Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For those that have EOD did they specify on the last email with the contact info what to wear during those days before the academy?

    Or what almost everyone used during EOD.
    Button short sleeves or polo shirts.

    Thanks.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fdriver View Post
      Ocsk8er03, is your PM working? I have a few questions for you regarding Maine locations.
      Not sure how to turn on PM? But you can txt me at 207-498-9090.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
        For those that have EOD did they specify on the last email with the contact info what to wear during those days before the academy?

        Or what almost everyone used during EOD.
        Button short sleeves or polo shirts.

        Thanks.
        I was planning on wearing a suit. Up until I received a PM from a fellow member. He stated he was told that a suit is not necessary. Long sleeve shirt with slacks is suitable. Polo's are also ok.

        I'm planning on wearing long sleeve shirts until I'm given the ok to wear short sleeve shirts. I'm not big on the polo's, so I may just stick to button up/down shirts for now.

        Comment


        • Does anyone know if CBP has a tattoo policy? Just curious.. Whether only a percentage of the exposed body part can have a tattoo covering or will you be required to wear long sleeves. I'm sleeved out on my right arm. When I was in the military, I had to wear long sleeves when in uniform. Later on I worked at the VA and now HUD which dont don't have a tattoo policy so I'm able to wear short sleeves.
          May you meet upon the level and part upon the square
          USPIS

          Applied:
          01/28/2019
          Exam Part 1 Passed: 01/28/2019
          eCAP Submitted: 01/29/2019
          Info Exchange: ?


          CBPO, GEO: Midwest

          Applied on: 05/05/14
          CBPO Exam: 6/12/14
          NOR:7/14/14=score 86 (with VET preference)
          TSL: 8/1/14
          EQIP/FINGERPRINTS- 8/14/14
          MED/PFT1: 8/29/14
          VBT/SI: 09/19/14
          POLY: 11/03/14
          BI: Passed Feb 2015
          EOD: Turned down the offer due to an undesired location

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Memo35 View Post
            I was planning on wearing a suit. Up until I received a PM from a fellow member. He stated he was told that a suit is not necessary. Long sleeve shirt with slacks is suitable. Polo's are also ok.

            I'm planning on wearing long sleeve shirts until I'm given the ok to wear short sleeve shirts. I'm not big on the polo's, so I may just stick to button up/down shirts for now.
            If it were me I would wear a suit. Though it is not necessary there are still a lot of guys that look at that kind of thing. When we do hiring boards for BP a lot of guys like to choose who gets to interview first based on what they are wearing and how early they showed up. You don't want to be that guy that gets a talking to about your appearance on your first day. With a suit you can't go wrong but with a button down or polo you leave a little gray area. Your gonna see a lot of instructors during EOD and they all like to do things differently, and they all have their own pet peeves.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
              If it were me I would wear a suit. Though it is not necessary there are still a lot of guys that look at that kind of thing. When we do hiring boards for BP a lot of guys like to choose who gets to interview first based on what they are wearing and how early they showed up. You don't want to be that guy that gets a talking to about your appearance on your first day. With a suit you can't go wrong but with a button down or polo you leave a little gray area. Your gonna see a lot of instructors during EOD and they all like to do things differently, and they all have their own pet peeves.
              I completely understand your comment. However, I made a call to my contact person at my EOD, and was told that they prefer new hires to enter dressed comfortably. She mentioned that practicality is more important than impressing them with a suit. She specifically mentioned that she is telling us (about 7 of us, I believe) that slacks and a dress shirt is more than enough. We're there to complete paperwork and orientation, and not to interview or try to impress our superiors with our wardrobe.

              Thanks for your input, though.

              Comment


              • Failed the PFT1 not long ago, maxed out all other areas, but failed the step test. I really bulked up too much.

                I dropped twenty pounds the last couple of months, and passed everything perfectly this morning....though they had to shave my chest to get a usable EKG results. My trick for the step test, lean forward and don't step all the way up, keep your body at the same level and just move your feet. It strains your thighs a bit more, but doing the full five minutes was much easier than stepping all the way up.

                Luckily my interview and VBT were passed before on the last announcement, I already have a security clearance so the background paperwork should go through quickly as well, I didn't even have to fill most of it out since it was already on file.

                I'm hoping this goes through nice and quick from now on.

                Comment


                • Hey brother is your pm on? This is to jaybous.

                  Comment


                  • i currently applied to the 14-2 announcement. i have a couple of questions to anyone who has any experience. This is my second time applying for CBPO. I applied the first time in 2011 and went through the whole process until i failed the polygraph in feb of 2014. i would like to know if after i take my written test for 14-2 if my previous Vbt-SI, Baclground, Fitness ect. will still be valid? Thanks in advance for anyone who responds and Good Luck.

                    Comment


                    • Your info will still be online for the sf86 but everything else will have to be done over...including the vbt. Anybody else know anything different than that?
                      Geo: West Coast
                      Applied: 7-1-13
                      Tested: 8-3-13
                      NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                      Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                      Medical: 12-30-13
                      Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                      VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                      Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                      Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                      Background finished: 6-10-14
                      Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                      Drug Test: 8-13-14
                      The Call: 08-20-14
                      PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                      EOD: 9-22-2014
                      Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Memo35 View Post
                        I completely understand your comment. However, I made a call to my contact person at my EOD, and was told that they prefer new hires to enter dressed comfortably. She mentioned that practicality is more important than impressing them with a suit. She specifically mentioned that she is telling us (about 7 of us, I believe) that slacks and a dress shirt is more than enough. We're there to complete paperwork and orientation, and not to interview or try to impress our superiors with our wardrobe.

                        Thanks for your input, though.
                        Nice. Well that's good to know. Amazing how things change so much over time.

                        Comment


                        • hey guys any idea when was the last time they offered San Diego, San Ysidro, Otay Mesa ? I checked the forums and I think the last time it was offered was in 2013? Do you know if they are already offering it ? I know from this thread they are offering LAX but that is still too far for me

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Officer7140 View Post
                            Update for my fellow 14-1 applicants. I just received an email for my VBT in ny for September 8th. Im already scheduled for PFT1 on August 29th. My geo is Central East coast. Has anyone else heard anything?
                            My geo is central east coast VBT sept. 9th and August 29 is the pft-1.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jerry61909 View Post
                              hey guys any idea when was the last time they offered San Diego, San Ysidro, Otay Mesa ? I checked the forums and I think the last time it was offered was in 2013? Do you know if they are already offering it ? I know from this thread they are offering LAX but that is still too far for me
                              LAX is West Coast. All the other ones you identified, including San Diego, are technically Southwest Border. So you'll be fine; they need people there.
                              Geo: West Coast
                              CBPO Exam: June 2014
                              NOR: July 2014
                              TSL: August 2014
                              eQIP Sent: August 2014
                              Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                              VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                              Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

                              Comment


                              • Any 14-1 West Coast applicants have there VBT/SI scheduled? If so, how did they contact you?
                                Geo: West Coast
                                CBPO Exam: June 2014
                                NOR: July 2014
                                TSL: August 2014
                                eQIP Sent: August 2014
                                Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                                VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                                Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9971 users online. 475 members and 9496 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X