Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious if anyone has a number to a person. I got a letter that stated in the application process that I said I was married or living with an illegal alien, along with some other stuff. I need to get this straightened out, as none of that is true, and I know I didn't put that in the application process.

I was on vacation when the letter came in, and my response was supposed to be in tomorrow, but I know that won't happen, so I need to talk to someone about the situation.

Comment

• does anyone have the number that I can call to get more accurate information then what CASS has to offer?
      Better to die than live a coward.

"An unarmed man is a subject, an armed man is a citizen" Thomas Paine

Comment

• Originally posted by LingerLonger View Post
        does anyone have the number that I can call to get more accurate information then what CASS has to offer?
        612-467-7040

You'll need your application ID and the last four of your SS#.

I never used the phone hotline because I liked using the online one. This morning I eagerly checked CASS hoping that my pre-employment forms and fit test were updated (I sent in the forms last Monday and passed the fit test on Wednesday). Of course it wasn't updated at all. So tonight I decided to give it a whirl. Sure enough, the hotline says those two things are completed! Come oooooon VBT!
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Dumb question I'm sure but where is the application ID?

Comment

• Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
            Dumb question I'm sure but where is the application ID?
            You may have made copies of your official TO letter, it is there on the top right below the header info.

Also, if you log into CASS, it will show it at the top (CBPO- XXXXXX).

EDIT: It occurred to me that I dunno if everyone's app ID is six digits. So nevermind on that.

Comment

• Yeah, I tried the number on CASS and it didn't work. I don't have my paperwork with me now so I'll have to try later. Thanks

Comment

Yeah, I tried the number on CASS and it didn't work. I don't have my paperwork with me now so I'll have to try later. Thanks
                Really? I'd try again, the number has to be the right one, lest you have someone else's application ID!

It should match up in two places on the CASS webpage. The first part on the top in blue writing. The second place where it's listed is right above the checklist. Re-check and try it again, and make sure you have your SS# right too. If that doesn't work, I'd say there's a snafu.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  ***Disclaimer***I am not involved with hiring. The following is what I'm lead to be true.***Disclaimer***

More like:
                  1. I have to wait for a vacancy in my geo to open up.

2. If one does happen to open, the port notifies their service port, who notifies their OFO, who in turn notifies DC.

3. DC decides how many training slots to give out to a particular OFO, who then decides on how they'll hand out training slots to their service ports, who then decides which ports are getting training slots from them. The service ports and OFO's decide on what spots they want funded and in what order and then it's all shipped back to DC.

4. DC asks TSU to draw forth 'X' numbers of applicants for whichever ports are ultimately decided upon, roughly in the order requested....usually it's easier/more efficent to draw people in bundles for the larger ports, so often you'll see clusters of applicants in the same class going to the same port. TSU then starts to call on folks...and if you happen to be at the head of the line when they call...you're in.

And no...it's not really all that predictable and there's no real way to find out where you sit in the process.

Check out:

http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/la/

Those are the Louisiana ports.

And:

http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/conta...s/cmc_gulf.xml

Those are all the ports within the NO/OFO.
                  Really intricate stuff. Thanks Merlin and Hound77.

So Merlin, my geo is new orleans, la. Do my choices come from the louisiana ports or the NO/OFO list?
                  "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

Yeah, I tried the number on CASS and it didn't work. I don't have my paperwork with me now so I'll have to try later. Thanks
                    thats because the number on the cass website is for ICE applicants...not CBPO
                    Better to die than live a coward.

"An unarmed man is a subject, an armed man is a citizen" Thomas Paine

Comment

• Originally posted by LingerLonger View Post
                      thats because the number on the cass website is for ICE applicants...not CBPO
                      Thats good to hear, I was starting to worry just a little...

Comment

Thats good to hear, I was starting to worry just a little...
                        OH. My bad, I thought you were having trouble still finding the Application ID number. The CASS hotline number for CBPOs is posted up this page a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                          Really intricate stuff. Thanks Merlin and Hound77.

So Merlin, my geo is new orleans, la. Do my choices come from the louisiana ports or the NO/OFO list?

That'll depend on your geo choice on the announcement. Do you remember what that was?

I'm guessing here that it was for LA. That more or less limits you to the 6 or so ports in LA and I believe all fall under the NO service port. NO/OFO covers the NO service port, along with several others.

Geo preferences are really a seperate creation mostly to do with hiring and have little or nothing to do with how things are run apart in 'the real world'.

Comment

• Applicants...

Think of TSU as a giant Pepsi machine. On the front of the machine are buttons, these buttons are your geo preferences. Applicants get loaded into cans and dropped into the slots that correspond the the geo buttons on the front of the machine. There you sit for a while, not knowing how many cans are in front of you, behind you or even if you're moving, until someone in TSU comes along and hits the button the time that causes you to drop into the daylight.

Some slots have quite a few cans lined up inside them, and some buttons hardly ever get pushed.

Comment

Applicants...

Think of TSU as a giant Pepsi machine. On the front of the machine are buttons, these buttons are your geo preferences. Applicants get loaded into cans and dropped into the slots that correspond the the geo buttons on the front of the machine. There you sit for a while, not knowing how many cans are in front of you, behind you or even if you're moving, until someone in TSU comes along and hits the button the time that causes you to drop into the daylight.

Some slots have quite a few cans lined up inside them, and some buttons hardly ever get pushed.
                              Nice... I like that..

Comment

Applicants...

yea I liked that too.

So I guess that means the reason why I got a TO in the first place was because I'm the diet mountain dew and they probably just needed to fill up the diet mountain dew slots in the machine...
                                "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5327 users online. 374 members and 4953 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X