300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jerry61909 View Post
    hey just wondering if this is normal under background investigation it says this: We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.
    and under Pre employment forms it says this: One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.
    by the way i did fill out the equip and all the forms required in the begging when I applied
    Yes this is normal. Once they receive your SF86 it will be updated shortly after. When did you submit your eqip? Have you checked your credit report?

Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
    Allright guys, my bankruptcy issue cleared up, feel good about that.. Polygraph is coming up september 9.. I'm really haply for all you guys that did a great job in the application process. Kris86 my friend will be heading out to FLETC pretty soon, also Jade, CBPBoricua whos waiting on his poly like me, and some other cool guys here on the forum. This will be my last post (unless I pass the polygraph of course) so I really want to wish you all good luck on your journey to this great career.
    Thank you. When is your poly? I wish you best of luck and keep us posted

Originally posted by Kattle View Post
    The requirements at the academy are different than the physical test. Need to do 24 push ups, 1.5 mile in 15 minutes or less, sit and reach is 12.5 inches, and 220 in 45 seconds. All are easy to pass if you're in shape. I was just surprised at the amount of failures when you've come this far and have known all about it.
    What is sit and reach? Is it same as situps?

Originally posted by Ashlynn1220VT View Post
    I have a feeling that most of you in the adjudication have been there so long because there was a recent breach in security with the companies that are contracted out to do the background checks and that CBP has stopped dealing with some of these companies. Not certain but maybe that has something to do with it. Heading to FLETC in a week!
    Thanks Ashlynn. How did you get this info? You have the source?

Originally posted by cur679 View Post
    Did you guys and gals get your poly date by phone, email, or both? Thanks
    Phone. And Cur, could you plz post your timeline. Thnx

Comment

• The sit and reach measures your flexibility. You sit and push a block across a measuring stick to see how far you can push it. This video is really old but at 5:30 it shows it:
      http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J75ZejOzNiU

With the PFT1 and 2 you had to do sit-ups and it was the hardest one for people. Here you don't do any.
      Geo: SWB
      CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
      NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
      TSL - 01/31/14
      Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
      VBT/SI - 02/28/14
      BI - 03/15/14
      Poly - 04/30/14
      BI Cleared - 06/24/14
      Drug Test - 06/26/14
      The Call - 06/26/14
      PFT 2 - 07/11/14
      EOD - 07/14/14
      Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by jerry61909 View Post
        hey just wondering if this is normal

under background investigation it says this: We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

and under Pre employment forms it says this: One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.

by the way i did fill out the equip and all the forms required in the begging when I applied
        I submitted my e-qip the day we got them, and mine still say that too. I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I am also wondering why it is taking so long especially for the preemployment forms to update.
        Geo: Reapplied to El Paso under 15-2
        Tested: 6/2/2014
        NOR: 7/14/14 (98)
        Tentative Select: 8/2/14
        Medical: 8/26/14 green check 12/9/14
        PFT1: 9/3/14 green check 9/11/14
        VBT & SI: 9/24/14 green check 9/30/14
        Polygraph: 12/9/14 passed, waiting on QC
        Sit down with BI: 01/2015
        Background finished: 02/2015
        Background Cleared: CASS Referred for scheduling 3/5/2015
        Drug Test: Scheduled for 3/5/2015
        Provisional Clearance: 8/7/2015
        The Call:
        EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
          To all the Florida haters, be careful what you wish for! It sounds good to say you want snow and all that now, but wait until you finally have to live with it! You will be wishing you were back in Florida! When you realize you are making less money just from state income taxes, you will wish you were back in Florida. Florida isn't the only place in the country that is dirty, has humidity, has bad drivers, etc. Take all those negatives and multiply them by ten and you have the great "state" of Chicago! Oh also, in Florida you don't haven't basements that can flood when it storms bad. I will be spending my 3 day weekend drying and cleaning my basement since it flooded last night.
          You are right on with this. People that live in Florida and want to come up north will certainly regret coming up here in due time. Every state in the country has it's disgusting areas. I'll gladly take humid weather all year over shoveling snow and driving in icy conditions in the middle of January. You haven't seen nothing yet when it comes to living expenses in the NY/NJ area. Taxes here are the highest or at worst 2nd highest in the country. There's a reason why most people up here retire and move down south.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
            Hey all. I've decided to accept the offer of Alexandria bay. It is very difficult to know the future and even though I know there is need for the port I wanted, there is not telling when the next announcement is and how long it will take to reapply and wait for the next job offer.

I got help from someone already but if there is anyone else that can give insight into this area please let me know. I will be taking a trip this weekend to get a feel for the area and will make my final decision this weekend. Any info given is good such as overtime, morale work load etc. Thanks in advance.

I grew up as a kid in the greater A-Bay area.

Beautiful location, especially in the summer and fall. Winters see lots of snow...there's decent skiing in the Adirondacks an hour or so away. Lots of rivers and lakes nearby.. for boating, fishing and swimming. Watertown, NY is 30 miles south and a decent small city. Syracuse, NY is 100 miles south and a mid-sized city. The rest of the area is small town life. A-B itself is very much a summer touristy town. Lot's of summer activities...then it very much dies off to a handful of locals during the winter.

Watertown has a small 2-year college. Potsdam and Canton are two decent 4-year college towns roughly an hour away.

Last I heard local morale was less than average for a northern-border port and OT opportunities were greater than NB average. OT and morale are usually mercurial though...bring in new management, change a handful of things here and there, hire a few additional people, etc. and suddenly OT and morale jump about. Most NB ports tend to be stressed on staffing during the summer months and more relaxed during the winter. A-Bay holds truer to this rule than most. Expect much less work and OT during the winter.

Comment

• My vbt/si is scheduled for the 24th @ newark Nj and i'm trying to switch it over to JFK since its closer and they are telling me I would have to wait another month or two before I can get another date. That's crazy

Comment

• waiting a month or two is not out of the question... I took my madical /PFT-1 back in beginning of April and it still has not cleared the Medical review!! My email from them said 4-6 weeks its been going into 5 months and look at all the 14-1 and 14-2 applicants already cleared? so, just be patient and good luck CHEERS!
                Originally posted by Bassjunkie06 View Post
                My vbt/si is scheduled for the 24th @ newark Nj and i'm trying to switch it over to JFK since its closer and they are telling me I would have to wait another month or two before I can get another date. That's crazy

Comment

• Kris,

When you received the call for your poly, what was the area code? 813?
                  Last edited by cur679; 08-30-2014, 11:33 AM.
                  CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                  02/28/14-TSL Received
                  03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                  07/01/14-VBT/SI
                  07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                  07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Anyone know the rules about facial hair for men?

Comment

• Originally posted by Je123fl View Post
                      Anyone know the rules about facial hair for men?
                      You are allowed facial hair, ie. goatee, as long as it's trimmed and groomed. You just can't look like "Cast Away" or "Duck Dynasty" lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                        Kris,

When you received a call for your poly, what was the area code? 813?
                        The poly process is probably different from the Idea you have, the wait depends on how many applicants are in your area prone to take it, the examiners are not assigned to a specific area, they are sent to different states on a schedule basis, for me , since there are not many applicants where I live he scheduled me for his next stay here. I know some people have been called, I got an email 3 weeks prior.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
                          You are allowed facial hair, ie. goatee, as long as it's trimmed and groomed. You just can't look like "Cast Away" or "Duck Dynasty" lol.
                          lol thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
                            The poly process is probably different from the Idea you have, the wait depends on how many applicants are in your area prone to take it, the examiners are not assigned to a specific area, they are sent to different states on a schedule basis, for me , since there are not many applicants where I live he scheduled me for his next stay here. I know some people have been called, I got an email 3 weeks prior.
                            Kris took his in Tampa. That's where I had my VBT/SI, and I'm hoping I'll have my poly there since I live like 20 minutes away.

At least my credit report was pulled last month.
                            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                            02/28/14-TSL Received
                            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                            07/01/14-VBT/SI
                            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                            07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                              Kris took his in Tampa. That's where I had my VBT/SI, and I'm hoping I'll have my poly there since I live like 20 minutes away.

At least my credit report was pulled last month.
                              Thats good news bro, only the poly left and we should be good 2 go

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                I grew up as a kid in the greater A-Bay area.

Beautiful location, especially in the summer and fall. Winters see lots of snow...there's decent skiing in the Adirondacks an hour or so away. Lots of rivers and lakes nearby.. for boating, fishing and swimming. Watertown, NY is 30 miles south and a decent small city. Syracuse, NY is 100 miles south and a mid-sized city. The rest of the area is small town life. A-B itself is very much a summer touristy town. Lot's of summer activities...then it very much dies off to a handful of locals during the winter.

Watertown has a small 2-year college. Potsdam and Canton are two decent 4-year college towns roughly an hour away.

Last I heard local morale was less than average for a northern-border port and OT opportunities were greater than NB average. OT and morale are usually mercurial though...bring in new management, change a handful of things here and there, hire a few additional people, etc. and suddenly OT and morale jump about. Most NB ports tend to be stressed on staffing during the summer months and more relaxed during the winter. A-Bay holds truer to this rule than most. Expect much less work and OT during the winter.
                                This is great information. Thank you. I really like to push myself and really want the cash so I hope it is more or so like you mention. I am driving up there as we speak to get a feel for the area. Looks like it may not be all bad at all.
                                NYPD Exam # 6093
                                List #: 15xx
                                Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (Passed)
                                Mini Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (not sure yet)
                                Meet with BI: ???
                                Written psychological: Jan 12th 2010
                                Oral psychological: Jan 14th 2010
                                JST: Jan 11th 2010 (passed 2:39)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12217 users online. 446 members and 11771 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X