300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
    Those states may not need any officers. That's just a guess.
    Those states have large international airports and sea ports, it makes it hard to believe that they are staffed already. Plus I would assume that they would hire first in places that need more officers like VT and Maine, once they fill does spots then they'll offer the better places, just guessing.

Comment

Whoooa, Nelly. Odds are you won't get to choose another port, and I hope you don't reapply and choose the NE again, because you'll most likely be offered the same ports again, lol.
      No I will be selecting central East once more. As I stated earlier k have always selected central East, even going back to my notice of results in 2012 I've had central East. They are claiming now I selected North East, and I can't switch regions and to do so, means reapplying next opening which is the stupidest thing. I will fight it to the end but most likely they will say just reapply. Hopefully I can reuse rest, poly, and background. But who knows when the next announcement is. I'm taking a risk by turning down this offer.
      NYPD Exam # 6093
      List #: 15xx
      Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (Passed)
      Mini Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (not sure yet)
      Meet with BI: ???
      Written psychological: Jan 12th 2010
      Oral psychological: Jan 14th 2010
      JST: Jan 11th 2010 (passed 2:39)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
        I dont get it tho, Northeast Region consists of alot others places like Pittsburgh, alot of ports in NY, Rhode island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, etc...why are they just offering VT and Maine?? I'm assuming the other places have hiring needs too...
        That is correct Kris, I will defer the offer to see if I can get something like Massachusetts, Connecticut or Rhode Island. I am familiar with those places and these places won't be a huge culture shock for my family and I. We will see in a few hours what they say.
        NYPD Exam # 6093

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
          That is correct Kris, I will defer the offer to see if I can get something like Massachusetts, Connecticut or Rhode Island. I am familiar with those places and these places won't be a huge culture shock for my family and I. We will see in a few hours what they say.
          I'm hoping for places like that man, I'm more of a city person myself. keep us posted when you try to defer to see what they say, I'm really curious to know what they say because I would consider deferring myself if I get offered some of does northen ports...

Comment

• For those going through the process stay in shape. They send you reminder emails to stay in shape as you do need to pass physical tests here at the academy. You take the fitness test here three times. The third being the one that counts. I took the first one last week and we had quite a few people fail the pushups, sit and reach, and the 1.5 mile by a good two minutes. Stay in shape!
            Geo: SWB
            CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
            NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
            TSL - 01/31/14
            Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
            VBT/SI - 02/28/14
            BI - 03/15/14
            Poly - 04/30/14
            BI Cleared - 06/24/14
            Drug Test - 06/26/14
            The Call - 06/26/14
            PFT 2 - 07/11/14
            EOD - 07/14/14
            Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

I'm hoping for places like that man, I'm more of a city person myself. keep us posted when you try to defer to see what they say, I'm really curious to know what they say because I would consider deferring myself if I get offered some of does northen ports...
              Kris why from Florida and selecting all the way up here? I would stay down there. I had Florida region at one point as well. But I switched back to Central East coast. So I don't understand where they are getting northeast selection from me unless it was an honest mistake. But w.e
              NYPD Exam # 6093

Comment

• I'm in FL, too, but I HATE this state so much. I would really like Charlotte, NC. FL is THE worst state I've ever lived, and I've lived in some rough places growing up. There's a reason why this state gets made fun of on a daily basis.

I chose NE, because like Kris, I thought the other ports listed would be decent. I guess I should've done more research when it came to which ports new hires were being OFFERED. Also, I didn't want to work in the SWB.
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
                  Kris why from Florida and selecting all the way up here? I would stay down there. I had Florida region at one point as well. But I switched back to Central East coast. So I don't understand where they are getting northeast selection from me unless it was an honest mistake. But w.e
                  I understand that's why I regret it. I applied NE cuz I knew the process was going to go alot quicker, if I would of applied to Florida the process was going to take forever, thought that eventually I would transfer back down here. Plus I do want a change but I would like to work in a decent place not in a rural isolated place where the closest town is like 2 hours away! . Keep us posted with your decision.

Comment

I understand that's why I regret it. I applied NE cuz I knew the process was going to go alot quicker, if I would of applied to Florida the process was going to take forever, thought that eventually I would transfer back down here. Plus I do want a change but I would like to work in a decent place not in a rural isolated place where the closest town is like 2 hours away! . Keep us posted with your decision.
                    Yes I will keep you posted. The closest town up by Alex Bay is watertown, and even still in don't like the homes there. I live in the suburbs in nyc and it's a total change that I can not deal with. Syracuse is 90 miles away as well. So there's only Clayton and another town, but it's like wtf nothing in sight. Screw that
                    NYPD Exam # 6093

Comment

I dont get it tho, Northeast Region consists of alot others places like Pittsburgh, alot of ports in NY, Rhode island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, etc...why are they just offering VT and Maine?? I'm assuming the other places have hiring needs too...
                      It's all luck of the draw. Hiring demands change from month to month. And I can tell you first hand that most Maine ports have been understaffed for quite some time now.

And to Joyero I don't know how you can lose an NOR. It comes in an email. Try using the search function in your inbox, deleted section, spam folder or anywhere else it could have gone. Shouldn't be too hard to recover a lost email. If you find it at least it will give you some clarification on what you actually selected at the time of applying.

Comment

I'm in FL, too, but I HATE this state so much. I would really like Charlotte, NC. FL is THE worst state I've ever lived, and I've lived in some rough places growing up. There's a reason why this state gets made fun of on a daily basis.

I chose NE, because like Kris, I thought the other ports listed would be decent. I guess I should've done more research when it came to which ports new hires were being OFFERED. Also, I didn't want to work in the SWB.
                        I second the sheer loathing of this state and I'm a native, so I've been here long enough. The problem with Florida is its a melting pot for the rest of the country. Retirees winter here. It's got a constant flow of tourists because of the warm weather and beaches and while that is good for the economy, it makes it a very transient state. Plus, there are no real "driving habits" ergo, while I'll say there are a few places I've been that have worse drivers, ours are pretty bad.

Huge homeless population (due to the warm weather). Once you enter Miami-Dade county you should just consider it northern Cuba.

Cost of living is high. I'm within Palm Beach County and gas is still over $4/gallon. (Premium, not sure what regular is)

The school systems aren't fantastic. Plus, to top it all off, if I remember correctly, our convicted felon ratio was 10-1.

The perks? You can wear flip flops and shorts all year and the beach is within a reasonable driving distance to most places. I'll miss not being able to ride my motorcycle year round, but I can not wait to get out of this state!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                          It's all luck of the draw. Hiring demands change from month to month. And I can tell you first hand that most Maine ports have been understaffed for quite some time now.

And to Joyero I don't know how you can lose an NOR. It comes in an email. Try using the search function in your inbox, deleted section, spam folder or anywhere else it could have gone. Shouldn't be too hard to recover a lost email. If you find it at least it will give you some clarification on what you actually selected at the time of applying.
                          I must have printed the results, and deleted email. However I checked my old email account from AOL and I can find my 2010 NOR. To changing from central East to Southwest, to back to Central East that year. I have all the emails. I don't have the current one stating I selected northeast. Again, if I did select in error for some reason, I will try to see what can be done. If not I may not pick the offer and reapply in the next announcement which may be next month or next year, who knows. I will try to speak to a supervisor and see what can be done. I am 1000% sure this happens often and they need to be made aware of this.
                          NYPD Exam # 6093

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper_Pup View Post
                            I second the sheer loathing of this state and I'm a native, so I've been here long enough. The problem with Florida is its a melting pot for the rest of the country. Retirees winter here. It's got a constant flow of tourists because of the warm weather and beaches and while that is good for the economy, it makes it a very transient state. Plus, there are no real "driving habits" ergo, while I'll say there are a few places I've been that have worse drivers, ours are pretty bad.

Huge homeless population (due to the warm weather). Once you enter Miami-Dade county you should just consider it northern Cuba.

Cost of living is high. I'm within Palm Beach County and gas is still over $4/gallon. (Premium, not sure what regular is)

The school systems aren't fantastic. Plus, to top it all off, if I remember correctly, our convicted felon ratio was 10-1.

The perks? You can wear flip flops and shorts all year and the beach is within a reasonable driving distance to most places. I'll miss not being able to ride my motorcycle year round, but I can not wait to get out of this state!
                            Gladly will switch places with you and get out of the bitter cold northeast. Living near NYC isn't all that's cracked up to be. One of the most expensive places to live in the country and bitter cold winters.

Comment

So anyone aware of a free site where you can see if CBP pulled your credit report?
                              https://www.annualcreditreport.com You can check all three agencies and they don't even ask for a credit card.

CBPO 14-1
                              Geo: Southwest
                              Test: 06/12/2014
                              NOR: 07/14/2014
                              Referred: 07/22/2014
                              TSL: 08/01/2014 - GS07
                              Med/PFT1: 08/22/2014 (Pending/Passed)
                              VBT & SI: 09/16/2014 (Scheduled)
                              Polygraph: Not scheduled yet

Comment

I'm in FL, too, but I HATE this state so much. I would really like Charlotte, NC. FL is THE worst state I've ever lived, and I've lived in some rough places growing up. There's a reason why this state gets made fun of on a daily basis.

SWB that bad?...it's what I signed up for and I'm already in the area.

CBPO 14-1
                                Geo: Southwest
                                Test: 06/12/2014
                                NOR: 07/14/2014
                                Referred: 07/22/2014
                                TSL: 08/01/2014 - GS07
                                Med/PFT1: 08/22/2014 (Pending/Passed)
                                VBT & SI: 09/16/2014 (Scheduled)
                                Polygraph: Not scheduled yet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11471 users online. 410 members and 11061 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X