300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arroz con pollo View Post
    Just seen US Customs on my credit report today. 14-1 applicant. Sent eqip on 8/16/14

Which credit bureau did they pull the report from?
    Transunion
    Applied: May 2014 SWB
    CBPO Exam: June 2014
    NOR: 81 July 2014
    TSL August
    Eqip: August 16th
    PFT1 August 21 Passed
    VBT/SI Sept 9 Passed
    Polygraph Sept 29
    BI
    PFT1
    EOD
    Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
      I'd also like to know where I can check to see if my credit report has been checked.

Thanks

EDIT-Alexandria Bay seems like the best place out of the three. Maine isn't bad if you're willing to drive half an hour or so to work. There is a decent sized town near the port. I forget the name. Other than that, Champlain is offered, but I guess you didn't get lucky. There's a couple of colleges near Plattsburgh.
      Hello! So I was filing a dispute for something that got sent to collections when it shouldn't have and I got a notification from transunion that the situation was resolved and I could look at my edited credit report and that's when I saw cbp on it. Everyone gets a free credit report one each year I believe
      Applied: May 2014 SWB
      CBPO Exam: June 2014
      NOR: 81 July 2014
      TSL August
      Eqip: August 16th
      PFT1 August 21 Passed
      VBT/SI Sept 9 Passed
      Polygraph Sept 29
      BI
      PFT1
      EOD
      Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper_Pup View Post
        I second the sheer loathing of this state and I'm a native, so I've been here long enough. The problem with Florida is its a melting pot for the rest of the country. Retirees winter here. It's got a constant flow of tourists because of the warm weather and beaches and while that is good for the economy, it makes it a very transient state. Plus, there are no real "driving habits" ergo, while I'll say there are a few places I've been that have worse drivers, ours are pretty bad.

Huge homeless population (due to the warm weather). Once you enter Miami-Dade county you should just consider it northern Cuba.

Cost of living is high. I'm within Palm Beach County and gas is still over $4/gallon. (Premium, not sure what regular is)

The school systems aren't fantastic. Plus, to top it all off, if I remember correctly, our convicted felon ratio was 10-1.

The perks? You can wear flip flops and shorts all year and the beach is within a reasonable driving distance to most places. I'll miss not being able to ride my motorcycle year round, but I can not wait to get out of this state!
        I completely understand hating one place as opposed to the other but if you really re-read everything you just said, minus the beach, you basically just described most of America. Be careful what you wish for man, you will be missing Florida when it's -40 degrees outside and on top of that your spending 500 a month on just state income taxes.

Comment

• 14-1 applicants is there anybody else in here that got the call to schedule the poly ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
            I must have printed the results, and deleted email. However I checked my old email account from AOL and I can find my 2010 NOR. To changing from central East to Southwest, to back to Central East that year. I have all the emails. I don't have the current one stating I selected northeast. Again, if I did select in error for some reason, I will try to see what can be done. If not I may not pick the offer and reapply in the next announcement which may be next month or next year, who knows. I will try to speak to a supervisor and see what can be done. I am 1000% sure this happens often and they need to be made aware of this.
            Log into your usajobs account. You will find your current nor and application. Let us know what region you selected.
            NYPD Exam #4329
            TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Originally posted by nathand13 View Post
              14-2. Haven't received any notification yet.
              14-2 Received an email a few weeks back to schedule my test. Yesterday is when you could start scheduling. Look for an email from USAHire. I'm taking it in two weeks. The job posting says there where 15,000 applications.... Wonder how many will be hired?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                I completely understand hating one place as opposed to the other but if you really re-read everything you just said, minus the beach, you basically just described most of America. Be careful what you wish for man, you will be missing Florida when it's -40 degrees outside and on top of that your spending 500 a month on just state income taxes.
                I've traveled quite a bit within the states.. It's better in some places. Worse in others. I've been itching to get out of here for a long time. Florida isn't all its cracked up to be, for more than the reasons I just listed. Live here for a couple decades...

I'm looking forward to some snow and elevation changes.

Oh... and I'm female, but no worries!

Anyone else not have CASS updated for anything? Pft/medical were done...eqip was in on 8/16... everything shows pending. Including the background documents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                  Those states have large international airports and sea ports, it makes it hard to believe that they are staffed already. Plus I would assume that they would hire first in places that need more officers like VT and Maine, once they fill does spots then they'll offer the better places, just guessing.
                  Most of those locations aren't really that large.

Baltimore is roughly 80-90 Officers
                  Boston is roughy 45 Officers
                  Pittsburg, PA is roughly 15-20 Officers

Most of the other ports are 1-10 man operations.

New Hampshire has one small land-border crossing(Pittsburg) and a handful of small airport/seaport operations. Philadeplhia, outside of Philly, has a handful of other smaller ports. The same goes for the rest of MA, and CT. Small ports and not much for turnover.

Plus, much of the time, it's often more advantageous for the agency to move existing, highly-qualified current people into those locations rather than to fill them with new hires...if they can find current people willing to relocate there.

Comment

• double post...
                    Last edited by merlin436; 08-29-2014, 09:17 AM. Reason: double post...

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
                      Is that something CBPO's should be fighting for (GL Scale) or is it better to remain on the GS Scale?
                      There are several advantages to having full "LEO" designation, GL pay being one.
                      There are also advantages to the current setup.

Eventually I expect that, at some future point, we'll see some avenue open up which will redefine either CBPOs or "LEOs" and eliminate all the current differences.

Comment

• I did pft1 yesterday, it was really easy since I work out 5 days a week.
                        45 pushups, 42 situps, 25 seconds for the lifting and 17 on the side to side, the step test is just cardio, practice it at home. Let's do it.

Comment

• Yeah, the snow will not be fun up north, but I chose the NE, because I thought the areas were better than the other locations. I didn't want the SWB, because the living conditions look awful there. Poor schools, neighborhoods, etc. I mean, no offense, and I'm sure you may get lucky for a decent area, but no thanks.

And I don't like FL, because it's dirty, crowded, flat, ugly, and it's hot and humid 10 months out of the year. I miss the different seasons. At least with Charlotte, NC, they average 6 inches of snow a year, which isn't bad. Plus, you can't even get into the holiday spirit down here in FL. Halloween is the best holiday of the year, and we don't get fall colored leaves.

Every time a guy I know from work who visits family in Charlotte, he comes back to FL and tells me, "Man, FL really is a ****hole. Charlotte is so clean and nice, even the fastfood restaurants are clean!"

Anyway, I applied for the FBI IA position and chose Charlotte as my location.
                          Last edited by cur679; 08-29-2014, 11:28 AM.
                          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                          02/28/14-TSL Received
                          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                          07/01/14-VBT/SI
                          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• To all the Florida haters, be careful what you wish for! It sounds good to say you want snow and all that now, but wait until you finally have to live with it! You will be wishing you were back in Florida! When you realize you are making less money just from state income taxes, you will wish you were back in Florida. Florida isn't the only place in the country that is dirty, has humidity, has bad drivers, etc. Take all those negatives and multiply them by ten and you have the great "state" of Chicago! Oh also, in Florida you don't haven't basements that can flood when it storms bad. I will be spending my 3 day weekend drying and cleaning my basement since it flooded last night.
                            Geo- Florida
                            CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                            NOR- 98 10/25/13
                            Qual- GS 7
                            TSL- 2/28/14
                            PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                            VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                            VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                            BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                            BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                            BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Anybody of you guys is waiting on adjudication like myself?

Comment

• Good luck, Jade.

I just checked my credit report (Experian). It shows that US Customs Service pulled my credit report. I submitted my equip July 18, and on Experian it shows my credit report was pulled on July 22.

Does this mean CBP has started conducting my background? Is this really a good sign, or should I wait until I pass my poly, and that's when my background will start to be investigated?

Thanks
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10857 users online. 508 members and 10349 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X