300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double post sorry
    Last edited by hopefulprobie; 08-19-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Double post
      Last edited by equalsword; 08-19-2014, 01:58 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
        I recieved mine last week, but cant sign up for the test until the 28th. So hang in there and keep checking your email(junk and spam mail too).
        Miracle do you think its possible you got your email first based off of your election of duty station?

I mean I'm trying out for south east region and I am guessing you may be going for southwest and border

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
          The first time I thought I was gonna fail, cause the guy took all day and kept talking to me like I was a dirt bag. So when all was said and done he said inconclusive and rescheduled me (after an awesome 8 hour day). The next Poly was much different, the guy was nicer to me and in general the feeling was much different. He asked me a few of the same questions as before, and when he saw that I was still answering all the questions the exact same as the previous interview, he said that we were done and he was recommending that I pass. This interview only took about 3 or 4 hours and was much better of an experience. Im sure when the guy sees that you are staying consistent with your answers you will be all good. Good Luck!
          Awesome man, thanks for the response. In my situation, she was showed me the rise i had everytime she asked me this perticular question(about crime). But i let her know that i told absolutely evrything that could possibly trigger and even after that , it continued to rise alittle more than the others. I continued to let her know that i literally had nothing else, she seemed to believe me but looked like she couldnt fight the rise. So im just hoping it goes different this time (God willing)!!

Did your polygrapher show you your display?
          Geo Central East Coast
          10/26/13 Took the test
          11/06/13 Passed Written test
          03/31/14 Received TSL
          04/09/14 Did medical and fitness test
          06/05/14 Did the VBT& SI interview
          06/13/14 Received BI paperwork
          07/10/14 Polygraph Test (inclonclusive) part 2 08/22/2014

Comment

• I doubt it because re-gaurdless of location the test dates are the same, but im not 100% sure. I also know from previous experiance that you'll get an email rather your eligible or ineligible to test.

Originally posted by hopefulprobie View Post
            Miracle do you think its possible you got your email first based off of your election of duty station?

I mean I'm trying out for south east region and I am guessing you may be going for southwest and border

Comment

• First off I would like to say that I am very impressed on how fast this process is going. I have my medical and physical test next week at the same location and day at a facility about 20 minutes where I live and have my structured interview the beginning of September about 30 minutes where I live. Anyone who has gone through the entire process have any advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by NMPD128 View Post
                It was the crime thing for me too! "I am not a Crook" No display, just some cheesy wheel of badness. Sounds like you experienced all the same things as me. You'll be fine, even if they think you're an extorting murderous robber.

Originally posted by equalsword View Post
                Anyone who has gone through the entire process have any advice?
                You guys can check out my timeline, I thought we went fast through the process back on 13-1, but you 14-1 folks are haulin @$$. The best advise I can give is be immediate and on point when they ask for something. Background investigator calls and says when can you meet, drop whatever you're doing and meet them ASAP. If they call and say I need a good number for your past employer...get it for them right away and call text or email it to them.

With regards to adjudication, I had to wait longer than most because I had a traffic ticket that I was waiting to clear through the courts. Moral of the story, any open cases will put a hold on the process for you and you wont be hire-able until after the case is closed. But, I responded immediately to all of the adjudicator's requests; I mean I replied to the emails within a matter of minutes (They come on my phone, so I replied with the needed information). My thought is, they may only have your info on their desk for a matter of moments, till someone else's gets tossed on the pile. You don't want them to forget about you.

Finally when you are doing the interview you are given an opportunity to shine. Stay calm and before you go to the interview, stand infront of a mirror and talk to yourself, rollplay. Sure it seems crazy but it will help you incredibly. First...Roll play that you are an upset traveler, bad guy, whatever...then respond to yourself. Example would be like, Traveler "I hate this country", CBPO "I'm sorry you feel that way." (NOTE: This is completely a made up example, this is not in anyway a scenario or information being wrongfully revealed to you by me). After you have practiced talking to random people, then practice your interview with real people. Try and imagine, if I was gonna hire this guy to be my partner, what would I wanna know, how would I want them to respond, etc. Then practice thinking of questions they might ask, and how you will respond. This should set you up for success. Practice Practice Practice.

Finally, when you are at the point where I finally am...try your best to be patient, cause honestly I am going CRAZY waiting for "The Call" to come. Jade knows what I'm talkin bout.
                Geo: West Coast
                Applied: 7-1-13
                Tested: 8-3-13
                NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                Medical: 12-30-13
                Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                Background finished: 6-10-14
                Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                Drug Test: 8-13-14
                The Call: 08-20-14
                PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                EOD: 9-22-2014
                Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• How long does it take to get a polygraph from the time you turn in your e-qip? When I log on cass, it says background investigation in security office.
                  Last edited by jcsd619; 08-19-2014, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NMPD128 View Post
                    Awesome man, thanks for the response. In my situation, she was showed me the rise i had everytime she asked me this perticular question(about crime). But i let her know that i told absolutely evrything that could possibly trigger and even after that , it continued to rise alittle more than the others. I continued to let her know that i literally had nothing else, she seemed to believe me but looked like she couldnt fight the rise. So im just hoping it goes different this time (God willing)!!

I had never heard of that but best of luck to you NMPD128!! You got this! I'm just about in the same spot you are, I just finished taking my poly. Hopefully the rest goes by fast.

Comment

• So I been looking at info in this thread for a few weeks now but decided to join in now. So I'm part of the 14-1 group from miami, fl and I'm happy to say I just PASSED my medical/Pft1 today. I'm pretty excited on how fast things have been moving along. Good luck to everyone with the Pft1 coming up. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Oh one more thing. Even though there was a posting saying the Pft1 step test was replaced by the 1.5m run, it wasn't. I had to do the step test today.

Comment

• @ Alexb6237

Welcome to the forum. It's good to have another 14-1 applicant from MIA. I'm scheduled to take my Medical / PFT1 on Thursday at the Airport Medical Clinic. Do they draw blood as part of the medical exam? Were they strict during the fitness portion? Any insight that you can provide would be very helpful.
                        CBPO

14-1
                        Geo: SWB
                        CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
                        NOR: 07/14/14
                        TSL: 08/01/14
                        Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
                        BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
                        Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
                        VBT / SI : 09/17/14
                        Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
                        Poly 1: 11/13/14
                        Poly 2: 12/30/14

BPA

15-1
                        Geo: Arizona
                        BPA Exam: 12/16/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Arroz con pollo View Post
                          @ Alexb6237

Welcome to the forum. It's good to have another 14-1 applicant from MIA. I'm scheduled to take my Medical / PFT1 on Thursday at the Airport Medical Clinic. Do they draw blood as part of the medical exam? Were they strict during the fitness portion? Any insight that you can provide would be very helpful.
                          Anyone that is worried about the pft1, don't stress it! It's a piece of cake even if you are in average shape. The test is not given to you by any federal employees, it is done at a local third party facility. The instructor just puts in the cd and hits play. It is probably their first time hearing the cd too. My instructor was very helpful and motivational. Always made sure I understood all the rules and pushed me to do as many push ups and sit ups as I could. Remember, they don't know how many you need to pass. On the step test he would always make sure I stayed with the cadence and if he saw me slowing down, he would make sure I kept with pace. Only problem I had, was the instructor didn't know that the center lined counted as a line touch, so I ended up with a lower number on that test. Still had plenty enough to pass even though he only counted the outside lines. I wasn't sure of the rule either, so I really didn't say anything. Also they don't draw blood for the medical test.
                          Geo- Florida
                          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                          NOR- 98 10/25/13
                          Qual- GS 7
                          TSL- 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO Applicant '13 View Post
                            I had never heard of that but best of luck to you NMPD128!! You got this! I'm just about in the same spot you are, I just finished taking my poly. Hopefully the rest goes by fast.
                            Thanks alot for the support! Im guessing you just took it and passed it recently?
                            Geo Central East Coast
                            10/26/13 Took the test
                            03/31/14 Received TSL

Comment

• [QUOTE=USCG LEME;3510873]It was the crime thing for me too! "I am not a Crook" No display, just some cheesy wheel of badness. Sounds like you experienced all the same things as me. You'll be fine, even if they think you're an extorting murderous robber.

Oh ok, that makes me feel even much better!! I'll leave it in God's hands and do my part!!
                              Geo Central East Coast
                              10/26/13 Took the test
                              03/31/14 Received TSL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                                Yes there is WIFI. Last time I was there they had different pay options based on how long you would be there. I believe there is a 5 day option and a 30 day option and maybe one more but can't remember. I want to say I payed for the 30 day options for something like 29 bucks.
                                Thanks

Originally posted by nojustice View Post
                                there is a 3 month option for 99.00 as well. Each barracks have the option to Purchase PER device. So if you put on laptop it wont work on phone.
                                Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7399 users online. 408 members and 6991 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X