300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
    has anyone ever had to send in a letter of reconsideration? if so, how did that turn out for you?
    also, since i know alot of people have received TO's these past few weeks and im assuming that instead of me receiving that letter i would have gotten my TO; if i do get reconsidered and get everything sorted out, would i get to continue from the same point in my hiring process? or would i be set on the back burner until the next group of TO's get sent out?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
      also, since i know alot of people have received TO's these past few weeks and im assuming that instead of me receiving that letter i would have gotten my TO; if i do get reconsidered and get everything sorted out, would i get to continue from the same point in my hiring process? or would i be set on the back burner until the next group of TO's get sent out?
      well im not entirely clear on your situation, but yes i believe you would just pick up where you left off.

Comment

• Medical/Fitness Expired

Hey Will.....
        Guess what? I got the letter telling me I had to do my medical and fitness again
        This is freaking awesome, I'll probably end up going to the same place they came up with that I had hearing loss (when I could hear cars driving by on the road outside the office with headphones on), and that I had no depth perception ( when an eye doctor said I had better than average)...
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Yoda,

Have you received your NOPA yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
            Did you have any problems with the fingerprints? All of the PDs around here do digital finger prints apparently.

Its easy, you can still get digital prints, all they do is put your cards in their printer. Mine took about three minutes and cost me $10.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitthelights View Post
              Stay away from freecreditreport.com ... or be advised they do charge you $13.95 a month! It will come up under cic triple advantage on your statement...the better business bureau receives numerous complaints about them daily. I recommend using another credit check to see if CBP is pulling up your history.

Yeah, I believe (as in not positive) the only one that is free is www.annualcreditreport.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                Yoda,

Have you received your NOPA yet?
                Yes,
                Got it last week and I'm working on my answer letter...

Wish me luck guys
                CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  Yes,
                  Got it last week and I'm working on my answer letter...

Wish me luck guys
                  What is your situation? I ask because im expecting one at one point or another. Just curious how far along in the process you were when you recieved it and how they are worded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbrady View Post
                    Yeah, I believe (as in not positive) the only one that is free is www.annualcreditreport.com.
                    yeah thats what i used. you can get one each year from each of the 3 big agencies for free, so check a different on like every 4 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      Hey Will.....
                      Guess what? I got the letter telling me I had to do my medical and fitness again
                      This is freaking awesome, I'll probably end up going to the same place they came up with that I had hearing loss (when I could hear cars driving by on the road outside the office with headphones on), and that I had no depth perception ( when an eye doctor said I had better than average)...

Yoda,

where was the place they sent ya.. i have my Med & Fit test tomorrow in Inglewood..

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                        Yoda,

where was the place they sent ya.. i have my Med & Fit test tomorrow in Inglewood..
                        I live in Central California, so they sent me to an office in Fresno.

Barnaj:

All I had left in the process was my BI to be cleared, got my NOPA a year after TEST & TO, but I will say that if it weren't for me calling them it would've taken a lot longer since the lady that had my "file" didn't even know she had it or where it was...
                        CBPO

Comment

• Anyone for Texas received a call yet to schedule anything?
                          Last edited by wmcgalrd; 10-07-2008, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            J.

Port vacancies have little to do with hiring. What really matters is training slots assigned to 'your' port. Many ports are chronically short officers but very seldom get training slots assigned to them. Why? Because some port somewhere else at that particular time is in greater need of that slot...or whatever.

Bottom line...don't think port staffing is much of an indicator as far as hiring placement goes...it's not.
                            Hey Merlin,

I'm still kind of trying to figure this out. Let me explain what I understand about this subject and you let me know if I'm wrong or not.

A guy like me is waiting in TSU for over four months...
                            ...In order for me to get a call:
                            1. I have to wait for a vacancy in my geo to open up.
                            2. If one does happen to open, let us say because of attrition, the HR department of the port I chose notifies TSU.
                            3. TSU has to wait for a training slot to open up because maybe other ports are in greater need at the time and take up the slots available.
                            4. When a training class slot opens up because, let us say other ports are beginning to reach a suitable staffing number, TSU would then assigns me a training slot...
                            ...and then I get the call to go to work?

If these steps are correct, are they in any way predictable?
                            Is there someone I would be able to talk to find out the status of any of these steps?

Thanks
                            "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                              Hey Merlin,

I'm still kind of trying to figure this out. Let me explain what I understand about this subject and you let me know if I'm wrong or not.

A guy like me is waiting in TSU for over four months...
                              ...In order for me to get a call:
                              1. I have to wait for a vacancy in my geo to open up.
                              2. If one does happen to open, let us say because of attrition, the HR department of the port I chose notifies TSU.
                              3. TSU has to wait for a training slot to open up because maybe other ports are in greater need at the time and take up the slots available.
                              4. When a training class slot opens up because, let us say other ports are beginning to reach a suitable staffing number, TSU would then assigns me a training slot...
                              ...and then I get the call to go to work?

If these steps are correct, are they in any way predictable?
                              Is there someone I would be able to talk to find out the status of any of these steps?

Thanks
                              Thats my general understanding of the process. Once they have a slot for you they'll call and set up a start date for pre academy training. I've been waiting for well over two months now.

As for predicting it, I doubt that's really possible. CBP is the largest fed law enforcement agency at this point and they've got ports in every state, so you can't possibly guess what areas are currently fast tracked in the TSU.

From reading posts it seems like positions on the northern border in the middle of nowhere (no offense to residents of nowhere, just sayin) are consistently high priority. Also it seems like Miami got a disproportionate number of trainees recently.

I know a couple people who went to FLETC recently and according to them most classes have some people from LA, and NY/NJ in them. Other than that it's a grab bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                                Thats my general understanding of the process. Once they have a slot for you they'll call and set up a start date for pre academy training. I've been waiting for well over two months now.

As for predicting it, I doubt that's really possible. CBP is the largest fed law enforcement agency at this point and they've got ports in every state, so you can't possibly guess what areas are currently fast tracked in the TSU.

From reading posts it seems like positions on the northern border in the middle of nowhere (no offense to residents of nowhere, just sayin) are consistently high priority. Also it seems like Miami got a disproportionate number of trainees recently.

I know a couple people who went to FLETC recently and according to them most classes have some people from LA, and NY/NJ in them. Other than that it's a grab bag.
                                By LA you mean Los Angeles?
                                "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11239 users online. 230 members and 11009 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X