Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you federal employee? It has been a little over a month for me waiting on a decision. Don't know if it's a good idea to call either.

Comment

• Took my medical on 03-25-2014. I received my email that I passed PFA-1 but still havnt received word on my medical. On CASS it says it is in medical review. Its been over 4 months and still awaiting my medical to pass on CASS. I contacted MHC and they said they are backlogged on the medical and I should be seeing something shortly. Anyone else having this issue? I have read that others have received a letter about their medical status for possible correction. Thank you!
      Last edited by chuco915; 08-05-2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• @ MangoMan

Your situation in regards to the poly seems to be a common one. Your results will be sent to QC where they will be evaluated by another polygraph examiner. If he concurs with the original examiner then chances are that you will not be moving forward. If they deem your results inconclusive then you will be contacted for another evaluation. Let the process play itself out. This is the only part of the hiring process that we as applicants have zero control over.
        CBPO

14-1
        Geo: SWB
        CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
        NOR: 07/14/14
        TSL: 08/01/14
        Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
        BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
        Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
        VBT / SI : 09/17/14
        Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
        Poly 1: 11/13/14
        Poly 2: 12/30/14

BPA

15-1
        Geo: Arizona
        BPA Exam: 12/16/14

Comment

• No I've never held a federal position before, I'm sure you're close

Comment

• Originally posted by chuco915 View Post
            Took my medical on 03-25-2014. I received my email that I passed PFA-1 but still havnt received word on my medical. On CASS it says it is in medical review. Its been over 4 months and still awaiting my medical to pass on CASS. I contacted MHC and they said they are backlogged on the medical and I should be seeing something shortly. Anyone else having this issue? I have read that others have received a letter about their medical status for possible correction. Thank you!
            I had the same situation. 4 1/2 months later I received and email asking for more info regarding a specific thing. I faxed and mailed out all the info yesterday. Did both just to be safe. I received an email today that they received my documents, so now I just hope it doesn't take another 4 1/2 months to get a check mark or eliminated.
            Geo- Florida
            CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
            NOR- 98 10/25/13
            Qual- GS 7
            TSL- 2/28/14
            PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
            VBT/SI- 5/9/14
            VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
            BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
            BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
            BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
              I had the same situation. 4 1/2 months later I received and email asking for more info regarding a specific thing. I faxed and mailed out all the info yesterday. Did both just to be safe. I received an email today that they received my documents, so now I just hope it doesn't take another 4 1/2 months to get a check mark or eliminated.
              What surprised me is that medical review functions as a 3-step process. The first step is someone sends you an email to let you know that MHC received your documentation. Then, step 2, said documentation must be forwarded to be screened to make sure the information is sufficient (which current turn time is 6-8 weeks). Then, step 3, once your documentation is deemed to be "sufficient", it is then forwarded to a medical officer for review which takes another 6-8 weeks.

This process seems highly redundant and inefficient. Step 2 (pre-screening) is an utter waste of resources and time. The initial individual who emails applicants that "MHC has received your medical review information) should be the one who "pre-screens" the documentation thus weeding out the need for step 2 and 6-8 weeks of additional waiting time.
              Last edited by NYJRM10; 08-05-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                What surprised me is that medical review functions as a 3-step process. The first step is someone sends you an email to let you know that MHC received your documentation. Then, step 2, said documentation must be forwarded to be screened to make sure the information is sufficient (which current turn time is 6-8 weeks). Then, step 3, once your documentation is deemed to be "sufficient", it is then forwarded to a medical officer for review which takes another 6-8 weeks.

This process seems highly redundant and inefficient. Step 2 (pre-screening) is an utter waste of resources and time. The initial individual who emails applicants that "MHC has received your medical review information) should be the one who "pre-screens" the documentation thus weeding out the need for step 2 and 6-8 weeks of additional waiting time.
                So what you are saying is that I have another 3-4 months to wait? Great. This process is getting ridiculous.
                Geo- Florida
                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                Qual- GS 7
                TSL- 2/28/14
                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Arroz con pollo View Post
                  @ MangoMan

Your situation in regards to the poly seems to be a common one. Your results will be sent to QC where they will be evaluated by another polygraph examiner. If he concurs with the original examiner then chances are that you will not be moving forward. If they deem your results inconclusive then you will be contacted for another evaluation. Let the process play itself out. This is the only part of the hiring process that we as applicants have zero control over.
                  Thanks Pollo, I'll be finding out within the month what they say.

And agreed, its the one portion we have no control over and thats what makes it so frustrating.

Comment

• I did mine 04/15/2014 and I still haven't heard anything. I called and emailed and all they told me was I am still being processed.

Originally posted by chuco915 View Post
                    Took my medical on 03-25-2014. I received my email that I passed PFA-1 but still havnt received word on my medical. On CASS it says it is in medical review. Its been over 4 months and still awaiting my medical to pass on CASS. I contacted MHC and they said they are backlogged on the medical and I should be seeing something shortly. Anyone else having this issue? I have read that others have received a letter about their medical status for possible correction. Thank you!
                    Test taken-08/30/2013
                    NOR-09/04/2013 (84 non vet)
                    Changed location-02/20/2014
                    Medical-04/15/2014 (still waiting)
                    PT1-04/15/2014 passed
                    VBT & SI-05/14/2014 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by CbpBoricua View Post
                      Did you pass? Where did you had to go?
                      I have it on Wednesday which is tomorrow...and I live in Orlando so I have to go to Tampa and take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
                        Well supposedly my results show a failure and hes sending that to quality control to see if they approve another test..

Wow.. just wow

If anyone has any information on what steps I can take now please let me know

I feel like garbage

I know that feeling and its horrible, but you have to think of it on the positive side...if it's meant to be then it's meant to be... I have my poly tomorrow and I will admit im alittle nervous but not thinking of it to much...

Comment

• Kris, where in Tampa are you taking your f poly? I live in Clearwater and ill be happy if its in Tampa. That way I don't have to drive all the way to Orlando.

who's conducting your poly? Is it USSS?
                          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                          02/28/14-TSL Received
                          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                          07/01/14-VBT/SI
                          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                            So what you are saying is that I have another 3-4 months to wait? Great. This process is getting ridiculous.
                            Depending on when your file was forwarded to the actual Medical review officer, it is a 6-8 week backlog as of 10 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                              Kris, where in Tampa are you taking your f poly? I live in Clearwater and ill be happy if its in Tampa. That way I don't have to drive all the way to Orlando.

who's conducting your poly? Is it USSS?
                              Its in downtown tampa ybor city I believe... I don't really know who is conducting the poly but its in a U.S. Customs buiding so it might be CBP

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                                Depending on when your file was forwarded to the actual Medical review officer, it is a 6-8 week backlog as of 10 days ago.
                                So I guess I am at least another 6 months out. I have really fallen behind others that took the test at the same time I did. I think I'm not going to worry about it as much anymore. If I hear something then great, but I am not one of the younger people on here. Time isn't really on my side.
                                Geo- Florida
                                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                                Qual- GS 7
                                TSL- 2/28/14
                                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6293 users online. 238 members and 6055 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X