Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have info on champlain? Shifts, overtime, morale, etc?

Comment

• If someone has used an unprescribed pain pill to treat a severe migraine less than 10 total times, would that be grounds for dismissal from the application process? Or should you just address it on the e-qip and you should be fine?

Comment

• Anybody have info on how transfers work? let's say you work at a specific port and after a couple of years you want to transfer to another state, is it going to be almost impossible for that? I'm assuming it might not be that easy...

Comment

• For those who have already submitted the Form 258, how literal should I take the instruction to "leave no space blank"? Should I place a "no" or "none" in every unused space within each table?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets13 View Post
            Does anyone have any idea how long EOD lasts for? Is it 2-3 weeks? Do you go right from the duty location right to FLETC?
            Not sure if this has been answered already, but I'll give it a crack.

These are MY dates and timeframe, not sure if anyone else's differs.
            EOD for 5 weeks: Aug 25-Sep 26. FLETC Sep 29-Feb 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
              Mark matters and memo which port are you guys going to?

Good luck to all! Leaving for FLETC in 5 days!!
              I'll be at LAX.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if we get a per diem while at the academy? I've heard that we get from $2 up to $60 per day. I don't know how true this is since I can't find anything concrete on the CBP website.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Memo35 View Post
                I'll be at LAX.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if we get a per diem while at the academy? I've heard that we get from $2 up to $60 per day. I don't know how true this is since I can't find anything concrete on the CBP website.

Thanks.
                IIRC, it was about $10. It's not a whole lot because you are provided meals and housing.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirginiaPlain View Post
                  For those who have already submitted the Form 258, how literal should I take the instruction to "leave no space blank"? Should I place a "no" or "none" in every unused space within each table?
                  You got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                    Anybody have info on how transfers work? let's say you work at a specific port and after a couple of years you want to transfer to another state, is it going to be almost impossible for that? I'm assuming it might not be that easy...
                    You put in for a lateral. If you're in a highly desired port, it's easier to swap out.
                    If you're at a port that no one cares for, you might be there later.

Essentially, weigh out everything and decide what is best for you.
                    Standard of living, location, availability of OT, or the best port out of your choices.

Your mileage will vary. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
                      You put in for a lateral. If you're in a highly desired port, it's easier to swap out.
                      If you're at a port that no one cares for, you might be there later.

Essentially, weigh out everything and decide what is best for you.
                      Standard of living, location, availability of OT, or the best port out of your choices.

Your mileage will vary. Good luck!
                      Thanks for the info ;-)

Comment

• For those of you who have completed the fingerprint cards before...in the instructions it says list your full name including full middle name; however, on the actual card it says "middle initial"....any idea which one I should put? Also, if you have no aliases or scars, marks, or tats should you just leave those sections blank or write in "none"? Surprisingly it does not address this issue in the instructions. Thanks for any help.

Comment

• Originally posted by nr1324 View Post
                          For those of you who have completed the fingerprint cards before...in the instructions it says list your full name including full middle name; however, on the actual card it says "middle initial"....any idea which one I should put? Also, if you have no aliases or scars, marks, or tats should you just leave those sections blank or write in "none"? Surprisingly it does not address this issue in the instructions. Thanks for any help.
                          You do NOT touch your fingerprint cards nor write on them anything. You simply take them to the police station and they will take care of everything, they will ask you the information and they will type it themselves, take your prints and when they are done, they will give you the cards for you to mail them via the envelope you have given with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                            You do NOT touch your fingerprint cards nor write on them anything. You simply take them to the police station and they will take care of everything, they will ask you the information and they will type it themselves, take your prints and when they are done, they will give you the cards for you to mail them via the envelope you have given with them.
                            I beg to differ about you can't write on your fingerprint cards. The instructions clearly state you can and I have done this before. As long as it is legible, you can write in your own info yourself while the person taking your fingerprints fills out their section on the cards.
                            CBPO 14-1
                            Geo: Central East Coast
                            Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
                            Referred: 07/22/2014
                            TSL: 08/02/2014
                            Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
                            Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
                            VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
                            BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
                            PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                            EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
                            FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• I wrote on mine. In fact, my PD wanted me to fill out the cards before they would take the fingerprints.
                              I think I just put my middle initial just because my name is really long and that's all that would fit. For anything that didn't apply I just wrote "NONE" or "N/A."
                              Civitas Ad Mare
                              LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
                              TSL: 12/18/13
                              PFT1/Med: 1/14
                              VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
                              BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
                              Drug test: TBD
                              Polygraph: TBD
                              PFT2: TBD
                              EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
                              Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• Some police station print your info directly to your prints, some ask you to do it yourself, but as long as you do that with a PD then you will avoid yourself mistakes on the cards. Mine was printed with my prints, I did not write anything on them myself, I only signed at the end.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8189 users online. 239 members and 7950 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X