• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
    Bad news for me fellas...

Today I received a NOPA in the mail.
    Sad, very, very sad.
    It says that there are 2 bankruptcies in my credit report.
    I am only 21 years old and never ever even had a credit card in my life. I called trans union and experian and they say they see nothing on my report and trans union is going to send a certified letter pointing out this situation.
    I am really discouraged at this point.
    I cannot believe that a federal agency conducting a credit report cannot infer that this is wrong and rather put me in the disqualification chamber.

Good luck guys..
    What the other guy said about having a common name... You are entitled to one free credit report every year. Request your free credit report. It should have your most recent address. That along with your ssn should verify your identity. I would forward the copy of the credit report to IA with a respectful letter, indicating that this is your actual correct credit report.

I'm not sure but if you never applied for anything you may not even have a credit report and in that case I don't know what to suggest. But I know you can't be the first person without a credit report.

Comment

• Hi USG,
      I wasn't special but my case was special and warranted exemption. I first came to US as a permanent resident at age of 27. Hence i wasnt obliged to register. I have given them all supporting documents; my birth cert, foreign pasport with date of entry etc etc. It's really baffling what will really keep it this long to come to a conclusion on this matter. I am still hopeful it will be sooner than later though.
      thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by wllyblack View Post
        Hi USG,
        I wasn't special but my case was special and warranted exemption. I first came to US as a permanent resident at age of 27. Hence i wasnt obliged to register. I have given them all supporting documents; my birth cert, foreign pasport with date of entry etc etc. It's really baffling what will really keep it this long to come to a conclusion on this matter. I am still hopeful it will be sooner than later though.
        thanks
        Given those circumstances I really hope they breakdown the situation and come to their senses. Sometimes I think they go with the path of least resistance. i.e. Guilty...until you prove yourself innocent. Being that you became peranent resident at 27 I would assume that you have more knowledge with other foreign regions and speak another language. That is a huge benefit and one that the Feds want. Goodluck!
        Geo: West Coast
        Applied: 7-1-13
        Tested: 8-3-13
        NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
        Tentative Select: 12-16-13
        Medical: 12-30-13
        Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
        VBT & SI: 3-17-14
        Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
        Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
        Background finished: 6-10-14
        Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
        Drug Test: 8-13-14
        The Call: 08-20-14
        PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
        EOD: 9-22-2014
        Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
          Bad news for me fellas...

Today I received a NOPA in the mail.
          Sad, very, very sad.
          It says that there are 2 bankruptcies in my credit report.
          I am only 21 years old and never ever even had a credit card in my life. I called trans union and experian and they say they see nothing on my report and trans union is going to send a certified letter pointing out this situation.
          I am really discouraged at this point.
          I cannot believe that a federal agency conducting a credit report cannot infer that this is wrong and rather put me in the disqualification chamber.

Good luck guys..

Appeal...deny the agency's findings and hit up the agency with a copy of the documentation from the credit bureaus. This is a NOPA you ought to easily win...providing there's not more to the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennymac777 View Post
            Anyone that's gone through the process, if you make it through how accommodating is CBP with your first duty station? My wife and I are trying to move to Dallas to be closer to her family. Any of the other locations in East Texas wouldn't really work for us. Any info would be appreciated.
            Don't expect the agency to bend at all for you.

Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll be offering Dallas...and maybe not.

Comment

• My buddy just applied for the announcement. Would he get a test date email in a few days or when the announcement closes?
              Geo: SWB
              CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
              NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
              TSL - 01/31/14
              Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
              VBT/SI - 02/28/14
              BI - 03/15/14
              Poly - 04/30/14
              BI Cleared - 06/24/14
              Drug Test - 06/26/14
              The Call - 06/26/14
              PFT 2 - 07/11/14
              EOD - 07/14/14
              Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                My buddy just applied for the announcement. Would he get a test date email in a few days or when the announcement closes?
                After the announcement closes
                Announcement: 14-1
                Geo: Central East Coast
                NOR: 07/14/14
                TSL: 08/01/14
                eQip: 08/08/14
                PFT1: 08/20/14
                MED: 08/20/14
                VBT & STI: 09/02/14
                Poly:
                BI:
                Drug test:

Comment

• Thanks Cloud and 4God
                  Poly:
                  BI:
                  Drug test:

Comment

• Anyone have an idea how long orientation is when you get hired

Comment

• Originally posted by trevnation7187 View Post
                      Anyone have an idea how long orientation is when you get hired
                      Like after you receive the call and you have your first day of EOD? My orientation was over two days of paperwork, tours, etc. The past two weeks I've been doing PowerPoint and classroom work until I leave on the 13th.
                      Geo: SWB
                      CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                      NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                      TSL - 01/31/14
                      Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                      VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                      BI - 03/15/14
                      Poly - 04/30/14
                      BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                      Drug Test - 06/26/14
                      The Call - 06/26/14
                      PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                      EOD - 07/14/14
                      Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

Like after you receive the call and you have your first day of EOD? My orientation was over two days of paperwork, tours, etc. The past two weeks I've been doing PowerPoint and classroom work until I leave on the 13th.
                        Yea I report august 25th to my duty station which is alexandria bay. Anyone willing to switch with me contact me.. I want buffalo. Anyways i was wondering if I had to find a place to live for a month b4 I report the the academy.. What does eod mean lol

Comment

• Originally posted by trevnation7187 View Post
                          Yea I report august 25th to my duty station which is alexandria bay. Anyone willing to switch with me contact me.. I want buffalo. Anyways i was wondering if I had to find a place to live for a month b4 I report the the academy.. What does eod mean lol
                          Entry On Duty
                          Poly:
                          BI:
                          Drug test:

Comment

• hey guys, anybody has the email address to IA? PM me if you'd rather.
                            Last edited by Jade78; 07-29-2014, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wllyblack View Post
                              Hi USG,
                              thanks
                              You have to realize that everything within the government takes time, especially when it involves one federal agency contacting another. So sit back, hurry up and wait

Comment

My buddy just applied for the announcement. Would he get a test date email in a few days or when the announcement closes?
                                Not sure how quick they turn around and give applicants test dates. I imagine it should be fairly quick though, seeing as there is supposed to be over 600 testing sites for the newly formatted test. Back in 2011, applicants chose their test dates as they were completing the initial application on USAJOBS.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5373 users online. 202 members and 5171 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X