300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
    Med/Fit scheduled for Wednesday. Kinda seems like it's truckin' along...I had knee surgery in high school...do I need to bring records of that, or do past injuries not qualify as "previous conditions"? I guess I think of previous conditions as things like diabetes, cancer, stuff like that
    I would bring records of it. The forms should have a spot to indicate past injuries. These way if you already have the records, and your doctor clears you can you prevent receiving a NMC (not medically cleared) letter.

Comment

• Oh! I'm sorry. I thought someone just made it up or something. I feel like this whole waiting aspect of the hiring process has been literally driving me insane since I started my application back in March. I had heard that they were really desperate for people at JFK, don't know what the situation is at Newark though. I initially applied for Albany because I didn't know where I would be living at the time (it's a long story), and couldn't change my geo preference in time because I didn't find out where I'd move until a month after I received my T.O. The recruiter I talked to initially offered me a position in Alexandria, NY which is several hours drive from Albany and about six hours drive from where I currently live, and I was very disappointed to have to turn it down. I'm also worried that I will have to do everything over again because the recruiter wasn't sure if my old file would transfer over when I re-applied or not. Anyway good luck to everyone else who is waiting to hear back, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who is anxious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sdodd View Post
        Oh! I'm sorry. I thought someone just made it up or something. I feel like this whole waiting aspect of the hiring process has been literally driving me insane since I started my application back in March. I had heard that they were really desperate for people at JFK, don't know what the situation is at Newark though. I initially applied for Albany because I didn't know where I would be living at the time (it's a long story), and couldn't change my geo preference in time because I didn't find out where I'd move until a month after I received my T.O. The recruiter I talked to initially offered me a position in Alexandria, NY which is several hours drive from Albany and about six hours drive from where I currently live, and I was very disappointed to have to turn it down. I'm also worried that I will have to do everything over again because the recruiter wasn't sure if my old file would transfer over when I re-applied or not. Anyway good luck to everyone else who is waiting to hear back, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who is anxious.
        I also wanted JFK or Newark but i had to choose PA instead because it's the only thing available and somewhat close to me. When did you Take the test?

Comment

Also, how's the Fit test? Any suggestions?
          Make sure there's actual weight IN THE BOX for the lift test. I was listening to the tape, I did the 'test lift' thing and noticed it was really light. I tell the administrator (some nurse at the clinic that probably didn't care what I was doing) "Uh, I think there is supposed to be some weight in this." He replies "Oh, there is." Knowing what 50 lbs feels like, I open the box to really see. Sure enough, it was empty. So basically the administrator and I were scrambling to find weights and get them in the box before the actual test began. Luckily it didn't cost me any time, but I don't think they can stop the tape as soon as it starts, so you've been warned.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolygsx View Post
            I also wanted JFK or Newark but i had to choose PA instead because it's the only thing available and somewhat close to me. When did you Take the test?
            I took the written exam in March and received a T.O. for Albany International airport in May. My VBT was in June, fitness and drug test in July, met with B.I. in August. A recruiter called me around 3 weeks ago about a position in Alexandria, NY or some other town that is way too far away and I had to turn down that offer because I signed a lease for an apartment in northern N.J. in June.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              I would bring records of it. The forms should have a spot to indicate past injuries. These way if you already have the records, and your doctor clears you can you prevent receiving a NMC (not medically cleared) letter.
              I got the call today saying my Fit test was on Wednesday. So that gives me one day to drive all the way to the place where I had surgery back in high school and find the records?

Comment

• ...the birdy came in this afternoon

....corrected for October 7, 2008 (Tomorrow - Tuesday).

Concerning CBPO Vacancy Announcement.

Comment

I got the call today saying my Fit test was on Wednesday. So that gives me one day to drive all the way to the place where I had surgery back in high school and find the records?
                  The doctor that examines you will ask you about past injuries. Tell him/her about them. If you talk with the doc about it, maybe you can gauge whether or not you should be worrying about putting in paperwork. You might be able to get ahold of the medical unit at MHC and ask them about possibly mailing it/faxing it to them so they can send it to the adjudicating doctors to have them look at it. On the other hand, you could very well get a NMC where they will basically request said paperwork, on top of a doctor's written authorization that you're good to go. It might be unavoidable, but having records with you at the time of your examination could be saving you some headaches later on. Your call.

Comment

• Does the background investigator go over your parking tickets?
                    Last edited by ac1286; 11-14-2008, 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                      The doctor that examines you will ask you about past injuries. Tell him/her about them. If you talk with the doc about it, maybe you can gauge whether or not you should be worrying about putting in paperwork. You might be able to get ahold of the medical unit at MHC and ask them about possibly mailing it/faxing it to them so they can send it to the adjudicating doctors to have them look at it. On the other hand, you could very well get a NMC where they will basically request said paperwork, on top of a doctor's written authorization that you're good to go. It might be unavoidable, but having records with you at the time of your examination could be saving you some headaches later on. Your call.
                      Thanks a lot! I appreciate it

Comment

• Originally posted by ac1286 View Post
                        Does the background investigator go over your fed and city tax returns? And parking tickets? How about your debt to income ratio????
                        Parking tickets usually won't be an issue as they don't qualify as something that the BI is looking for (tickets under 150$ is typically the sweet spot where the BI doesn't care about them), but don't be surprised if you get a call from an adjudicator from DC asking about them. I did and it was totally unexpected. So you can imagine how I thought I was up a creek for good when an adjudicator from DC called asking about the tickets, when I knew I didn't list them or tell the BI about them because they fell under the warranted amount to divulge them.

Lesson: Tell. Them. EVERYTHING. Even if they say they don't want to know about it, TRY to.

EDIT: As for tax returns, my BI never asked me anything about them except he did ask me if I payed my taxes. He also vaguely went over my financials, maybe all of 30 seconds (then again I'm young and don't have much in the way of debt or assets). The BI will talk about debt and you can answer his/her questions accordingly.
                        Last edited by sap123; 10-06-2008, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• eod

Hey just wondering if anyone EOD's on the 29th.

Comment

Med/Fit scheduled for Wednesday. Kinda seems like it's truckin' along...I had knee surgery in high school...do I need to bring records of that, or do past injuries not qualify as "previous conditions"? I guess I think of previous conditions as things like diabetes, cancer, stuff like that
                            I was in a similar situation. I had a a minor knee injury back in high school but didn't need surgery or anything like that. Like an idiot i mentioned it when i had my medical exam and i got a letter saying i wasn't cleared. I had to go see and orthopedic doctor and get a clearance letter even though my knee has been perfectly fine since the injury. That delayed my process almost two months.
                            From my experience, i would recommend you not say anything about it if the incident wont show up when they do your background and if you are able to physically perform without your knee bothering you. The nurse in charge of my file at the medical unit even told me that i could have gotten away with it without saying anything. She mentioned they get real picky with medicals cause its just an easy way to disqualify people. Anyway, since you did have surgery it might be a little more serious cause if you get hurt at fletc or on the job it could cost you the job.
                            Its your call, you can just not mention it if you feel you can physically perform without any problems and you know the injury wont show up in your background. Or you can mention it and and be prepared to get a disqualification letter that will require you to see an orthopedic doctor at your own expense and delay your process a couple of months.
                            good luck

Comment

• Getting the call

I have a friend who was called last Friday and offered three different POE's in Maine. He was offered Calais, Jackman and Vancboro but had to decline due to family issues. The lady from TSU also said there is no other openings in Maine which seems kinda weird. I live next to three POE's in Northern Maine and know people that work at all of them. They all say they have open slots waiting to be filled. I am also in the process right now and waiting for my medical to clear and I'll be done. There is 10 POE's within 100 mile radius of where I live in Northern Maine and I am hoping to get one of those. If not I will have to decline also. Does anyone know if you can ask TSU to call you when there is an opening where you would like to go. Thanks..

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin03 View Post
                                ...The lady from TSU also said there is no other openings in Maine which seems kinda weird. I live next to three POE's in Northern Maine and know people that work at all of them. They all say they have open slots waiting to be filled...

J.

Port vacancies have little to do with hiring. What really matters is training slots assigned to 'your' port. Many ports are chronically short officers but very seldom get training slots assigned to them. Why? Because some port somewhere else at that particular time is in greater need of that slot...or whatever.

Bottom line...don't think port staffing is much of an indicator as far as hiring placement goes...it's not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5165 users online. 265 members and 4900 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X