Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been reading the forum since I first applied in May (14-1) and it's been really helpful during the process. I'm in FL but my Geo is central east coast, I'm scheduled for my medical/pft1 next Wednesday 08/28 but still haven't received nothing for the bvt/si, i wonder if I'm supposed to call myself for the appointment or they will contact me? And something else is I've no prior LEO or federal job, I'm a first time applicant and sent my e-quip and my fingerprint cards on time but my CASS still says Pending on the forms and the background and then it says they have not received them. Should I call the case mgr. Or is this the normal process, thank you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by 305CC View Post
      I've been reading the forum since I first applied in May (14-1) and it's been really helpful during the process. I'm in FL but my Geo is central east coast, I'm scheduled for my medical/pft1 next Wednesday 08/28 but still haven't received nothing for the bvt/si, i wonder if I'm supposed to call myself for the appointment or they will contact me? And something else is I've no prior LEO or federal job, I'm a first time applicant and sent my e-quip and my fingerprint cards on time but my CASS still says Pending on the forms and the background and then it says they have not received them. Should I call the case mgr. Or is this the normal process, thank you guys.
      I'm in the same boat as you..

Comment

• Originally posted by 305CC View Post
        I've been reading the forum since I first applied in May (14-1) and it's been really helpful during the process. I'm in FL but my Geo is central east coast, I'm scheduled for my medical/pft1 next Wednesday 08/28 but still haven't received nothing for the bvt/si, i wonder if I'm supposed to call myself for the appointment or they will contact me? And something else is I've no prior LEO or federal job, I'm a first time applicant and sent my e-quip and my fingerprint cards on time but my CASS still says Pending on the forms and the background and then it says they have not received them. Should I call the case mgr. Or is this the normal process, thank you guys.
        I am in the same exact boat. Be patient. As far as the process is going for 14-1, it still takes time and even though some are getting the VBT appointment, others haven't. I live in FL as well, submitted the e-qip and print cards and it still shows pending. I also have my Med/Physical scheduled for next week (08/29). It will come.

Comment

• Thank you for the response, I just started getting anxious and wanted to compare. Hope we all get it soon.

Comment

• Just want to stress patience to y'all. Initially it may seem like everything is going quick, just know it can move at a snails pace after that. My experience seems that it moves quicker for regions where they indicated a critical need during the announcement. Anyway here's my timeline to give you an idea of the possible ebb's and flows of the process. Also note the huge gaps between the VBT/SI & eQip, then the huge one from eQip to Poly, and then first poly results to second. Thankfully didn't have to go through another full BI.

Announcement: 11-2
            Geo:Southwest
            NOR: 08/30/11
            TSL: 11/14/11
            e-qip: 12/14/11
            PFT1 & Med: 12/15/11 failed
            BI: 03/26/12
            03/12 *removed from selection

Announcement: 12-1
            Geo: West Coast
            NOR: 04/02/12
            TSL: 02/25/13
            PFT1: 04/12/13
            MED: 07/23/13 (07/16/14 (back to pending) *received med self cert
            VBT & STI: 05/08/13
            eQip: 08/01/13
            Poly: 04/18/14 (inconclusive) & 07/10/14 (pass)
            BI: 07/15/14
            Drug test: 07/17/14

Submitted my requested medical paperwork last week and hoping to be cleared within the next couple weeks then finally transferred to scheduling. By the way MHC advised, persons with security clearance completed (BI / Poly) are prioritized with the medical review team versus applicants that do not have it. Good luck to all!
            Last edited by commandostyle; 08-22-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Does anybody have a direct number to MHC because I emailed them twice about my concerns about the finger print cards but I haven't received a response yet I'm just a little worried because I'm noticing a lot of 14-1 already has received their finger prints cards already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spade1 View Post
                Does anybody have a direct number to MHC because I emailed them twice about my concerns about the finger print cards but I haven't received a response yet I'm just a little worried because I'm noticing a lot of 14-1 already has received their finger prints cards already.

Refer to my post and call the MHC rep who is assigned to you
                Applied: 7-1-13
                Tested: 8-3-13
                NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                Medical: 12-30-13
                Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                Background finished: 6-10-14
                Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                Drug Test: 8-13-14
                The Call: 08-20-14
                PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                EOD: 9-22-2014
                Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• Commando...Hopefully your call comes sooner than a few weeks!
                  Applied: 7-1-13
                  Tested: 8-3-13
                  NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                  Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                  Medical: 12-30-13
                  Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                  VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                  Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                  Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                  Background finished: 6-10-14
                  Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                  Drug Test: 8-13-14
                  The Call: 08-20-14
                  PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                  EOD: 9-22-2014
                  Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
                    Commando...Hopefully your call comes sooner than a few weeks!
                    Thanks man! Hoping to run that PFT w/ ya or at least same FLETC class. Be good to know someone beforehand

Comment

• Hey Commando,

I see you took the poly twice, and significantly spread apart. How long did it take you to receive notice of your second poly? I had an inconclusive test in mid-June and I'm awaiting a response.

Comment

• i just took my pft1 and passed now have VBT on September 8th.

Comment

• Originally posted by adgator87 View Post
                          Hey Commando,

I see you took the poly twice, and significantly spread apart. How long did it take you to receive notice of your second poly? I had an inconclusive test in mid-June and I'm awaiting a response.
                          I would push your BI rep. I followed up with him once or twice a week after a month. Also questioned other departments to find out who I needed to speak to then they would forward my request to BI. And finally after about another month I got a call from a new poly examiner.
                          Who was shocked with how long my case took to get to his desk and couldn't explain why though.

Keep pushing man. At least your initial examiner advised you it was inconclusive, mine did not. Found out in the 2nd one.

Comment

• Originally posted by commandostyle View Post
                            I would push your BI rep. I followed up with him once or twice a week after a month. Also questioned other departments to find out who I needed to speak to then they would forward my request to BI. And finally after about another month I got a call from a new poly examiner.
                            Who was shocked with how long my case took to get to his desk and couldn't explain why though.

Keep pushing man. At least your initial examiner advised you it was inconclusive, mine did not. Found out in the 2nd one.
                            I wish he had told me too. He was very passive about it, no definitive answer. I only found out about the result after calling IA polygraph multiple times, and finally received a call about 2 weeks ago.

Thank you for the advice, I am going to look for the right people to call.

Comment

• I submitted my equip on July 18, and still no poly date. Maaaaaan, this is frustrating.
                              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                              02/28/14-TSL Received
                              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                              07/01/14-VBT/SI
                              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                                I submitted my equip on July 18, and still no poly date. Maaaaaan, this is frustrating.
                                Took me 4 months to get my poly date.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7799 users online. 190 members and 7609 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X