300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
    From what ive heard chances of being selected for city duties(Tucson or Phoenix) are slim to none. Borders are the most likely Nogales, Naco, Ajo ETC.....
    Well this just rained on my parade. Lol. Well I guess I'ma have to do some research on good choices. Cause I'm coming from miami, fl. So it's gonna be a big change

Comment

• Wait, one more thing. I might have a misunderstanding, CBPO work at boarder too?? Or is that only Boarder Patrol.

Comment

• hey just wondering if this is normal

under background investigation it says this: We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

and under Pre employment forms it says this: One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.

by the way i did fill out the equip and all the forms required in the begging when I applied

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
          Well this just rained on my parade. Lol. Well I guess I'ma have to do some research on good choices. Cause I'm coming from miami, fl. So it's gonna be a big change
          My buddy was a federal agent in Laredo and I visited a few times. It is a pretty decent city. He loved the fact that he was always busy. Being that you are from Miami, you might like Brownsville since it is super close to south padre island and beaches!
          Geo- Florida
          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
          NOR- 98 10/25/13
          Qual- GS 7
          TSL- 2/28/14
          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
            My buddy was a federal agent in Laredo and I visited a few times. It is a pretty decent city. He loved the fact that he was always busy. Being that you are from Miami, you might like Brownsville since it is super close to south padre island and beaches!
            will deff take a look at that and take into consideration

Comment

• CBPO's are at border ports of entry.

Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
              Wait, one more thing. I might have a misunderstanding, CBPO work at boarder too?? Or is that only Boarder Patrol.

Comment

• Allright guys, my bankruptcy issue cleared up, feel good about that.. Polygraph is coming up september 9.. I'm really haply for all you guys that did a great job in the application process. Kris86 my friend will be heading out to FLETC pretty soon, also Jade, CBPBoricua whos waiting on his poly like me, and some other cool guys here on the forum. This will be my last post (unless I pass the polygraph of course) so I really want to wish you all good luck on your journey to this great career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassjunkie06 View Post
                  People failing by 2 min? Thats insane. Running a 1.5 mile in under 17 min 15 seconds is not hard. You can speed walk that 5 mph
                  The requirements at the academy are different than the physical test. Need to do 24 push ups, 1.5 mile in 15 minutes or less, sit and reach is 12.5 inches, and 220 in 45 seconds. All are easy to pass if you're in shape. I was just surprised at the amount of failures when you've come this far and have known all about it.
                  Geo: SWB
                  CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                  NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                  TSL - 01/31/14
                  Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                  VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                  BI - 03/15/14
                  Poly - 04/30/14
                  BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                  Drug Test - 06/26/14
                  The Call - 06/26/14
                  PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                  EOD - 07/14/14
                  Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post

The requirements at the academy are different than the physical test. Need to do 24 push ups, 1.5 mile in 15 minutes or less, sit and reach is 12.5 inches, and 220 in 45 seconds. All are easy to pass if you're in shape. I was just surprised at the amount of failures when you've come this far and have known all about it.
                    how do they measure the sit and reach?
                    Geo- Florida
                    CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                    NOR- 98 10/25/13
                    Qual- GS 7
                    TSL- 2/28/14
                    PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                    VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                    VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                    BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                    BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                    BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Hey all. I've decided to accept the offer of Alexandria bay. It is very difficult to know the future and even though I know there is need for the port I wanted, there is not telling when the next announcement is and how long it will take to reapply and wait for the next job offer.

I got help from someone already but if there is anyone else that can give insight into this area please let me know. I will be taking a trip this weekend to get a feel for the area and will make my final decision this weekend. Any info given is good such as overtime, morale work load etc. Thanks in advance.
                      NYPD Exam # 6093
                      List #: 15xx
                      Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (Passed)
                      Mini Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (not sure yet)
                      Meet with BI: ???
                      Written psychological: Jan 12th 2010
                      Oral psychological: Jan 14th 2010
                      JST: Jan 11th 2010 (passed 2:39)

Comment

• Originally posted by jerry61909 View Post
                        hey just wondering if this is normal

under background investigation it says this: We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation.

and under Pre employment forms it says this: One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required.

by the way i did fill out the equip and all the forms required in the begging when I applied
                        Pre-Employment forms omission is normal.
                        Background will update when they get around to CASS

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper_Pup View Post
                          I've traveled quite a bit within the states.. It's better in some places. Worse in others. I've been itching to get out of here for a long time. Florida isn't all its cracked up to be, for more than the reasons I just listed. Live here for a couple decades...

I'm looking forward to some snow and elevation changes.

Oh... and I'm female, but no worries!

Anyone else not have CASS updated for anything? Pft/medical were done...eqip was in on 8/16... everything shows pending. Including the background documents.
                          Ahh would have never guessed you were female based on your handle. I see you took A Bay, I think that's a much better choice than anything in Maine. Good luck too you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                            Anybody of you guys is waiting on adjudication like myself?
                            I have a feeling that most of you in the adjudication have been there so long because there was a recent breach in security with the companies that are contracted out to do the background checks and that CBP has stopped dealing with some of these companies. Not certain but maybe that has something to do with it. Heading to FLETC in a week!

Comment

• Did you guys and gals get your poly date by phone, email, or both?

Thanks
                              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                              02/28/14-TSL Received
                              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                              07/01/14-VBT/SI
                              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                                Did you guys and gals get your poly date by phone, email, or both?

Thanks
                                Phone
                                Geo: Northeast
                                Written Test: 8/28/2013 (97 no vet points)
                                NOR: 9/9/2013
                                TSL: 11/27/2013
                                Medical/PT: 12/19/2014
                                VBT/SI: 01/02/2014
                                Medical cleared: 04/08/4014
                                Equip/fingerprints received: 04/11/2014
                                Poly: 05/27/2014
                                Received NOPA: 06/30/2014
                                Replied to NOPA: 07/22/2014
                                1st meeting with BI: 08/06/2014
                                2nd meeting with BI: 08/08/2014
                                Drug Test: 09/25/2014
                                All green checks: 09/30/2014
                                Got the call!: 10/01/2014
                                Pft2: 10/23/2014
                                EOD: 11/03/2014
                                FLETC: 11/24/2014

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4071 users online. 200 members and 3871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X