300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shell_Back View Post
    Got my TSL on Saturday (8/2). Didn't give me my actual duty location, just Central East Coast so far. Guess that will be determined at a later date.
    Once you got through the whole process and they give you a call to offer you the job, that is when they give you specific locations.
    Geo: SWB
    CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
    NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
    TSL - 01/31/14
    Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
    VBT/SI - 02/28/14
    BI - 03/15/14
    Poly - 04/30/14
    BI Cleared - 06/24/14
    Drug Test - 06/26/14
    The Call - 06/26/14
    PFT 2 - 07/11/14
    EOD - 07/14/14
    Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• catanz22 are you from AZ? If so which city?

Originally posted by Catanz22 View Post
      I have until tomorrow morning to choose if I'm going to go cbpo or BPA. I was offered
      ARIZONA
      Ajo
      Douglas
      Naco
      Nogales
      3 points
      TEXAS
      Alpine
      Paura?
      Van horn
      Racketville
      Carco springs?
      Delrio
      Pepperville
      Laredo north south and west
      Lagrebas?

Sorry if the names are a little messed up I really couldn't hear well and she didn't like to spell it out

And for CBPO I was offered
      I was offered
      MAINE
      Calais
      Colburn Gore
      Holton
      Hackman
      Van buren

VERMONT
      Norton
      Derby line

Comment

• Just faxed all the documents that were requested regarding my medical. Hopefully it won't take another 4 1/2 months, but now I can go back to impatiently waiting for my green check mark next to my medical test.
        Geo- Florida
        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
        NOR- 98 10/25/13
        Qual- GS 7
        TSL- 2/28/14
        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
          Just faxed all the documents that were requested regarding my medical. Hopefully it won't take another 4 1/2 months, but now I can go back to impatiently waiting for my green check mark next to my medical test.
          Im waiting on the same thing. They requested additional information and until now, I havent heard from them.
          Geo Central East Coast
          CBPO Exam 9/20/2013
          NOR 10/24/13
          TSL 12/18/13
          Medical/PFT1 1/27/14
          VBT/SI 5/8/14
          eQIP received 9/19/14
          eQIP submitted 9/24/14
          Fingerprints submitted 9/25/14
          Case in security office 10/17/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
            Man I hate to be negative here but damn those are some crap locations. If you want BP and you want experience go Arizona but stay clear of Ajo. As for Maine I would only take Calais. Not sure of the VT ports. I am BP in Van Buren ME if you want some insight feel free to txt or call 207-498-9090. I'll warn you though it won't be much good insight lol.
            Yeah, I just googled pics of the locations in Maine, and bleh. I'm really hoping more locations open up by the time I get the call.

How long did it for everyone here to get their poly date? It's been two weeks already since I submitted my equip. I think Jade said it took her 6 weeks.
            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
            02/28/14-TSL Received
            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
            07/01/14-VBT/SI
            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
            07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
              I think Jade said it took her 6 weeks.
              Yes. I took 6 weeks for the examiner to call me, but exactly 8 weeks to do the interview coz he set it up 2 weeks later.

Comment

• Hi, I applied to the CBPO 14-2 that closed on 7/30. I was wondering how long it usually takes for the first contact via email or phone. It stated that scheduling begins on 8/28 for testing, and I figured I wouldn't hear anything until then. But I saw some previous posts about people who applied to the opening that was posted before the 14-2 one that I applied to, and that they received some sort of notification. Also, what do they check for when they check your credit report? I have bad credit still, and was wondering if that can disqualify me.
                From the previous posts I have read, seems like this hiring process is long and slow going. Has it been like this for everyone if its their first time applying?
                Thanks for any information!
                14-2 applicant
                7/28/2014: Applied
                9/10/2014: Entrance exam
                10/31/2014: NOR (90 - no vet points)
                11/18/2014: TSL
                11/21/2014: TSL Packet Received
                1/15/2015: VBT/SI
                1/16/2015: EQIP due
                1/22/2015: PFT 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicole_DeForest View Post
                  Hi, I applied to the CBPO 14-2 that closed on 7/30. I was wondering how long it usually takes for the first contact via email or phone. It stated that scheduling begins on 8/28 for testing, and I figured I wouldn't hear anything until then. But I saw some previous posts about people who applied to the opening that was posted before the 14-2 one that I applied to, and that they received some sort of notification. Also, what do they check for when they check your credit report? I have bad credit still, and was wondering if that can disqualify me.
                  From the previous posts I have read, seems like this hiring process is long and slow going. Has it been like this for everyone if its their first time applying?
                  They don't check your credit history until they start your background investigation, and yes it can disqualify you if you have bad credit I believe. The process is very long and frustrating. Good luck
                  Geo- Florida
                  CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                  NOR- 98 10/25/13
                  Qual- GS 7
                  TSL- 2/28/14
                  PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                  VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                  VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                  BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                  BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                  BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                    They don't check your credit history until they start your background investigation, and yes it can disqualify you if you have bad credit I believe. The process is very long and frustrating. Good luck
                    Keyword here being, CAN, but just because you have bad credit does not mean they will automatically disqualify you. You will havea chance to explain your situation to the background investigator. If you have any outstanding collections I would pay those off ASAP. Late payments and what not can usually be explained if you play your cards right. But again if you have anything that needs to be paid or anything that is in bad standing and still open then start taking care of those first.

Comment

• Thanks Josh and Ocsk8er!
                      14-2 applicant
                      7/28/2014: Applied
                      9/10/2014: Entrance exam
                      10/31/2014: NOR (90 - no vet points)
                      11/18/2014: TSL
                      11/21/2014: TSL Packet Received
                      1/15/2015: VBT/SI
                      1/16/2015: EQIP due
                      1/22/2015: PFT 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicole_DeForest View Post
                        Hi, I applied to the CBPO 14-2 that closed on 7/30. I was wondering how long it usually takes for the first contact via email or phone. It stated that scheduling begins on 8/28 for testing, and I figured I wouldn't hear anything until then. But I saw some previous posts about people who applied to the opening that was posted before the 14-2 one that I applied to, and that they received some sort of notification. Also, what do they check for when they check your credit report? I have bad credit still, and was wondering if that can disqualify me.
                        Nicole,
                        While bad credit can be a disqualifier due to the potential of blackmail or coercion, keep in mind that during your background investigation they are looking at the "whole person," meaning they take everything into account (personal conduct in social & work environment, financial, criminal, etc.). But it sounds like you have some time before you get to that point. What I recommend is getting a plan (e.g. payment plan) together to start fixing any financial issues you have. Take a course on managing debt or credit counseling. This shows that you are taking a proactive and responsible approach to correcting the issue. It is important that you can prove mitigating factors (e.g. an isolated incident or the behavior was not recent) and what you've done/doing to make it better.
                        If you want details on adjudicative guidelines this website is usefull (http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html ). The government uses them for granting security clearances but the guidelines are pretty much the same.

I hope I was able to help a bit.

CBPO 14-1
                        Geo: Southwest
                        Test: 06/12/2014
                        NOR: 07/14/2014
                        Referred: 07/22/2014
                        TSL: 08/01/2014 - GS07
                        Med/PFT1: 08/22/2014 (Pending/Passed)
                        VBT & SI: 09/16/2014 (Scheduled)
                        Polygraph: Not scheduled yet

Comment

• No I'm from boston

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                            Boricuaaa!!
                            Desde Aguadilla, Puerto Rico in the house ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pmartinez90 View Post
                              Anybody from puerto rico????
                              Desde Aguadilla, Puerto Rico ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aguadillano View Post
                                Desde Aguadilla, Puerto Rico ;-)
                                Hey turn your PM on

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7836 users online. 245 members and 7591 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X