300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
    I've been trying to get a head start on the e-QIP by using the SF86 form on OPM's file and had a few questions for y'all that have done the e-QIP:

1. How long did it take you?
    2. If you're a dual citizen, should you renounce your foreign citizenship now or later in the process when given the documentation?
    3. Is the e-QIP easier to fill out than the SF86? (This is taking a lot longer than I expected but I'm starting at least 5 months in advance so I'm not too worried.)
    4. Any tips on e-QIP?
    Takes a while and be honest. In regards to citizenship, probably depends where else you're a citizen?

Comment

I've been trying to get a head start on the e-QIP by using the SF86 form on OPM's file and had a few questions for y'all that have done the e-QIP:

1. How long did it take you?
      2. If you're a dual citizen, should you renounce your foreign citizenship now or later in the process when given the documentation?
      3. Is the e-QIP easier to fill out than the SF86? (This is taking a lot longer than I expected but I'm starting at least 5 months in advance so I'm not too worried.)
      4. Any tips on e-QIP?
      Are you sure that this is what you have to do in order to renounce foreign citizenship? I don't understand why you would have to go through the state department in order to renounce another country's citizenship. These sound like instructions needed to renounce US citizenship.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
        Are you sure that this is what you have to do in order to renounce foreign citizenship? I don't understand why you would have to go through the state department in order to renounce another country's citizenship. These sound like instructions needed to renounce US citizenship.
        It's striaght from the Lebanese Embassy's website: http://www.lebanonembassyus.org/renu...tizenship.html

I have not been back there since 2006 and have little connection to the country. I'll call HR if I move forward in the process and ask. I have no problem doing it.
        Geo: West Coast
        CBPO Exam: June 2014
        NOR: July 2014
        TSL: August 2014
        eQIP Sent: August 2014
        Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
        VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
        Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• Took a little over a month to be called for the drug test after my bi submitted my application

Comment

• I sure hope you don't have to renounce citizenship. Because I'd rather pull out of the process than do that.
            Geo - Central East Coast
            CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
            NOR - 10/24/2013
            TSL - 1/30/2014
            VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
            PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
            VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
            eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
              I sure hope you don't have to renounce citizenship. Because I'd rather pull out of the process than do that.
              I'm almost 100% sure you can't hold a dual citizenship and work for most government agencies. US doesn't even recognize dual citizenship. You have to be one or the other, and if you are the other you aren't eligible to work for CBP.

Comment

• I saw some of you got the text from CBP yesterday, the "MHC Text Messaging". I guess they were a little delayed on mine, just got it this morning. Just curious, what is the point of the messaging service if they are going to send all updates via email anyway?
                CBPO 14-1
                Geo: Central East Coast
                Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
                Referred: 07/22/2014
                TSL: 08/02/2014
                Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
                Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
                VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
                BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
                PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
                FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                  I'm almost 100% sure you can't hold a dual citizenship and work for most government agencies. US doesn't even recognize dual citizenship. You have to be one or the other, and if you are the other you aren't eligible to work for CBP.
                  NOT TRUE.....and the US does now recognize dual citizenship however they do not favor it as a matter of policy. I do know a PA that retired not long ago that was a dual citizen of US and Canada. With that being said you may have issues down the road when/if you need to obtain a secret or top secret security clearance. Contrary to popular belief, Officers/Agents are usually only hired with a confidential security clearance which I don't believe having dual citizenship will hinder. In either case I don't believe you will have to renounce your citizenship, but you should call and confirm with someone soon......

Comment

• Originally posted by Shell_Back View Post
                    I saw some of you got the text from CBP yesterday, the "MHC Text Messaging". I guess they were a little delayed on mine, just got it this morning. Just curious, what is the point of the messaging service if they are going to send all updates via email anyway?
                    Probably to ensure you check your Spam Inbox as some emails can make there way there and be official emails.

Comment

• Just passed my PFT2, I failed 2 years ago. Re-applied, went through a lot of the process again.
                      I EOD On Aug 11, FLETC from Sept 9 - Jan 22. Anyone else going to be down there?
                      EOD - 08/2014
                      FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                      DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

It's striaght from the Lebanese Embassy's website: http://www.lebanonembassyus.org/renu...tizenship.html
                        I have not been back there since 2006 and have little connection to the country. I'll call HR if I move forward in the process and ask. I have no problem doing it.
                        Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                        Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
                        I sure hope you don't have to renounce citizenship. Because I'd rather pull out of the process than do that.
                        While the United States won't force you to renounce your other citizenship for CBP, there's a section in SF-86 asking about your other passports especially if you were born overseas, they ask if you have a dual citizenship if I remember correctly. Also, when you do polygraph interview, you are asked if you have ties with other foreign government, and having another citizenship is technically those ties. When you meet with your BI, (s)he will ask you same questions. So even you are not directly asked to renounce it, having another citizenship means that you are not fully loyal to the US and thus cannot serve at her government. So no, if you have a dual citizenship then you are disqualified from this position.

Originally posted by trevnation7187 View Post
                        Took a little over a month to be called for the drug test after my bi submitted my application
                        Awesome, I feel better now coz my case has been there for 3 weeks now. I pray that I hear something soon.

Comment

Never was fired from a job. Experimented with cannabis back in my early teenage years (04 to 07) only during some summer and winter breaks (I can't remember the exact breaks or number of times); had a gap of about 2 years but last I used it was once in 2009. I'm way past that phase in my life. Never did or ever wanted to be near/involved with any drugs other than cannabis.
                          Drug history goes back 7 years on the equip, BUT during the poly, the examiner will make you go back throughout your entire life.
                          Last edited by cur679; 07-25-2014, 11:42 AM.
                          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                          02/28/14-TSL Received
                          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                          07/01/14-VBT/SI
                          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                            NOT TRUE.....and the US does now recognize dual citizenship however they do not favor it as a matter of policy. I do know a PA that retired not long ago that was a dual citizen of US and Canada. With that being said you may have issues down the road when/if you need to obtain a secret or top secret security clearance. Contrary to popular belief, Officers/Agents are usually only hired with a confidential security clearance which I don't believe having dual citizenship will hinder. In either case I don't believe you will have to renounce your citizenship, but you should call and confirm with someone soon......
                            I'm not doubting the fact that a PA held dual citizenship. However, I'm highly doubting the fact that the agency was aware of it. I'm a Fed LEO with ICE and when I was sworn in, I pledged allegiance to the US. It's a conflict of interest to pledge allegiance to the US but be a citizen of another country. Furthermore, when he became a naturalized USC he was supposed to renounce his current citizenship. http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/...states-america

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen..." Excerpt from the naturalization oath.

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                              Drug history goes back 7 years on the equip, BUT during the poly, the examiner will make you go back throughout your entire life.
                              That's fine by me. Majority of use was in teenage years. I'm well beyond those times and will be as clear as possible come poly time. I just can't remember every single detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                                I'm not doubting the fact that a PA held dual citizenship. However, I'm highly doubting the fact that the agency was aware of it. I'm a Fed LEO with ICE and when I was sworn in, I pledged allegiance to the US. It's a conflict of interest to pledge allegiance to the US but be a citizen of another country. Furthermore, when he became a naturalized USC he was supposed to renounce his current citizenship. http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/...states-america

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen..." Excerpt from the naturalization oath.
                                Yes I remember that oath and loved taking it. I'll do it again and again.

I'll get in contact with CBP HR to see what I need to do. As for my previous citizenship, the rep at the embassy told me that "even of you sworn in as a US citizen you're still a citizen". And she also told me that they get this more often than usual and is an easy process to renounce past citizenship with the proper documentation.

I figured because many FLEO agencies would need people who grew up around Arabic. Partly the reason why some CBPOs I know told me to apply because that's a big plus I suppose.
                                Last edited by UNLVegas; 07-25-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10064 users online. 339 members and 9725 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X