300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBPO Applicant '13 View Post
    I'm from Cali, and applied for west coast. So far I have passed the medical;PFT1; VBT; What I'm worried about is if my older sister will hold me back from the job because she is currently here in the U.S. illegally..... I had to write a letter to IA explaining that I didn't have her info as to how she came into the country, and I didn't have info on her SSN or permission to enter the US legally for the EQUIP. Could her status hurt my chance at getting the job? I was born in the US, had nothing to do with her getting here, and would not let her status affect my performance in the work place.
    There's a 50/50% that you get a chance. All I can say is take a chance and be honest about it, that's all you can do. Put all the information about it in the eqip and explain it when you have a poly. My family is foreign too but they are all documented and entered the US legally, still my process is taking longer than others. Best of luck and don't lose hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmiech View Post
      (202) 740-4516
      I have been asking about the IA number for more than 2 weeks and nobody posted it. THANK YOU for doing that.

Comment

• Looking for people familiar with the various Northeast ports, particularly Calais and Houlton, ME?

Please don't say only go with Buffalo, because that has not been offered in a while (and is also the furthest from home). I will go where I have to, and would also like to know if there is anyplace in particular to AVOID. Thanks.
        Geo: Northeast
        Written Test: 8/28/2013 (97 no vet points)
        NOR: 9/9/2013
        TSL: 11/27/2013
        Medical/PT: 12/19/2014
        VBT/SI: 01/02/2014
        Medical cleared: 04/08/4014
        Equip/fingerprints received: 04/11/2014
        Poly: 05/27/2014
        Received NOPA: 06/30/2014
        Replied to NOPA: 07/22/2014
        1st meeting with BI: 08/06/2014
        2nd meeting with BI: 08/08/2014
        Drug Test: 09/25/2014
        All green checks: 09/30/2014
        Got the call!: 10/01/2014
        Pft2: 10/23/2014
        EOD: 11/03/2014
        FLETC: 11/24/2014

Comment

• Hey everyone!

It has been 6 weeks since I submitted eQip & related docs and haven't heard anything. I haven't checked to see if they pulled my credit report yet because I have to wait til October to get my free credit report again. I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit nervous since my Geo is Central East Coast and I've heard they're pushing to hire A LOT of new officers for that region with most going to JFK (my port of choice). I'm really hoping I don't get left behind in this latest hiring push. If I wanted to call and check the status of this part of the process, would I have to call the investigator listed in that packet with the four investigators' names (the one where they went by the last 4 digits of your SSN)?

I guess I'm not too surprised by the hurry up and wait this process has been so far. I figured it would take about a year/year and a half at least to go through the process. I'm 13 months in from the date of my written test.
          Eagerly awaiting drug & polygraph tests. Not so much PFT2 :P

Anyway, good luck everyone! Take a breath and smile. You've made it this far.
          Civitas Ad Mare
          LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
          TSL: 12/18/13
          PFT1/Med: 1/14
          VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
          BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
          Drug test: TBD
          Polygraph: TBD
          PFT2: TBD
          EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
          Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Pmartinez90 View Post
            In the financial report i have to put the agency identification number where can i find it thanks and what does us/foreign indicator mean?
            Anyone know this?
            NYPD Exam #4329
            TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Hey Alex,

Im also in the process for central east, hopefully JFK.

Since there is a need in JFK, I think they are bumping all central east applicants and hopefully put them all in the same class?
              NYPD Exam #4329
              TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
                Anyone know this?
                Yes. I had to look up a copy of my financial disclosure to be able to respond. The agency ID number was left blank.
                Secondly, If you have any bank account of stock that are not in any US institute, then put foreign. I don't have anything overseas so all my responses I put "US".

I am also a central east coast applicant and haven't heard any hiring on that region for some weeks. I am hoping things will be picked up soon for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                  Yes. I had to look up a copy of my financial disclosure to be able to respond. The agency ID number was left blank.
                  Secondly, If you have any bank account of stock that are not in any US institute, then put foreign. I don't have anything overseas so all my responses I put "US".

I am also a central east coast applicant and haven't heard any hiring on that region for some weeks. I am hoping things will be picked up soon for us.
                  So i leave the agency number in blank and thats ok?

Comment

• Thanks so much guys for the support. I will definitely keep you all updated on the process and how the situation pans out for future reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                      Umm, yes its probably going to be a problem to say the least. Are you estranged? Is it like a half sister or something that you have never really had interaction with? I could maybe see an exception being made there. Heck, half of Obama's family is here illegally, but if its not a far off estranged family member then I'd say you have a problem. If you were applying to be a cop, it probably wouldn't be much of a problem, but you're applying to be an immigration officer. You can't associate with people who are here illegally. If I were your case adjudicator, I would reject your application. Its a tough spot to be in since none of us really have any control over who our family is for the most part. Good luck.
                      I understand your point Cyber_Saint. Thanks for the opinion, I hope it works out too. Oh, and my sister is immediate family, she lives like twenty minutes away from my house. Not estranged :/ I can't pick my family, so I'm just gonna have to deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmiech View Post
                        CBPO Applicant 13,

It will definitely come up on the polygraph examination. Then if you make it that far it will come up again in the BI. You have to be upfront and honest about it like you are now. You will have a chance to give your explanation of the situation. Your process will definitely be longer than others because of this but you may still have a chance. IA's number is (202) 740-4516. Keep us informed on your situation. Best of luck to you.
                        Thanks for all the help Kmiech! I'm gonna call first thing Monday morning to see if I can get some updates. I sent my letter to IA about two months ago explaining my situation and how my sister's status has absolutely no effect on my ability to perform my job. Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pmartinez90 View Post
                          So i leave the agency number in blank and thats ok?
                          Double check your eqip instructions and I am pretty sure it says to leave it blank.

Comment

• Got some BAD news this week. many might know or not that I failed the VBT last round. Well I applied for Mays opening and got a higher score, being misinformed that everything will be starting from scratch, they said go ahead and retake the test and you will start the process over. Long story short I received a np email stating that I was once again disqualified from this process until it has been a year until I took my VBT so I'll have to wait till after next year March to apply, that's if they hire again. I'm so sad but it's ok because I'm only 22, I'll be 23 this December so no rush I just really want this job. Happy it gives me more time in the gym and choose a different location.

Anyone here live in Tennessee, women preferably ?? I'm thinking about moving there. I'm a hair stylist from NYC and want a change and less competition.
                            CBPO: GS-5
                            Geo/Location: JFK
                            Tested: 3/'13
                            NOR (84)
                            Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                            Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                            Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                            The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                            BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                            EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• No prob Jade. I would have posted earlier if I would have seen your post. They have another line strictly for BIs you can try if the other option doesn't yield any results. The number is (202) 344-2600.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                                Double check your eqip instructions and I am pretty sure it says to leave it blank.
                                yeah your right ty..i sent you a PM

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7998 users online. 441 members and 7557 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X