Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ]Well I emailed my case manager about taking a personal loan out today, which was $510, so hopefully she says I don't have to worry about now, and that I'll update that information when I meet my BI.
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
      Question.... I want to change my geo, is it too late? I now want the Florida options which include Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands and other islands?... I no longer want the west coast. Should I apply to the new opening or not? Helppppppp
      go for it. from the announcement:
      If you are currently in the hiring process or have recently applied to an entry level CBP Officer announcement; reapplying to this announcement will override your current application.

if the announcement you applied under closed, then yes it is too late.

question
      why is the hiring right now for GS 5/7 and not GL 5/7? there is a significant difference in pay
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
        ]Well I emailed my case manager about taking a personal loan out today, which was $510, so hopefully she says I don't have to worry about now, and that I'll update that information when I meet my BI.
        Do not worry about that, background investigator will go over your packet and ask you if there are any changes since you filled it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
          Why do you guys wanna leave ICE? Are you IEA or DO?
          I much doubt they are DO's. The only people that leave ICE are IEA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
            I much doubt they are DO's. The only people that leave ICE are IEA's.
            You would be surprised how many people are looking to leave..Not going to get into specifics here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            CBPO 14-1
            Geo: Central East Coast
            Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
            Referred: 07/22/2014
            TSL: 08/02/2014
            Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
            Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
            VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
            BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
            PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
            EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
            FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• Hey everyone. Looking at the CBP announcement that came out today. Just a quick question, when you pick your location preference, do you automatically go to that location? I know with other LE positions where you apply in your region but can be placed wherever they need you after the academy. Also does CBP relocate people or do you stay in one spot?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Shell_Back;3499577]You would be surprised how many people are looking to leave..Not going to get into specifics here.

Believe me, I know. But I doubt a DO will leave for CBP. Now, IEA's all day long.

Comment

• [QUOTE=BoricuaLEO;3499581]
                  Originally posted by Shell_Back View Post
                  You would be surprised how many people are looking to leave..Not going to get into specifics here.

Believe me, I know. But I doubt a DO will leave for CBP. Now, IEA's all day long.
                  Not for CBP but for other agencies. But yes, mostly IEA's are looking elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  CBPO 14-1
                  Geo: Central East Coast
                  Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
                  Referred: 07/22/2014
                  TSL: 08/02/2014
                  Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
                  Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
                  VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
                  BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
                  PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                  EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
                  FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• Any movement? My BI's been siting in the security office for a month now. I don't even feel like I'm even a candidate at this point. It's a race between this and other positions at this point! CBP might miss out if they linger!
                    Geo - Northeast
                    CBPO Exam: 10/23/13
                    NOR: 10/31/13
                    TSL: 2/28/14
                    PFT1/Medical: 3/21/14
                    Quals - GS7: 4/27/14
                    VBT/SI: 6/6/14
                    BI: Submitted 6/19/14

Comment

• Originally posted by kzvo91 View Post
                      Hey everyone. Looking at the CBP announcement that came out today. Just a quick question, when you pick your location preference, do you automatically go to that location? I know with other LE positions where you apply in your region but can be placed wherever they need you after the academy. Also does CBP relocate people or do you stay in one spot?
                      Yes you are locked in to the region you select. So select wisely. You could select the Florida region and score in the 90's and not get selected while others select the swb and score in the 70's and get selected. I didn't realize I was locking myself in at the time. I thought it was just a "preference" and that they would send me where needed like most federal le jobs. Luckily I scored well and received a tsl but everything happens slower in the Florida region.
                      Geo- Florida
                      CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                      NOR- 98 10/25/13
                      Qual- GS 7
                      TSL- 2/28/14
                      PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                      VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                      VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                      BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                      BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                      BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Does anyone know what kind of paperwork is sent to applicants after the TSL? I am under the impression that it is medical/ pft1 related.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can provide specifics.

Also, how does education and previous work experience factor into placing applicants into hiring categories?
                        CBPO

14-1
                        Geo: SWB
                        CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
                        NOR: 07/14/14
                        TSL: 08/01/14
                        Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
                        BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
                        Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
                        VBT / SI : 09/17/14
                        Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
                        Poly 1: 11/13/14
                        Poly 2: 12/30/14

BPA

15-1
                        Geo: Arizona
                        BPA Exam: 12/16/14

Comment

• Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                          Do not worry about that, background investigator will go over your packet and ask you if there are any changes since you filled it out.
                          Originally posted by Arroz con pollo View Post
                          Does anyone know what kind of paperwork is sent to applicants after the TSL? I am under the impression that it is medical/ pft1 related.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can provide specifics.

Also, how does education and previous work experience factor into placing applicants into hiring categories?
                          PF1/Medical is next. They'll send you a packet to fill out which you should receive before your date. Bring everything that was mailed with you. If you have your BA and 1 year full time specialized work experience, you'll get GS-7. If you finished 1 year of grade school, you'll get a GS-7. Anything less: is a GS-5. As for hiring categories. No idea. I keep hearing it's based on score. My guess score is just one part. Generally things are based on whole person/packet concepts. Or some other HR Magic policy agencies and OPM decide to employ.
                          Geo - Northeast
                          CBPO Exam: 10/23/13
                          NOR: 10/31/13
                          TSL: 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical: 3/21/14
                          Quals - GS7: 4/27/14
                          VBT/SI: 6/6/14
                          BI: Submitted 6/19/14

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                            go for it. from the announcement:
                            If you are currently in the hiring process or have recently applied to an entry level CBP Officer announcement; reapplying to this announcement will override your current application.

question
                            why is the hiring right now for GS 5/7 and not GL 5/7? there is a significant difference in pay

CBPos have never hired under under the GL payscale, except for the possible exceptions of a handful of CBP-(Enforcement) Officers.

The short answer is that the position is/was never defined as "LEO" under the GL payscale. Up until 2008, CBPOs were not defined under 12D/6C 20-year retirement either. When the retirement provisions were changed adding CBPOs to the mix, CBPOs were added as a class to the retirement...still not defined as "LEOs" though.

Some of the past agency pay/compensation reform packages that have been kicked around have proposed to address this omission and retify it but, as of today, it is what it is.

As a practical matter...it's only a issue as a GS-05/GS-07/GS-09. Past that, everyone converts to GS pay.

Comment

• [QUOTE=battlewagon;3499562]go for it. from the announcement:

What does that mean that it will override your current application??? because i am in the process and I would also like to change my geo location...does it mean that I would have to start all over again??

Comment

• Hey Future. Random but just found out that if my EOD had been pushed back a week we'd be in the same class haha.
                                Geo: SWB
                                CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                                NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                                TSL - 01/31/14
                                Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                                VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                                BI - 03/15/14
                                Poly - 04/30/14
                                BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                                Drug Test - 06/26/14
                                The Call - 06/26/14
                                PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                                EOD - 07/14/14
                                Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7042 users online. 375 members and 6667 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X