live like 20 minutes away.

At least my credit report was pulled last month.
      Hey I don't remember the number that called me but it was from Tampa. You will get your poly in Tampa, and btw the examiner actually works for CBP it wasn't a contractor or nothing like that. They called me like 3 weeks prior to the date. did they call you already?

Comment

• Just curious what region do u guys think right now is in more needs for a cbpo do u guys think central east coast is one of the highest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pmartinez90 View Post
          Just curious what region do u guys think right now is in more needs for a cbpo do u guys think central east coast is one of the highest?
          Southwest region was hiring the most I heard

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
            I'm starting to kinda wish I would of chosen an east coast geo. Cause I can't seem to get much info on south west area. Seeing that phoenix Az is most likely slim to none chances. All other areas seem a bit rough. I've never been to the west coast. Always been put here in the east so things are gonna be huge difference. Like looking into houses in souther AZ everything is like desert. Not sure how southern cali would be. And Texas and new mexico seem to be alot like AZ. Anyone from around those area care to chime in some thoughts about more or less a good choice of area?

Hey man. Iv lived in Southern California my whole life (San diego) and am at the port of San ysidro. I'm currently at the academy but any question you might have feel free to PM me!
            Geo: SWB
            CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
            NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
            TSL - 01/31/14
            Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
            VBT/SI - 02/28/14
            BI - 03/15/14
            Poly - 04/30/14
            BI Cleared - 06/24/14
            Drug Test - 06/26/14
            The Call - 06/26/14
            PFT 2 - 07/11/14
            EOD - 07/14/14
            Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• WOW guys. I was told I passed the background when I sat down for my poly and now i'm getting a letter stating I did not pass my favorable background investigation!! I asked my BI but all he could tell me is to call IA (internal affairs), and that MHC has no idea, they just pass on the message. Idk what to do. Does anyone know how long I have to wait to reapply? or what else I can do? SO bummed!

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO Applicant '13 View Post
                WOW guys. I was told I passed the background when I sat down for my poly and now i'm getting a letter stating I did not pass my favorable background investigation!! I asked my BI but all he could tell me is to call IA (internal affairs), and that MHC has no idea, they just pass on the message. Idk what to do. Does anyone know how long I have to wait to reapply? or what else I can do? SO bummed!
                So you passed your poly? But you didn't clear the background? I have a friend that passed poly but got disqualified because of to many speeding tickets. I would call IA ASAP to find out why and see what your recourse would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Je123fl View Post
                  So you passed your poly? But you didn't clear the background? I have a friend that passed poly but got disqualified because of to many speeding tickets. I would call IA ASAP to find out why and see what your recourse would be.
                  Do you know how many tickets he had?

Comment

Anyone know the rules about facial hair for men?
                    I'm currently at the academy and have a neatly groomed full beard.
                    Geo - East Texas
                    Exam date - 9/7/2013
                    NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                    TSL - 11/27/2014
                    PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                    VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                    EQIP - 1/18/2014
                    Credit check - 2/4/2014
                    GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                    Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                    Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                    Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                    Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                    PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                    EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                    FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                    CBP Session #359 Guidon
                    Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
                      Do you know how many tickets he had?
                      He said four. That's the excuse he gave me. I'm not really sure tho. I hope it works out for you tho

Comment

I'm starting to kinda wish I would of chosen an east coast geo. Cause I can't seem to get much info on south west area. Seeing that phoenix Az is most likely slim to none chances. All other areas seem a bit rough. I've never been to the west coast. Always been put here in the east so things are gonna be huge difference. Like looking into houses in souther AZ everything is like desert. Not sure how southern cali would be. And Texas and new mexico seem to be alot like AZ. Anyone from around those area care to chime in some thoughts about more or less a good choice of area?
                        I been a cbpo in nogales AZ for the past 2 years, and theres a lot great areas here... Sahuarita (Rancho Sahuarita) is a nice area. I live in Madera Highlands , Sahuarita, check that area too. is a great community with at least 4 golf course around us. :-) good luck , if you have any question let me know.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks!!! I'm really hoping for maybe something in Phoenix AZ. Doesn't seem to bad as far as cost of living and stuff. Anyone care to give some input on SW region
                          You will NEVER, EVER get Phoenix :-) I'm in Nogales , AZ and is a great port. a lot of action if that's what you looking for. :-)

Comment

I tried, but IA is only accepting voice mail. I left a message on Monday hoping I would get a return call in two business days like the IA voice mail said. SO I called back again Wednesday, and no reply. I left another voice mail with my name and number on Friday, so we will see if I hear anything Tuesday since Monday is Labor Day. This is the number I called: 202) 344-2600. Seems like a dead-end number. I also requested my FOIA which is a request to see my background that CBP has. That was submitted Monday, and it seems to be a lengthy process its been on the submitted stage for a week now. Pray for me guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO Applicant '13 View Post
                              I tried, but IA is only accepting voice mail. I left a message on Monday hoping I would get a return call in two business days like the IA voice mail said. SO I called back again Wednesday, and no reply. I left another voice mail with my name and number on Friday, so we will see if I hear anything Tuesday since Monday is Labor Day. This is the number I called: 202) 344-2600. Seems like a dead-end number. I also requested my FOIA which is a request to see my background that CBP has. That was submitted Monday, and it seems to be a lengthy process its been on the submitted stage for a week now. Pray for me guys.
                              Wait, there's something I am missing. So you passed poly then you met with your BI where you finished your BI and waited some weeks then they sent you their decision? Could you please clarify? Also how long you waited? They must've give a reason to their decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
                                This is great information. Thank you. I really like to push myself and really want the cash so I hope it is more or so like you mention. I am driving up there as we speak to get a feel for the area. Looks like it may not be all bad at all.
                                Overtime is one thing you should never rely on. Some times, in some locations, it's there. Often, it dries up...especially during times of mass hiring...like we're seeing today.

Plus, the agency as a whole has been pushing to reduce overall OT for years. They've cut it wiithin OFO...and they've gone hard after it within Border Patrol in reforming their AUO. Long term, I'd expect some sort of pay reform package to emerge aimed at all of us at some point.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7794 users online. 213 members and 7581 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X