Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
    So I guess I am at least another 6 months out. I have really fallen behind others that took the test at the same time I did. I think I'm not going to worry about it as much anymore. If I hear something then great, but I am not one of the younger people on here. Time isn't really on my side.
    I am in the same boat both of y'all are in. I was told by a CBPO and its on here a while ago, that CBP is staying to get the ones that took the test in 2013 through the process and working (if we pass everything) before the end of the year.
    Test taken-08/30/2013
    NOR-09/04/2013 (84 non vet)
    Changed location-02/20/2014
    Medical-04/15/2014 (still waiting)
    PT1-04/15/2014 passed
    VBT & SI-05/14/2014 passed

    Comment


    • Would you guys pick a-bay, champlain or derby line?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Catanz22 View Post
        Would you guys pick a-bay, champlain or derby line?
        Did you pick a station yet? You said you had till Monday to do so. Also, which agency did you go with? And, when is your pft2?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
          So I guess I am at least another 6 months out. I have really fallen behind others that took the test at the same time I did. I think I'm not going to worry about it as much anymore. If I hear something then great, but I am not one of the younger people on here. Time isn't really on my side.
          Our situations are identical. I am in my 30's as well but it is what it is. There's nothing we can do but wait, keep working, and just live life. There are folks who tested after me who have already EOD. Sure that is frustrating but it is the luck of the draw. When I took the exam, the instructor told all of us that the hiring process can take up to 24 months. I am currently at the 12 month mark so at the end of the day, I look at it as the 1/2 way point. I know CBPO's who were hired far back in the Legacy days who told me that their hiring process topped 12 months and that was many, many years ago. I want this job very much and I know that I will excel at it however, I have long since given up on expecting anything to move quickly at all. Plus, don't forget that the Poly is literally a coin flip. Just sit tight and live your life. Forget you applied and do whatever they ask of you when you get an email or letter.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Catanz22 View Post
            Would you guys pick a-bay, champlain or derby line?
            I would personally pick A-Bay because it is closer to where I am from. But you will see more action at Champlain. Don't pick Derby Line

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
              Well supposedly my results show a failure and hes sending that to quality control to see if they approve another test..

              Wow.. just wow


              If anyone has any information on what steps I can take now please let me know

              I feel like garbage
              I would not freak out until you hear anything from them. This is all part of the tactic. I was pretty much told I failed and that my results would be sent to quality control to be reviewed and that I might be contacted to retest. It's all bull****. They try to get to your head. If you told the truth then you should be fine. I never heard anything from them after but moved right on to my background and got hired!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Catanz22 View Post
                Would you guys pick a-bay, champlain or derby line?
                I live near both Derby and Champlain. I am not sure about a bay but Champlain in the biggest port out of the three I believe. Champlain is close to Plattsburgh as well as Montreal. Not really much in the area if you're used to city life but Plattsburgh is a college town so there is some action.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ashlynn1220VT View Post
                  I would not freak out until you hear anything from them. This is all part of the tactic. I was pretty much told I failed and that my results would be sent to quality control to be reviewed and that I might be contacted to retest. It's all bull****. They try to get to your head. If you told the truth then you should be fine. I never heard anything from them after but moved right on to my background and got hired!
                  I never even moved on to the second portion of the test with the national security/terrorist questions.

                  But we'll see what happens, I should get a notice in 2-4 weeks.

                  Thanks for the words though Ashlynn

                  Comment


                  • same boat.... I took Medical and then PFT-1 April 21 (med) and April 22 (PFT-1) Then I took VBT/SI on May14 (passed notice on May30) A week later a call to retest my hearing for documentation purposes? I called back and asked if there was an issue and they told me it just needs to be documented. I told them I'm 60% Comp Vet with a documented hearing losss, and asked if that was good enough? They called back and confirmed the Med Officer approved it and my appointment was cancelled. Many phone contacts over this ... about 3 weeks ago I contacted HR about still not receiving anything but a BG email and was told they are waiting on clearance of Medical review? I called Medical and was told "We haven't gotten to your date yet" and "we couldn't have contacted you, this is interesting" They told me to stand by as they were getting close to the April dates and something should be coming soon in email. I just received the "congrats for passing the PFT-1) email yesterday? so I guess patience is the key here??
                    Good Luck
                    Originally posted by chuco915 View Post
                    Took my medical on 03-25-2014. I received my email that I passed PFA-1 but still havnt received word on my medical. On CASS it says it is in medical review. Its been over 4 months and still awaiting my medical to pass on CASS. I contacted MHC and they said they are backlogged on the medical and I should be seeing something shortly. Anyone else having this issue? I have read that others have received a letter about their medical status for possible correction. Thank you!

                    Comment


                    • Hello all,

                      I applied to this position recently not knowing much about it. I have no related experience, but I am perusing my masters in homeland security & terrorism. I was a bit more optimistic about the hiring process before reading these forums. I was wondering how long from start to finish does this process usually take? How important is experience? Also, I applied to the north east region and noticed everyone else in this region only had the option to pick small isolated towns. How are the chances of landing a Boston metro area?

                      Thanks, any help is appreciated.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                        same boat.... I took Medical and then PFT-1 April 21 (med) and April 22 (PFT-1) Then I took VBT/SI on May14 (passed notice on May30) A week later a call to retest my hearing for documentation purposes? I called back and asked if there was an issue and they told me it just needs to be documented. I told them I'm 60% Comp Vet with a documented hearing losss, and asked if that was good enough? They called back and confirmed the Med Officer approved it and my appointment was cancelled. Many phone contacts over this ... about 3 weeks ago I contacted HR about still not receiving anything but a BG email and was told they are waiting on clearance of Medical review? I called Medical and was told "We haven't gotten to your date yet" and "we couldn't have contacted you, this is interesting" They told me to stand by as they were getting close to the April dates and something should be coming soon in email. I just received the "congrats for passing the PFT-1) email yesterday? so I guess patience is the key here??
                        Good Luck
                        When you guys did your medical, did you have to do a color vision test? Was it the typical color spots in a book test?

                        Back when I did medical for BP I had to pay out if pocket for an Optometrist to administer the Farnsworth 15 test, then fax those results over.

                        Just wondering if I should just go get that done before my medical exam.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                          When you guys did your medical, did you have to do a color vision test? Was it the typical color spots in a book test?

                          Back when I did medical for BP I had to pay out if pocket for an Optometrist to administer the Farnsworth 15 test, then fax those results over.

                          Just wondering if I should just go get that done before my medical exam.
                          Yes, I also had to pay out of pocket for that test and it is good for a number of years. Not sure how long ago your last Farnsworth test was, but if you show up to the medical with that, it will save a lot of time in limbo waiting for your medical to clear after you have the test done.
                          Tests taken:
                          Erie County Sheriff
                          Erie County Police
                          Catt County Sheriff
                          Catt County Police
                          NYS Park Patrol Officer Trainee
                          score:85 rank:7xx
                          NYS Correction Officer score:80 rank:26xx
                          NYS Police score:97.xx rank:64xx
                          CBP

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                            same boat.... I took Medical and then PFT-1 April 21 (med) and April 22 (PFT-1) Then I took VBT/SI on May14 (passed notice on May30) A week later a call to retest my hearing for documentation purposes? I called back and asked if there was an issue and they told me it just needs to be documented. I told them I'm 60% Comp Vet with a documented hearing losss, and asked if that was good enough? They called back and confirmed the Med Officer approved it and my appointment was cancelled. Many phone contacts over this ... about 3 weeks ago I contacted HR about still not receiving anything but a BG email and was told they are waiting on clearance of Medical review? I called Medical and was told "We haven't gotten to your date yet" and "we couldn't have contacted you, this is interesting" They told me to stand by as they were getting close to the April dates and something should be coming soon in email. I just received the "congrats for passing the PFT-1) email yesterday? so I guess patience is the key here??
                            Good Luck
                            I received the passing PFA-1 email yesterday as well....Lets hope its a good sign!! Cant wait to get the rest of this rolling....

                            Comment


                            • Kris,

                              I had my VBT/SI at the Ybor facility. That would be awesome news for me if it's held there so that I don't have to drive 2 hours to Orlando. Oh man, please be in Tampa! Good luck with your poly!



                              Originally posted by Mikeg8989 View Post
                              Hello all,

                              I applied to this position recently not knowing much about it. I have no related experience, but I am perusing my masters in homeland security & terrorism. I was a bit more optimistic about the hiring process before reading these forums. I was wondering how long from start to finish does this process usually take? How important is experience? Also, I applied to the north east region and noticed everyone else in this region only had the option to pick small isolated towns. How are the chances of landing a Boston metro area?

                              Thanks, any help is appreciated.
                              Hiring can take anywhere between 12-24 months. Also, scratch Boston off your list, because you're not getting that unless some miracle happens. Things do change, so who knows. Buffalo, possibly, but it seems like Champlain, A-Bay, Vermont, and Maine are where new recruits will be heading.
                              CBP Officer

                              08/31/14-Tested
                              02/28/14-TSL Received
                              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                              07/01/14-VBT/SI
                              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hoffs11 View Post
                                Yes, I also had to pay out of pocket for that test and it is good for a number of years. Not sure how long ago your last Farnsworth test was, but if you show up to the medical with that, it will save a lot of time in limbo waiting for your medical to clear after you have the test done.
                                Cool. Appreciate the info. Its been about 7 years so might have to do it again. I'll see if I can find it anyway.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7797 users online. 174 members and 7623 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X