• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trevnation7187 View Post
    Anyone have an idea how long orientation is when you get hired
    approximately 1 to 1.5 months

Comment

• Originally posted by Catanz22 View Post
      Hey guys just an update. My background cleared yesterday and I was called for a drug test today. I'm a northeast applicant that applied in august 2013
      They're hiring for Buffalo, Alex Bay, Massena, Champlain, Vermont, and Maine

Comment

Out of those options what would you recommended or would you defer?
        Deferring is a dangerous option, especially if you want upstate NY. I would take what you can get... if you defer, they might call you 2 months later and only offer you some **** hole in Vermont like Beecher Falls, Norton, or Richford. Hours away from civilization, and you'll never get out of there.
        Last edited by 4GodnCntry; 07-30-2014, 06:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
          Deferring is a dangerous option, especially if you want upstate NY. I would take what you can get... if you defer, they might call you 2 months later and only offer you some **** hole in Vermont like Beecher Falls, Norton, or Richford. Hours away from civilization, and you'll never get out of there.
          Do you foresee Boston being called anytime soon? I know they are understaffed I spoke with a few cbpos that work there. If I was called for both cbpo and BPA I think id take BPA if only smaller ports were offered

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
            Federal government "Days" go by business work week days minus official Holidays. So we still have until August 4th or 5th technically.
            True, but they will usually throw the "business days" in there. Plus most of our eligibility dates expire on either the 1st or the 3rd of August and according to MHC they have to send out the TSL by that date. So I would imagine we will be seeing an email(TSL) by Friday.

Comment

Do you foresee Boston being called anytime soon? I know they are understaffed I spoke with a few cbpos that work there. If I was called for both cbpo and BPA I think id take BPA if only smaller ports were offered
              Boston isn't a large port by any measure and smaller than many NE land ports. I wouldn't expect to see more than a handful of Boston hires.

Comment

• Just an update guys.

Day 1 - paper work, small tour. Met the port director and chiefs.
                Day 2 - more paper work. Computer access granted.
                Day 3 today - range day!

So far everyone has been super cool and supportive. Took us in like family.
                Encouraged everyone to ask questions and told us they want us to succeed. Very cool so far.

CBPO Houston
                Geo - East Texas
                Exam date - 9/7/2013
                NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                TSL - 11/27/2014
                PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                EQIP - 1/18/2014
                Credit check - 2/4/2014
                GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                CBP Session #359 Guidon
                Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                  Just an update guys.

Day 1 - paper work, small tour. Met the port director and chiefs.
                  Day 2 - more paper work. Computer access granted.
                  Day 3 today - range day!

So far everyone has been super cool and supportive. Took us in like family.
                  Encouraged everyone to ask questions and told us they want us to succeed. Very cool so far.

CBPO Houston

That's awesome to hear man! I've been doing VLCs for the past two weeks haha. How many are in your group? It's eight of us here, 4 in the same class, but they definitely become part of your family as the days go by. The academy is going to be great!

Fun note. One of the guys left last week for the academy and he called us saying it's so hot and humid and that he couldn't finish the mile and a half because he wasn't acclimated yet. He's in pretty good shape (12:05 time) so that was surprising.
                  Geo: SWB
                  CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                  NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                  TSL - 01/31/14
                  Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                  VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                  BI - 03/15/14
                  Poly - 04/30/14
                  BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                  Drug Test - 06/26/14
                  The Call - 06/26/14
                  PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                  EOD - 07/14/14
                  Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
                    Federal government "Days" go by business work week days minus official Holidays. So we still have until August 4th or 5th technically.
                    According to my NOR email my eligibility expires on 08/08/2014. Hopefully we can hear something before then.
                    NYPD Exam #4329
                    TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Is anyone else still waiting on their medical? I have tried to call and email them but they never call back or email back.
                      Test taken-08/30/2013
                      NOR-09/04/2013 (84 non vet)
                      Changed location-02/20/2014
                      Medical-04/15/2014 (still waiting)
                      PT1-04/15/2014 passed
                      VBT & SI-05/14/2014 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by scdo32 View Post
                        Is anyone else still waiting on their medical? I have tried to call and email them but they never call back or email back.
                        I received an email last week asking for more information regarding something from when I was like 4 years old. My Dr should have all the paperwork, that they sent, filled out for my by tomorrow plus he dictated me a letter saying I am perfectly healthy. I'm ready to get the documents submitted and hope it doesn't take another 4 months to clear my medical. Then I can finally start my background investigation.
                        Geo- Florida
                        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                        NOR- 98 10/25/13
                        Qual- GS 7
                        TSL- 2/28/14
                        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
                          They're hiring for Buffalo, Alex Bay, Massena, Champlain, Vermont, and Maine
                          Im also a NE applicant... what about Pittsburgh? any word if there hiring??

Comment

I have no information in regards to hiring/staffing at Boston.

At the end of the day, its your decision on which position you take. Just realize if you take the Border Patrol route, you're stuck on the southwest border for years. It is way, way more difficult for BP Agents to transfer to the northern border compared to CBP Officers. That is why so many BP Agents are going blue.

You can always accept the Border Patrol gig and then reapply to the CBP Officer position in the future. You'd definitely gain a lot of experience that way. But if location is most important to you, and you want Boston...then I would concentrate on your northeast application for CBP Officer.
                            Last edited by 4GodnCntry; 07-31-2014, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                              Im also a NE applicant... what about Pittsburgh? any word if there hiring??
                              I have no information in regards to hiring/staffing for Pittsburgh. It is probably quite difficult to get, but not impossible seeing as CBP is hiring nationwide.

Comment

• I haven't seen anything as far hiring officers in Connecticut why is that?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10818 users online. 447 members and 10371 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X