Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by yoda View Post
    Hey Will.....
    Guess what? I got the letter telling me I had to do my medical and fitness again
    This is freaking awesome, I'll probably end up going to the same place they came up with that I had hearing loss (when I could hear cars driving by on the road outside the office with headphones on), and that I had no depth perception ( when an eye doctor said I had better than average)...
    My letter said medical and fitness also. When I e-mailed to see about a waiver, they said I only needed to redo my fitness test which expired on 09/21. My medical cleared several months after that. I would call and double check since, most of the time the fitness test clears months before the medical does. So, you probably have a few more months before you have to redo the medical exam. But at least there is a chance to get a waiver, or maybe you'll get hired before it becomes an issue.

    In my case my medical clearance was delayed since the doctor forgot to send in my letter. (I was almost Dq'd at that point, since MHC didn't receive a clearance letter. )

    On a side note, disregard any time frame they give you for the NOPA to be resolved. It took me about 6 weeks to get looked at and passed on to the next step. I was told 2-6 weeks to get final approval, but it's been about 8 weeks so far. And no end in sight. 20 months and counting......... But hey at least I'm still being processed through the system. Albeit as fast as a glacier.

    In my case my medical clearance was delayed since the doctor forgot to send in my letter. (I was almost Dq'd at that point, since MHC didn't receive a clearance letter. )
    ICE IEA

    May 08 Written Test
    Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
    March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
    July 09 Oral Board
    Background Started 11/16/09

    EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
    Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

    Comment


    • Originally posted by will0861 View Post
      My letter said medical and fitness also. When I e-mailed to see about a waiver, they said I only needed to redo my fitness test which expired on 09/21. My medical cleared several months after that. I would call and double check since, most of the time the fitness test clears months before the medical does. So, you probably have a few more months before you have to redo the medical exam. But at least there is a chance to get a waiver, or maybe you'll get hired before it becomes an issue.
      Is it possible that they do the medical and physical at the same time? If so, it would just make sense to me to re-do both. That way if you end up waiting a few more months (which, while sounds crazy, I wouldn't be surprised about), you don't have to re-do it again. Two birds with one stone thing. I dunno, I mean if you're going in to do the fit, you might as well take care of the other half while you're there. I'd ask the medical unit and see what they say.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

      "And you are kinda intoxicated."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
        Hey Merlin,

        I'm still kind of trying to figure this out. Let me explain what I understand about this subject and you let me know if I'm wrong or not.

        A guy like me is waiting in TSU for over four months...
        ...In order for me to get a call:
        1. I have to wait for a vacancy in my geo to open up.
        2. If one does happen to open, let us say because of attrition, the HR department of the port I chose notifies TSU.
        3. TSU has to wait for a training slot to open up because maybe other ports are in greater need at the time and take up the slots available.
        4. When a training class slot opens up because, let us say other ports are beginning to reach a suitable staffing number, TSU would then assigns me a training slot...
        ...and then I get the call to go to work?

        If these steps are correct, are they in any way predictable?
        Is there someone I would be able to talk to find out the status of any of these steps?

        Thanks
        ***Disclaimer***I am not involved with hiring. The following is what I'm lead to be true.***Disclaimer***

        More like:
        1. I have to wait for a vacancy in my geo to open up.

        2. If one does happen to open, the port notifies their service port, who notifies their OFO, who in turn notifies DC.

        3. DC decides how many training slots to give out to a particular OFO, who then decides on how they'll hand out training slots to their service ports, who then decides which ports are getting training slots from them. The service ports and OFO's decide on what spots they want funded and in what order and then it's all shipped back to DC.

        4. DC asks TSU to draw forth 'X' numbers of applicants for whichever ports are ultimately decided upon, roughly in the order requested....usually it's easier/more efficent to draw people in bundles for the larger ports, so often you'll see clusters of applicants in the same class going to the same port. TSU then starts to call on folks...and if you happen to be at the head of the line when they call...you're in.

        And no...it's not really all that predictable and there's no real way to find out where you sit in the process.

        Check out:

        http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/la/

        Those are the Louisiana ports.

        And:

        http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/conta...s/cmc_gulf.xml

        Those are all the ports within the NO/OFO.

        Comment


        • Hey...is there egg on my face?

          ....I know I told ya guys & gals that the CBPO Vacancy Announcment was to be today. That's what HR said. Maybe at midnight. I've got my fingers crossed.

          Anyways, I appologize for this.

          Comment


          • Hello everyone, just had a quick question. I received a call today scheduling me for my medical/fitness exam next week. I fell and sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago and my foot is still swollen and sore. The lady who scheduled me of course referred me back to MHC; which I called them and left a message. I was just wondering has anyone out there rescheduled their medical/fitness exam? Im so early in the process I hate trying to r/s already. My Doctor said he is willing to fill out any forms requesting a total of 6 weeks for my foot to heal properly.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by twiy2008 View Post
              Hello everyone, just had a quick question. I received a call today scheduling me for my medical/fitness exam next week. I fell and sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago and my foot is still swollen and sore. The lady who scheduled me of course referred me back to MHC; which I called them and left a message. I was just wondering has anyone out there rescheduled their medical/fitness exam? Im so early in the process I hate trying to r/s already. My Doctor said he is willing to fill out any forms requesting a total of 6 weeks for my foot to heal properly.
              Wait until you are more than confident that you will be able to pass the step test. It's extremely repetitive and if your foot is already sore that could lead to problems. If you fail because your foot is sore you will have to reapply during the next vacancy announcement.

              Comment


              • Got my call just now as well to schedule medical/fit test. Apparently my testing office is only open until 3pm though so they said to call back tomorrow. Not sure why they called in the first place if they couldn't schedule it now, but I'm still glad they called.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                  Wait until you are more than confident that you will be able to pass the step test. It's extremely repetitive and if your foot is already sore that could lead to problems. If you fail because your foot is sore you will have to reapply during the next vacancy announcement.
                  So you think they will let me reschedule. I want to wait my foot is really sore. I just didn't know if it was like a now or never type of situation.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                    Is it possible that they do the medical and physical at the same time? If so, it would just make sense to me to re-do both. That way if you end up waiting a few more months (which, while sounds crazy, I wouldn't be surprised about), you don't have to re-do it again. Two birds with one stone thing. I dunno, I mean if you're going in to do the fit, you might as well take care of the other half while you're there. I'd ask the medical unit and see what they say.
                    The problem with that idea is I had to have secondary exams for an ankle injury, and LASIK. If I were to redo the medical, then I would probably have to go throught the whole process of being found, "Not Medically Cleared" and have to get clearence again. Which at this point I don't want to do anything to delay the process any further.

                    For a perfectly healthy person, with NO issues, it would provably be a good idea, but there is no gurantee they would let you do it.
                    ICE IEA

                    May 08 Written Test
                    Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                    March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                    July 09 Oral Board
                    Background Started 11/16/09

                    EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                    Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by twiy2008 View Post
                      Hello everyone, just had a quick question. I received a call today scheduling me for my medical/fitness exam next week. I fell and sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago and my foot is still swollen and sore. The lady who scheduled me of course referred me back to MHC; which I called them and left a message. I was just wondering has anyone out there rescheduled their medical/fitness exam? Im so early in the process I hate trying to r/s already. My Doctor said he is willing to fill out any forms requesting a total of 6 weeks for my foot to heal properly.
                      Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      Got my call just now as well to schedule medical/fit test. Apparently my testing office is only open until 3pm though so they said to call back tomorrow. Not sure why they called in the first place if they couldn't schedule it now, but I'm still glad they called.
                      Did CASS update for ya'll or does it usually only update once a week, month?

                      Comment


                      • Nothing updated since technically they aren't completed.

                        Comment


                        • Cass

                          OK, thanks. I guess I can put out off my CASS addiction until I get a call and actually do something.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                            ....I know I told ya guys & gals that the CBPO Vacancy Announcment was to be today. That's what HR said. Maybe at midnight. I've got my fingers crossed.

                            Anyways, I appologize for this.
                            Swinging in the wind, huh?

                            Since time before 1895 CBPO's ,I've yet to be told about an announcement opening up on a date where the announcement actually ended up opening on that original date. They've all have been pushed back, some weeks and weeks back.

                            I haven't heard of anything opening up myself, but that doesn't really mean much. Lots goes on that nobody bothers to tell me about.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wmcgalrd View Post
                              OK, thanks. I guess I can put out off my CASS addiction until I get a call and actually do something.
                              CASS is wildly inaccurate as far as anything "up-to-date, this minute" goes. It's good for a general idea of where you are in the process...but that's about it. Lots of folks are weeks into FLETC before CASS shows them clear.

                              Supposedly, CASS updates on Tues. and Thurs. afternoons. Though lately I've heard it adjusts just about any time.

                              Comment


                              • Hi everyone,

                                I have been lurking around the forum for quite some time now... I finally decided to post in order to provide some insight on how random the pre-employment process is. I know there are people still waiting on various things to clear up while everything was pretty much easy sailing for me. I will try my best to detail my journey through the system, hope it helps someone. I have also provided my timeline below.

                                First and foremost do not trust the CASS website. I found that the number they provide for you to check your status is more reliable and accurate (those digits are all worn on my phone). I took the VBT on 8/12, and received the letter stating that I had passed Saturday 10/4, after receiving the "call". I already knew I had passed it because I had checked the hotline on Thursday night and it informed me that I have passed all the pre-employment requirements, etc. Low and behold I am still sleeping Friday morning when I received the call.

                                I tried to push my EOD further back but that wasn't happening... TSU gave me 2 dates 10/14 or 10/20. Unless you have a valid reason you will need to accept or withdraw your application. Only thing that sucks is spending the holidays away from the fam and spending my 21st birthday there on 12/31. Other than that I'm super excited and nervous at the same time.

                                Open to questions.

                                Anyone here in my class or have a geo preference of NYC???


                                __________________
                                CBPO

                                TESTED: 3/24 New York, NY
                                NOR: 4/24 - 97 (NO VET)
                                GEO PREFERENCE - JFK NEW YORK, NY
                                TO: 6/26
                                PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS - 7/2
                                MEDICAL - PASSED (7/21)
                                FITNESS - PASSED (7/21)
                                VBT - PASSED (8/12)
                                QUALS - GS5 (9/16)
                                DRUG TEST - PASSED (8/22)
                                BI - CLEARED (MET W/ BI 9/12, CLEARED 9/25)
                                CALL - 10/3 @ 8AM EST (ACCEPTED)


                                EOD - 10/20
                                FLETC - 11/13 - 3/5
                                CLASS - CBPI-911

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6228 users online. 413 members and 5815 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X