300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
    How are the 14x applicants processing so fast? It seems like all of them are, no matter how high or low they scored. If they get their poly date before me, I'm going to enter the danger zone, like from Archer.
    Lol I've been in the danger zone for some time now. They don't care unfortunately.
    Geo - Central East Coast
    CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
    NOR - 10/24/2013
    TSL - 1/30/2014
    VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
    PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
    VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
    eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• I have my pft 1 test tomorrow and am just doing a dry run at home.

Does anyone know the length between the lines for the side step test? The length from center line to outside line?

Comment

• From miami, fl. Geo: south west, 14-1. Just got the email today for my vbt For sept. 19th

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
          Lol I've been in the danger zone for some time now. They don't care unfortunately.
          Did you ever hear anything about your medical?
          Geo- Florida
          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
          NOR- 98 10/25/13
          Qual- GS 7
          TSL- 2/28/14
          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
            I think they are trying to weed out applicants as fast as possible now as opposed to doing the Poly/BI last.
            I see your medical finally cleared!!! How long did it take after you submitted more documents for review, if you had to submit more stuff? I am at week 3 of 6-8(possibly longer) as the the email I received stated. Just hoping it doesn't take the 8 weeks or possibly more to finally clear my medical.
            Geo- Florida
            CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
            NOR- 98 10/25/13
            Qual- GS 7
            TSL- 2/28/14
            PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
            VBT/SI- 5/9/14
            VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14

Comment

• Did anyone receive notice for VBT that will be testing out of Philly? I have to believe the scheduling is done according to availability at the testing site.

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                Did you ever hear anything about your medical?
                I wrote them a second time and finally received an answer. Unfortunately they notified me the next day wanting me to clear up a medical issue. I'm in the process of sending them the required info. How are things on your end?
                Geo - Central East Coast
                CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                NOR - 10/24/2013
                TSL - 1/30/2014
                VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• I'm glad to see my fellow 14-1 applicants moving quickly through this process. Ignore the salty comments that have been posted recently. Let's keep it moving and leave others in the dust.
                  CBPO

14-1
                  Geo: SWB
                  CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
                  NOR: 07/14/14
                  TSL: 08/01/14
                  Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
                  BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
                  Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
                  VBT / SI : 09/17/14
                  Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
                  Poly 1: 11/13/14
                  Poly 2: 12/30/14

BPA

15-1
                  Geo: Arizona
                  BPA Exam: 12/16/14

Comment

I wrote them a second time and finally received an answer. Unfortunately they notified me the next day wanting me to clear up a medical issue. I'm in the process of sending them the required info. How are things on your end?
                    Just curious as to what kind of medical "issues" can pop up?

Are they going to want medical records from a broken bone from 10 years ago? Or anything to do with contacts?

Aside from those two mines pretty much a straight "no" to the questions on the medical paperwork. Any ideas? I could go hunt down my ortho surgeon if he's even still practicing I guess....

Feel free to PM me. I'm a Florida applicant as well, have my VBT in Miami...

Comment

• Originally posted by jaybous View Post
                      Does anyone know if CBP has a tattoo policy? Just curious.. Whether only a percentage of the exposed body part can have a tattoo covering or will you be required to wear long sleeves. I'm sleeved out on my right arm. When I was in the military, I had to wear long sleeves when in uniform. Later on I worked at the VA and now HUD which dont don't have a tattoo policy so I'm able to wear short sleeves.

Must be concealed if obscene, racially motivated, or gang-related.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arroz con pollo View Post
                        I'm glad to see my fellow 14-1 applicants moving quickly through this process. Ignore the salty comments that have been posted recently. Let's keep it moving and leave others in the dust.
                        Good luck with that! You will realize this is the federal government that you are dealing with soon enough!! This isn't 13 applicants against 14 applicants. We all are after the same thing and this whole process can be very frustrating at times.
                        Geo- Florida
                        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                        NOR- 98 10/25/13
                        Qual- GS 7
                        TSL- 2/28/14
                        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14

Comment

I did everything they asked, I faxed and mailed all the documents and received an email that the review process could take 6-8(possibly longer). So I am just continuing to wait it out.
                          Geo- Florida
                          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                          NOR- 98 10/25/13
                          Qual- GS 7
                          TSL- 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO Applicant View Post
                            Here's my timeline so far:

Geo Midwest
                            10/18/2013 Written test
                            10/28/2013 NOR
                            1/8/2014 Medical / Fitness - Passed
                            2/14/2014 e-QIP submitted
                            2/18/2014 VBT/SI - Passed
                            5/5/2014 Passed qualifications / GS 7 eligible
                            6/13/2014 Polygraph - Passed
                            6/27/2014 Met the investigator
                            7/16/2014 Met the investigator again
                            8/25/2014 Scheduled drug test
                            Congrats!!! Hopefully you EOD and Fletc same as Me!!!
                            Geo: West Coast
                            Applied: 7-1-13
                            Tested: 8-3-13
                            NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                            Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                            Medical: 12-30-13
                            Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                            VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                            Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                            Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                            Background finished: 6-10-14
                            Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                            Drug Test: 8-13-14
                            The Call: 08-20-14
                            PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                            EOD: 9-22-2014
                            Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                              I see your medical finally cleared!!! How long did it take after you submitted more documents for review, if you had to submit more stuff? I am at week 3 of 6-8(possibly longer) as the the email I received stated. Just hoping it doesn't take the 8 weeks or possibly more to finally clear my medical.
                              Hey bud, yes finally!!! It was a long and painful road but finally on to the next step. I only submitted my med-review docs once and that was on 4/17/14. So, med review took a total of about 18 weeks for me. It's been about 8 months since I actually did my medical exam. I hope they clear up their staffing deficiencies moving forward. Keep your eyes peeled, I am sure you are right around the corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper_Pup View Post
                                Just curious as to what kind of medical "issues" can pop up?

Are they going to want medical records from a broken bone from 10 years ago? Or anything to do with contacts?

Aside from those two mines pretty much a straight "no" to the questions on the medical paperwork. Any ideas? I could go hunt down my ortho surgeon if he's even still practicing I guess....

Feel free to PM me. I'm a Florida applicant as well, have my VBT in Miami...
                                No you shouldn't have to worry about that kind of thing. It would be mainly for the things that you took while at the actual medical exam. For instance, the color vision test. I am color blind and have to take an alternative version of the color vision test. I knew ahead of time that I was going to have to take that alternative version as I am a BP agent and had to do so for them. So in my case I called MHC to see which providers they used for that alternative version and went and took that test before my actual medical exam. So now when I do the exam and fail the color portion I will already have paperwork for the alternative version. And your contacts shouldn't be a problem either so long as they are corrected enough to meet the standards. But things like high blood pressure, failed eye exams or any diabetes will have to be further reviewed and probably need more documentation. Hope that makes sense. But I wouldn't worry about any broken bones. I have had plenty of those and BP never needed anything extra for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8785 users online. 420 members and 8365 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X