300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jackjohn714 View Post
    14-2 applicant here. Anyone else not receive a notification to schedule yet? I know scheduling starts today, so I'm wondering.
    14-2. Haven't received any notification yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
      Same here man...really hope that they offer better places!
      I'm from the nyc, they mention that I selected northeast. Which I didn't and can't find my NOR. I had central East coast back in 2012 when I had to turn my offer down due to medical reason. Now I reapplied and they claim I used North East. I was offered three ports in Maine, can remember names, Norton Vermont and Alexandria bay. All these places suck. Do you guys have any insights on any of them. At least Alex Bay? Like best place to live for a few years? Public transportation if any..
      NYPD Exam # 6093
      List #: 15xx
      Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (Passed)
      Mini Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (not sure yet)
      Meet with BI: ???
      Written psychological: Jan 12th 2010
      Oral psychological: Jan 14th 2010
      JST: Jan 11th 2010 (passed 2:39)

Comment

• I'd also like to know where I can check to see if my credit report has been checked.

Thanks

EDIT-Alexandria Bay seems like the best place out of the three. Maine isn't bad if you're willing to drive half an hour or so to work. There is a decent sized town near the port. I forget the name. Other than that, Champlain is offered, but I guess you didn't get lucky. There's a couple of colleges near Plattsburgh.
        Last edited by cur679; 08-28-2014, 09:32 PM.
        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
        02/28/14-TSL Received
        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
        07/01/14-VBT/SI
        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
          Sooo, after all said and done, turns out my region offered is in North... Anyone has insight on Norton, VT, or Maine ports? 24 hours to decide. Thx
          Norton is a small pretty isolated in the northeast kingdom in Vermont. Nothing in the area. Same if not more isolated with most of the Maine ports depending where they are. Very nice areas if you love the outdoors and quiet though.

Comment

Btw also Alexandria bay
            A bay definetely sees more action than most Maine and vt ports

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashlynn1220VT View Post
              A bay definetely sees more action than most Maine and vt ports
              That's what I've been told where I currently work. But coming from the city to a rural area such as Alex Bay it's tough. Especially with family relocating won't be an easy thought. It seems watertown is the best place to live, as it offers shopping and other essentials and only 25 miles out.
              NYPD Exam # 6093

Comment

• Originally posted by Fdriver View Post
                My region is Northeast as well. Just curious as to which places are being offered right now?
                Almost everyone in this area is being offered mostly Maine and vt. Which is great for me cause I live here and got the port I wanted. Only ten minutes from my house. Pretty lucky I guess. Just be prepared to have mostly small isolated ports to choose from in ne

Comment

That's what I've been told where I currently work. But coming from the city to a rural area such as Alex Bay it's tough. Especially with family relocating won't be an easy thought. It seems watertown is the best place to live, as it offers shopping and other essentials and only 25 miles out.
                  Yea if you're not used to rural then a bay will be the least culture shock...I am not familiar with that area but from reading stuff on here sounds like it has decent action. And Watertown is a decent area

Comment

• Yea I do not see me in any of these areas up north. I'm going g to fight their selection and pick something else, if not I will have to turn down the offer and reapply when the next announcement opens up. I can't see me relocating with my wife and two kids in this short notice as I did not want these locations to begin with. Hopefully it opens up a spot for anyone else on here. Can't believe there is nothing they can do to switch regions without having to reapply. It seems like wasted resources for them.
                    NYPD Exam # 6093

Comment

• Whoooa, Nelly. Odds are you won't get to choose another port, and I hope you don't reapply and choose the NE again, because you'll most likely be offered the same ports again, lol.
                      CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                      02/28/14-TSL Received
                      03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                      07/01/14-VBT/SI
                      07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashlynn1220VT View Post
                        Almost everyone in this area is being offered mostly Maine and vt. Which is great for me cause I live here and got the port I wanted. Only ten minutes from my house. Pretty lucky I guess. Just be prepared to have mostly small isolated ports to choose from in ne
                        I dont get it tho, Northeast Region consists of alot others places like Pittsburgh, alot of ports in NY, Rhode island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, etc...why are they just offering VT and Maine?? I'm assuming the other places have hiring needs too...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                          Thnx. What did you graduate with? And where are you in the process?
                          Graduated from John Jay College with my bachelors in criminal justice.

Took my med/fitness last week Wednesday. My vbt is on Tuesday.
                          Announcement: 14-1
                          Geo: Central East Coast
                          NOR: 07/14/14
                          TSL: 08/01/14
                          eQip: 08/08/14
                          PFT1: 08/20/14
                          MED: 08/20/14
                          VBT & STI: 09/02/14
                          Poly:
                          BI:
                          Drug test:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                            I dont get it tho, Northeast Region consists of alot others places like Pittsburgh, alot of ports in NY, Rhode island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, etc...why are they just offering VT and Maine?? I'm assuming the other places have hiring needs too...
                            Those states may not need any officers. That's just a guess.
                            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                            02/28/14-TSL Received
                            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                            07/01/14-VBT/SI
                            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

Yea I do not see me in any of these areas up north. I'm going g to fight their selection and pick something else, if not I will have to turn down the offer and reapply when the next announcement opens up. I can't see me relocating with my wife and two kids in this short notice as I did not want these locations to begin with. Hopefully it opens up a spot for anyone else on here. Can't believe there is nothing they can do to switch regions without having to reapply. It seems like wasted resources for them.
                              yeah I feel you there man, I don't have a family but I'm from Florida and I can't see my self up there either, I really regret applying to the Northeast, if there was the only someway you can switch regions without having to reapply. what if you you deny the offer and reapply in a future announcement you would have to do the entire process again? it kinda doesn't make sense going through all that again if you have your background on file and everything.

Comment

• So anyone aware of a free site where you can see if CBP pulled your credit report?
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10034 users online. 395 members and 9639 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X