Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=perpwatcher;3499739]
    Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post

At this point I rather start the process over. I wasn't comfortable with taking a location I know I wasn't going to be happy with.
    Just realize you're going to have to retake the written test too. Anyone that took the test prior to announcement 14-1 has to retake the test because it is a computer based format. Says it right in the announcement
    Last edited by 4GodnCntry; 07-24-2014, 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
      The supervisory officers you met during your SI have nothing to do with the decision making regarding your interview. Your file and supporting interview documentation will be forwarded to MHC for a panel review and they will make the final determination.
      Not true, they pretty much know right away whether you pass or not. I MAY know from experience

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
        So I completed my application last night and reviewed it this morning again and accidentally hit change my answers, Therefore, my app read incomplete so I went back in and hit save to complete it. Would this affect proccessing at all.
        No.

Comment

• Originally posted by optimuscess View Post
          Question. I failed my pft2 in january and reapplied/tested in June. Scored a 98 got referral email what happens next? Will my previous steps transfer over. I completed everything just got to the pft2 and bombed better prepared this time.
          I honestly do not know if there is a time limit you have to wait. If there is, I doubt it is 3 years like failing the poly. Call MHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by trevnation7187 View Post
            Passed backround and just took the drug test.
            Congrats, good news. How long it took you application at the adjudication part?

Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
            We had 11 applicants and it seem we all got called to the actual interview and everyone got the paper talking about the PFT2. crossing fingers it would be a bummer to find out I failed. I be checking my mailbox every other day as well.
            Thanks.
            I was the only one that day. you are okay, get ready and gather info for your eqip if you havnet done so yet.

Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
            Not true, they pretty much know right away whether you pass or not. I MAY know from experience
            You may know by experience..... Would you please let me know what kind of experience you have? I might have a question or two for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by trevnation7187 View Post
              Passed backround and just took the drug test.
              pack your bags and get ready for a call kid

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                Congrats, good news. How long it took you application at the adjudication part?

I was the only one that day. you are okay, get ready and gather info for your eqip if you havnet done so yet.

You may know by experience..... Would you please let me know what kind of experience you have? I might have a question or two for you.
                send me a private message

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
                  Would you be able to say if that mean I have a good chance or not.
                  Keep in mind they told the same to the other applicants 11 that day.

That day we have all kind of applicant from BP, coast guard and theacher you name it. I don't think we all fail. But who knows.

Comment

• I've been trying to get a head start on the e-QIP by using the SF86 form on OPM's file and had a few questions for y'all that have done the e-QIP:

1. How long did it take you?
                    2. If you're a dual citizen, should you renounce your foreign citizenship now or later in the process when given the documentation?
                    3. Is the e-QIP easier to fill out than the SF86? (This is taking a lot longer than I expected but I'm starting at least 5 months in advance so I'm not too worried.)
                    4. Any tips on e-QIP?
                    Geo: West Coast
                    CBPO Exam: June 2014
                    NOR: July 2014
                    TSL: August 2014
                    eQIP Sent: August 2014
                    Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                    VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                    Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• Disregard this.
                      Last edited by Kattle; 07-24-2014, 11:58 PM.
                      Geo: SWB
                      CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                      NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                      TSL - 01/31/14
                      Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                      VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                      BI - 03/15/14
                      Poly - 04/30/14
                      BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                      Drug Test - 06/26/14
                      The Call - 06/26/14
                      PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                      EOD - 07/14/14
                      Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
                        I've been trying to get a head start on the e-QIP by using the SF86 form on OPM's file and had a few questions for y'all that have done the e-QIP:

1. How long did it take you?
                        2. If you're a dual citizen, should you renounce your foreign citizenship now or later in the process when given the documentation?
                        3. Is the e-QIP easier to fill out than the SF86? (This is taking a lot longer than I expected but I'm starting at least 5 months in advance so I'm not too worried.)
                        4. Any tips on e-QIP?
                        The e-qip took me a few hours over the course of a few days. It is pretty long but all I can say is be completely honest and open. If you did drugs admit it. If you were fired from a job admit it. It'll make going to the polygraph a lot easier. You don't want to say stuff at the polygraph and have them ask why you didn't include it on the e-qip. As for the dual citizenship I would call or email them or perhaps Merlin could give you advice. Good luck!
                        TSL - 01/31/14
                        Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                        VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                        BI - 03/15/14
                        Poly - 04/30/14
                        BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                        Drug Test - 06/26/14
                        The Call - 06/26/14
                        PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                        EOD - 07/14/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                          The e-qip took me a few hours over the course of a few days. It is pretty long but all I can say is be completely honest and open. If you did drugs admit it. If you were fired from a job admit it. It'll make going to the polygraph a lot easier. You don't want to say stuff at the polygraph and have them ask why you didn't include it on the e-qip. As for the dual citizenship I would call or email them or perhaps Merlin could give you advice. Good luck!
                          Never was fired from a job. Experimented with cannabis back in my early teenage years (04 to 07) only during some summer and winter breaks (I can't remember the exact breaks or number of times); had a gap of about 2 years but last I used it was once in 2009. I'm way past that phase in my life. Never did or ever wanted to be near/involved with any drugs other than cannabis.

The thing is for my dual citizenship, I have no need for it. The only reason I haven't renounce is because I have to do the following:
                          1. Have a written notarized request endorsed by the Secretary of State and State Department including the reasons to renounce. (which I guess CBPO would be a perfect reason to do so)
                          2. Send my original passport and copies of the passport (this somewhere at my parents place)
                          3. Pay $350 (I need the money for my needs now and don't pay any taxes to the country)
                          4. A letter from the U.S. authorities stating the reason of the request of renunciation (again I guess CBPO would be a perfect reason to do so)

Thank you for the tips though Kattle.
                          Last edited by UNLVegas; 07-25-2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Another question is on the SF86 I have it's past 7 years of drug use; do you remember if that's the same for the e-QIP? And is it past 7 (or 10 or 5) from the time I submit the e-QIP or when I begin the hiring process (applied for CBPO)?

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
                              Another question is on the SF86 I have it's past 7 years of drug use; do you remember if that's the same for the e-QIP? And is it past 7 (or 10 or 5) from the time I submit the e-QIP or when I begin the hiring process (applied for CBPO)?
                              It may have been 7 but I honestly am not sure because I just marked no because it didn't apply so I glanced over it. I know for drugs anything within the past 5 years they look at pretty well. I'd say from the day of your e-qip. But if you own up to it and at the polygraph say like yeah I used it but I'm past that part of my life and Iv matured, etc etc I don't see a problem whatsoever.

A huge thing they told us during the hiring process and now at the port is Integrity. They are pounding it into us and give us examples of people that lie who are immediately fired. Where as if they had told the truth it wouldn't be as severe. Don't hide anything and be upfront with everything in the process and it will work out for you.
                              TSL - 01/31/14
                              Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                              VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                              BI - 03/15/14
                              Poly - 04/30/14
                              BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                              Drug Test - 06/26/14
                              The Call - 06/26/14
                              PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                              EOD - 07/14/14

Comment

It may have been 7 but I honestly am not sure because I just marked no because it didn't apply so I glanced over it. I know for drugs anything within the past 5 years they look at pretty well. I'd say from the day of your e-qip. But if you own up to it and at the polygraph say like yeah I used it but I'm past that part of my life and Iv matured, etc etc I don't see a problem whatsoever.

A huge thing they told us during the hiring process and now at the port is Integrity. They are pounding it into us and give us examples of people that lie who are immediately fired. Where as if they had told the truth it wouldn't be as severe. Don't hide anything and be upfront with everything in the process and it will work out for you.
                                Thanks buddy. I appreciate the info and encouragement. All that is so way behind me, so I appreciate the advice.

Now I'll keep working hard to prepare for all the next steps.

Best of luck to everyone in the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11052 users online. 402 members and 10650 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X