Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Catanz22 View Post
    I got the call today for BPA and CBPO. I don't know which to take. Does anyone have any info on derby line VT? What's it like there? What's a typical work day, how's OT, anything else you could tell me would be appreciated

    Watch at 38:40

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c-Y...e_gdata_player

    Comment


    • Originally posted by emack23 View Post
      Recent academy grad here if anyone has any questions regarding the academy shoot me a pm. A few things to note for anyone heading down to glynco soon, I had a blast down there it was a relief seeing trainees walk around fletc with alcohol on hand I was used to artesia where that was a big no-no. We had two failures for our final PT test but they were give a second chance and passed apparently our class is the first to be afforded that opportunity. Trainees no longer have to wear body armor throughout the duration of the academy only during firearms and tactics, the plus side for that is you get to wear the cool looking outer carrier another first from our class although I believe the class after us deserves the credit for fighting for that. My biggest regret was not having a car while I was down there but it was good thing being friends with those who did. All in all it was a fun experience enjoy your time out there but try not to party too much. And if you have someone waiting for you at home be smart about who you associate yourself with. Stay safe!
      what class were you?
      Last edited by friscovirus; 08-01-2014, 07:33 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
        It's never a good idea walking around with alcohol in hand, not if you want to have a smooth right in this job.
        I don't disagree with you but the point I was trying to make was coming from artesia it was a relief to know we're entrusted by FLETC staff and Session Supervisors to act like adults.
        Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
        Are you prior PA?
        Yes I went through BP academy and got called for OFO.
        Originally posted by trevnation7187 View Post
        These hoes ain't loyal I guess.
        Oh you have no idea, lol. Apparently Tinder is the app of choice down there.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by emack23 View Post
          Recent academy grad here if anyone has any questions regarding the academy shoot me a pm. A few things to note for anyone heading down to glynco soon, I had a blast down there it was a relief seeing trainees walk around fletc with alcohol on hand I was used to artesia where that was a big no-no. We had two failures for our final PT test but they were give a second chance and passed apparently our class is the first to be afforded that opportunity. Trainees no longer have to wear body armor throughout the duration of the academy only during firearms and tactics, the plus side for that is you get to wear the cool looking outer carrier another first from our class although I believe the class after us deserves the credit for fighting for that. My biggest regret was not having a car while I was down there but it was good thing being friends with those who did. All in all it was a fun experience enjoy your time out there but try not to party too much. And if you have someone waiting for you at home be smart about who you associate yourself with. Stay safe!
          Did they move to the ipads instead of books in your class?
          Geo - East Texas
          Exam date - 9/7/2013
          NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
          TSL - 11/27/2014
          PFT1 - 12/27/2014
          VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
          EQIP - 1/18/2014
          Credit check - 2/4/2014
          GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
          Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
          Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
          Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
          Drug Test - 6/26/2014
          PFT2 - 7/10/2014
          EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
          FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
          CBP Session #359 Guidon
          Awarded Physical Training Award

          Comment


          • Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
            what class were you?
            347
            Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
            Did they move to the ipads instead of books in your class?
            No when I was in pre academy one of the new grads was in the pilot class for that but FLETC staff have mentioned they're looking to shift to the ipads.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by emack23 View Post
              I don't disagree with you but the point I was trying to make was coming from artesia it was a relief to know we're entrusted by FLETC staff and Session Supervisors to act like adults.

              Yes I went through BP academy and got called for OFO.

              Oh you have no idea, lol. Apparently Tinder is the app of choice down there.
              Nice. Congrats. I am also BP. Did you have to go through all steps of the hiring process for OFO? Or were you able to skip certain steps?

              Comment


              • emack23, oh did you graduate this Tuesday or Wednesday? i remember seeing some CBPO with 07/31 on their badges

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                  Nice. Congrats. I am also BP. Did you have to go through all steps of the hiring process for OFO? Or were you able to skip certain steps?
                  Yes everything including a poly which I didn't have to do for BP. Although it won't take as long compared to someone from another agency or fresh off the street.
                  Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                  emack23, oh did you graduate this Tuesday or Wednesday? i remember seeing some CBPO with 07/31 on their badges
                  Yes we also have a few staying for Spanish.

                  Comment


                  • yeah classes are full of prior BP guys

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by emack23 View Post
                      Yes everything including a poly which I didn't have to do for BP. Although it won't take as long compared to someone from another agency or fresh off the street.

                      Yes we also have a few staying for Spanish.
                      Wow. That's pretty shi**y that they made you go through all that crap again. How long did it take you if you don't mind me asking?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                        yeah classes are full of prior BP guys
                        Yea I know there are quite a few jumping ship....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                          yeah classes are full of prior BP guys
                          I have heard of possible condensed academy for prior BP guys, but since that actually makes sense for the gov to save some cash, it probably won't happen.

                          Comment


                          • Future I am in class 358.

                            Emack which dorm were you in and how was it?
                            Geo: SWB
                            CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                            NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                            TSL - 01/31/14
                            Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                            VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                            BI - 03/15/14
                            Poly - 04/30/14
                            BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                            Drug Test - 06/26/14
                            The Call - 06/26/14
                            PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                            EOD - 07/14/14
                            Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                              Future I am in class 358.

                              Emack which dorm were you in and how was it?
                              Bldg 275 the room was small but sufficient and you shared a bathroom.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pmartinez90 View Post
                                CBP Officer applicant,

                                Congratulations! You are being referred for selection under vacancy announcement CBPO 14-1. Please continue to monitor your e-mail as we will be sending additional correspondence within the next 10 days.

                                Due to the number of applicants needed for future vacancies, a new CBP Officer announcement (CBPO 14-2) will open tomorrow, July 23rd. Re-applying to the new announcement (CBPO 14-2) does not guarantee a new referral. If you receive a new referral and selection under CBPO 14-2 it will overwrite your current referral for CBPO 14-1.

                                Thank you,

                                Has anyone recieved the email yet? This is day 8 (july 30)

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7964 users online. 417 members and 7547 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X