Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope... we don't have basements, however we DO have mini torrential down pours between 1-3pm which makes for a daily game of "bumper cars" (since they seem to become magnetic as soon as the roads get wet) for four months out of the year! There are down falls to every part of the country and the grass is almost always greener on the other side. I loved this state until I ventured up to NC/TN. There's something to be said about landscaping that isn't manicured... and people with the ability to have a conversation that's deeper than a sprinkler puddle.

If you like going out and drinking every night and enjoy that kind of "night life" this state is for you!

I could live without the 4ft of snow... but I put in for central east coast. So, while it seems NY is likely, perhaps I'll get somewhere in VA. But, I'll go where ever.

I don't envy anyone who lives in Chicago... or Baltimore... or Detroit. Florida would be paradise in comparison!

Comment

• Well, PFT1 done and over with. Passed with flying colors. Doctor said I was in great shape, 20/20 vision with no glasses and normal EKG. I was stressing the BP reading, but it was good to go.

Did decent on the physical portion:
      40 push ups
      25 sit ups
      10 side to side

and of course the dreaded step test.

Not bad for an old 43 year old, lol. Moving along. Good luck to the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by nr1324 View Post
        So, I went to take the medical and physical and everything was perfectly fine except for the top number on my BP readings was around 150 and they would not let me take the physical (and my uncorrected vision, but I already knew that). They said they would send the paperwork off and then the hiring center would contact me. So, what does this mean? Am I done? Will I need to go see my physician and get a clearance letter and then be able to take the physical? Has anyone on here had a similar issue? Thanks.
        Have you heard anything? Will they let you re-test? The BP has to be under 140/90 or they won't let you test. I suffer from high blood pressure and tried something truckers do every two years for their DOT physicals. It apparently worked. I did my PFT1 today and passed. Keep us posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
          To all the Florida haters, be careful what you wish for! It sounds good to say you want snow and all that now, but wait until you finally have to live with it! You will be wishing you were back in Florida! When you realize you are making less money just from state income taxes, you will wish you were back in Florida. Florida isn't the only place in the country that is dirty, has humidity, has bad drivers, etc. Take all those negatives and multiply them by ten and you have the great "state" of Chicago! Oh also, in Florida you don't haven't basements that can flood when it storms bad. I will be spending my 3 day weekend drying and cleaning my basement since it flooded last night.
          I agree with this. I see many applicants who live in the south, midwest, west coast, etc who applied and are eager to get JFK/Newark and for the life of me I can't understand why. I would give anything to get out of here but unfortunately I am stuck for now. I live about 45 minutes from JFK on Long Island and the rent here is atrocious. $1600+ for a 1 bedroom plus utilities (if you don't want to live in someone's musty basement), highest electric rates in the country, absurd state tax withholding's, crazy nor'easters that dump up to 2 feet of snow December-March, flooding, bumper to bumper traffic, everyone's stressed and always in a hurry, I could go on and on. Sure, JFK is an extremely busy international airport with the opportunity for overtime but my advice to those applicants who are seeking to move across the country to work in Central East: Do your homework and do it thoroughly. I may be jaded because I have lived here for 30+ years but I can tell you that the quality of life is horrid. It is so bad here that certain towns are giving incentives to first time home buyers up to $16k for closing costs because all of the young families are moving out. On our block alone there are 15 "For Sale" signs and these homes have been on the market for well over 200 days. People just aren't moving here and many are moving away from the $10K-$15k per year in property taxes. I applied for Central East but if I had the opportunity to change my GEO I certainly would.

Comment

• People failing by 2 min? Thats insane. Running a 1.5 mile in under 17 min 15 seconds is not hard. You can speed walk that 5 mph

Originally posted by Kattle View Post
            For those going through the process stay in shape. They send you reminder emails to stay in shape as you do need to pass physical tests here at the academy. You take the fitness test here three times. The third being the one that counts. I took the first one last week and we had quite a few people fail the pushups, sit and reach, and the 1.5 mile by a good two minutes. Stay in shape!

Comment

• Hi all! I've been lurking around this forum for a few months... figured it's about time for me to pipe in.
              I applied to the 14-1 application for Central East Coast. I completed my medical/fitness today, and scheduled to take the VBT on Sept 16th in Norfolk.
              First, I assume I passed the fitness
              17 pushups
              31 situps
              11 line touches
              30 seconds lift/lower
              and passed the step....thats a LONG 5 minutes

And suggestions for the VBT? I'm aware that theres a confidentiality statement....just looking for tips/pointers on how to succeed (I've never done an interactive scenario interview before.)

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                Good luck, Jade.

I just checked my credit report (Experian). It shows that US Customs Service pulled my credit report. I submitted my equip July 18, and on Experian it shows my credit report was pulled on July 22.

Does this mean CBP has started conducting my background? Is this really a good sign, or should I wait until I pass my poly, and that's when my background will start to be investigated?

Thanks
                Thanks. Yes, your BI start when you submit your eqip. It is a good sign they pulled your credit report and it should match what you gave them, however, don't get your hopes up yet till after you pass poly. You will do good.

Comment

• Well I passed the PFT1 today! Wasn't to bad, but that step test did kinda suck. Scored a 117 over all and passed the step test. Next is the VBT/SI in Denver on Sept 19th.
                  May you meet upon the level and part upon the square
                  USPIS

Applied:
                  01/28/2019
                  Exam Part 1 Passed: 01/28/2019
                  eCAP Submitted: 01/29/2019
                  Info Exchange: ?

CBPO, GEO: Midwest

Applied on: 05/05/14
                  CBPO Exam: 6/12/14
                  NOR:7/14/14=score 86 (with VET preference)
                  TSL: 8/1/14
                  EQIP/FINGERPRINTS- 8/14/14
                  MED/PFT1: 8/29/14
                  VBT/SI: 09/19/14
                  POLY: 11/03/14
                  BI: Passed Feb 2015
                  EOD: Turned down the offer due to an undesired location

Comment

• http://forums.officer.com/attachment...6&d=1408560738

Here is the score chart if yall are curious. It's the same chart the lady had while doing the PFT. She told me my scored before I left.
                    May you meet upon the level and part upon the square
                    USPIS

Applied:
                    01/28/2019
                    Exam Part 1 Passed: 01/28/2019
                    eCAP Submitted: 01/29/2019
                    Info Exchange: ?

CBPO, GEO: Midwest

Applied on: 05/05/14
                    CBPO Exam: 6/12/14
                    NOR:7/14/14=score 86 (with VET preference)
                    TSL: 8/1/14
                    EQIP/FINGERPRINTS- 8/14/14
                    MED/PFT1: 8/29/14
                    VBT/SI: 09/19/14
                    POLY: 11/03/14
                    BI: Passed Feb 2015
                    EOD: Turned down the offer due to an undesired location

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                      I dont get it tho, Northeast Region consists of alot others places like Pittsburgh, alot of ports in NY, Rhode island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, etc...why are they just offering VT and Maine?? I'm assuming the other places have hiring needs too...
                      Everything is based on need. I know a lot of ports are at capacity at the moment. 2015 should bring some new openings for sure.

Comment

• Took the pft 1 today and passed !

33 push ups
                        42 sit-ups
                        13 side steps

Killed the step test only because of prior practice lol felt I could have done an additional 5 mins lol

Next up VBT sept 9 ! Let's go guys/gals !

Comment

• Does anyone know what ports would be in the south west geo?

Comment

• Southwest
                            Locations in Texas: Laredo, El Paso, Fabens, Brownsville, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Pharr, Progreso, Presidio, Rio Grande City, and Roma
                            Locations in California: Andrade, Calexico, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, Tecate, San Bernardino
                            States of Arizona and New Mexico
                            CBPO

14-1
                            Geo: SWB
                            CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
                            NOR: 07/14/14
                            TSL: 08/01/14
                            Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
                            BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
                            Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
                            VBT / SI : 09/17/14
                            Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
                            Poly 1: 11/13/14
                            Poly 2: 12/30/14

BPA

15-1
                            Geo: Arizona
                            BPA Exam: 12/16/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Arroz con pollo View Post
                              Southwest
                              Locations in Texas: Laredo, El Paso, Fabens, Brownsville, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Pharr, Progreso, Presidio, Rio Grande City, and Roma
                              Locations in California: Andrade, Calexico, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, Tecate, San Bernardino
                              States of Arizona and New Mexico
                              Awesome. Thanks!!! I'm really hoping for maybe something in Phoenix AZ. Doesn't seem to bad as far as cost of living and stuff. Anyone care to give some input on SW region

Comment

• From what ive heard chances of being selected for city duties(Tucson or Phoenix) are slim to none. Borders are the most likely Nogales, Naco, Ajo ETC.....

Originally posted by Alexb6237 View Post
                                Awesome. Thanks!!! I'm really hoping for maybe something in Phoenix AZ. Doesn't seem to bad as far as cost of living and stuff. Anyone care to give some input on SW region

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6872 users online. 165 members and 6707 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X