300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pmartinez90 View Post
    How would u guys rank the level of the first fitness test? I mean it doesnt seem that hard but i want to hear from the perspective of those who have taken it, i got mine dated for the 29th and that step thing has got me kinda nervous
    hey that fitness test is so easy man don't sweat it, if you can do push ups and sit ups you'll be fine. and the step test is easy too. You have almost a week if your not that active then practice doing push ups and sit ups, go to a gym they have like a step thing there you can practice on.

Comment

How would u guys rank the level of the first fitness test? I mean it doesnt seem that hard but i want to hear from the perspective of those who have taken it, i got mine dated for the 29th and that step thing has got me kinda nervous
      Its not tough. If you are in shape, it will be a piece of cake. If not, I would recommend not only practicing push ups and sit ups, but get some cardio in as well. The step test is at the end, so after you have given it your all on the previous tests (side step, push ups, sit ups, and lift & carry), it can start to weigh on your legs. But just push to the end. You will do great! Good luck!

Comment

Like the others said, it's pretty simple. My adrenaline kicked in and I did more sit ups and push up than I ever had when I practiced it. I just got a milk crate and would do the step test a few times a week. Just remember it's 5 minutes of your life, so just keep pushing through. Your muscles do start to tighten up so make sure to stretch.
        Geo- Florida
        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
        NOR- 98 10/25/13
        Qual- GS 7
        TSL- 2/28/14
        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Yeah its going by really swift so far.When and how were you contacted to schedule your vbt/si? I scheduled my pft1/med already but havent heard anything else yet. Central East Coast as well.
          Originally posted by Bassjunkie06 View Post
          Scheduled my med/pft1 for this wednesday. Interview next month 9/24. Already submitted my e-qip and mailed out my fingerprints today. Location is central east coast. Is it me or this process for 14-1 is going by super quick... Anyways..... Pushups pushups pushups pushups pushups
          Last edited by Officer7140; 08-18-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Received an email with instructions to my vbt/si

I wonder if theres a possibility of getting hired by the end of this year

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
              No Call Today...Hopefully CASS will update tonight and I'll get the call in Morning

Martinez...Congrats on them clearing up the whole Credit confusion.
              Hey USCG, I'm seeing that you took the poly graph a second time. I am kind of going through the same thing now, so what happened the second time around? Got mine scheduled for Friday
              Geo Central East Coast
              10/26/13 Took the test
              11/06/13 Passed Written test
              03/31/14 Received TSL
              04/09/14 Did medical and fitness test
              06/05/14 Did the VBT& SI interview
              06/13/14 Received BI paperwork
              07/10/14 Polygraph Test (inclonclusive) part 2 08/22/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer7140 View Post
                Yeah its going by really swift so far.When and how were you contacted to schedule your vbt/si? I scheduled my pft1/med already but havent heard anything else yet. Central East Coast as well.
                Im in the same situation as you are let me know if you have an update

Comment

• anyone knows if there is private wifi at fletc and what the price.

Comment

• Hey i will be having my fitness/medical on friday. I am near borderline in regards to passing the test on my sit ups and the step test when I do them at home. My question is do you guys recommend doing the test again a day before or just let my body rest. I will be doing sit ups, and step test everyday but not sure if I should do it on Thursday. Also what should I eat before the test. My test is at 10:00 in the morning.

Comment

• I know this will probably be looked as a "stupid" question but for those who took the pft 1/medical are we suppose to come dressed in our gym gear ?

Comment

• Yes, although you can change as well. I went in track pants and a hoodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spade1 View Post
                          I know this will probably be looked as a "stupid" question but for those who took the pft 1/medical are we suppose to come dressed in our gym gear ?
                          Yes,i did mine in fitness clothing
                          Geo Central East Coast
                          10/26/13 Took the test
                          11/06/13 Passed Written test
                          03/31/14 Received TSL
                          04/09/14 Did medical and fitness test
                          06/05/14 Did the VBT& SI interview
                          06/13/14 Received BI paperwork
                          07/10/14 Polygraph Test (inclonclusive) part 2 08/22/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                            Yes, although you can change as well. I went in track pants and a hoodie.

That sounds right. Is it standard to just do the physical/medical at a local walk in clinic? That's basically where mine are scheduled. Seems odd. Maybe that's part of speeding up the process. Not making a singular date and having everyone travel.

Submitted my e-qip Saturday night. Just got scheduled for medical on 8/27/14.

Comment

• Originally posted by NMPD128 View Post
                              Hey USCG, I'm seeing that you took the poly graph a second time. I am kind of going through the same thing now, so what happened the second time around? Got mine scheduled for Friday
                              The first time I thought I was gonna fail, cause the guy took all day and kept talking to me like I was a dirt bag. So when all was said and done he said inconclusive and rescheduled me (after an awesome 8 hour day). The next Poly was much different, the guy was nicer to me and in general the feeling was much different. He asked me a few of the same questions as before, and when he saw that I was still answering all the questions the exact same as the previous interview, he said that we were done and he was recommending that I pass. This interview only took about 3 or 4 hours and was much better of an experience. Im sure when the guy sees that you are staying consistent with your answers you will be all good. Good Luck!
                              Geo: West Coast
                              Applied: 7-1-13
                              Tested: 8-3-13
                              NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                              Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                              Medical: 12-30-13
                              Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                              VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                              Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                              Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                              Background finished: 6-10-14
                              Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                              Drug Test: 8-13-14
                              The Call: 08-20-14
                              PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                              EOD: 9-22-2014
                              Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• I have been forwarded to the Scheduling Unit for Assignment!!!! Hopefully I get the call today!
                                Last edited by USCG LEME; 08-19-2014, 08:31 AM. Reason: MHC just answered my CASS question.
                                Geo: West Coast
                                Applied: 7-1-13
                                Tested: 8-3-13
                                NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                                Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                                Medical: 12-30-13
                                Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                                VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                                Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                                Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                                Background finished: 6-10-14
                                Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                                Drug Test: 8-13-14
                                The Call: 08-20-14
                                PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                                EOD: 9-22-2014
                                Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10177 users online. 502 members and 9675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X