300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wantmore12 View Post
    I failed the polygraph. good luck everyone.
    Why did you fail? Were you not being truthful? I mean, I just don't get it.

And how do some applicants get a chance to take second, even a third polygraph while others just fail and that's it? Does it have to do with the severity of the poly results?
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• I personally would suggest Rocky Jump Boots with the side zipper. Theyre about 120 bucks, but last forever, shine really nicely, and the best part is you can put them on in about 6 seconds when youre in a hurry.
      Geo: West Coast
      Applied: 7-1-13
      Tested: 8-3-13
      NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
      Tentative Select: 12-16-13
      Medical: 12-30-13
      Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
      VBT & SI: 3-17-14
      Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
      Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
      Background finished: 6-10-14
      Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
      Drug Test: 8-13-14
      The Call: 08-20-14
      PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
      EOD: 9-22-2014
      Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
        Why did you fail? Were you not being truthful? I mean, I just don't get it.

And how do some applicants get a chance to take second, even a third polygraph while others just fail and that's it? Does it have to do with the severity of the poly results?

Good Question...I can speak from experience cause I tested twice. First off you will FAIL if you are caught up in a Lie. For example, if you said on your SF-86 No I have not done Drugs or been arrested in the last 7 years...but then during your Polygraph you admit that actually you smoked marijuana 5 years ago, or got arrested 6 years ago. That is a definite fail. On the other hand because they ask you so much more during the polygraph then they do during the SF-86, you may tell them about something that happened "In your Whole Life" that is not allowed. Example, drug use 10 years ago with a felony drug (speed, extasy, crack, lsd). They may decide to fail you on the things that you reveal that day, even if you do not lie.

On the other hand, if they run you through the polygraph and when they finish they feel like you may be deceptive, they will likely tell you your polygraph results are inconclusive. Many police agencies consider inconclusive to be a disqualifier in the hiring process, but CBP lets us try again, until they get the determination of pass or fail. Luckily the second time I passed. Long intense process, but so rewarding once you finally pass. Good Luck.
        Applied: 7-1-13
        Tested: 8-3-13
        NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
        Tentative Select: 12-16-13
        Medical: 12-30-13
        Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
        VBT & SI: 3-17-14
        Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
        Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
        Background finished: 6-10-14
        Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
        Drug Test: 8-13-14
        The Call: 08-20-14
        PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
        EOD: 9-22-2014
        Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• Things just keep going bad for me. After a week of getting my car battery replaced, the exact same day mind you, now my alternator is acting up. Shop said nothing wrong with my alternator at the time, but now it's acting up, and it'll cost me hundreds of dollars I don't have. I just got paid last Friday and I only have $50 in my account. What a nightmare. I do the best I can trying to support my mother, but the bad luck streak never ends. I do hope I get this CBP job.
          Last edited by cur679; 07-23-2014, 01:16 PM.
          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
            Good Question...I can speak from experience cause I tested twice. First off you will FAIL if you are caught up in a Lie. For example, if you said on your SF-86 No I have not done Drugs or been arrested in the last 7 years...but then during your Polygraph you admit that actually you smoked marijuana 5 years ago, or got arrested 6 years ago. That is a definite fail. On the other hand because they ask you so much more during the polygraph then they do during the SF-86, you may tell them about something that happened "In your Whole Life" that is not allowed. Example, drug use 10 years ago with a felony drug (speed, extasy, crack, lsd). They may decide to fail you on the things that you reveal that day, even if you do not lie.

On the other hand, if they run you through the polygraph and when they finish they feel like you may be deceptive, they will likely tell you your polygraph results are inconclusive. Many police agencies consider inconclusive to be a disqualifier in the hiring process, but CBP lets us try again, until they get the determination of pass or fail. Luckily the second time I passed. Long intense process, but so rewarding once you finally pass. Good Luck.
            Thanks for that buddy. I hope you get a call soon. Could you post (or PM me) ports you're offered for West Coast? (I am at least 9 months out from any chance of EOD but I'd like to know if they fill up LAS-McCarran before then)
            CBPO Exam: June 2014
            NOR: July 2014
            TSL: August 2014
            eQIP Sent: August 2014
            Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
            VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
            Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• I just applied for a GE CarCare credit loan to help get my car fixed (it's actually my mother's car), and I was approved. The amount I need is only $510 to get the car fixed. Is this considered a personal loan? I already submitted equip last Thursday. If it is, who do I need to contact or what do I need to do?

Thanks. I'm getting stressed out here.
              Last edited by cur679; 07-23-2014, 02:15 PM.
              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
              02/28/14-TSL Received
              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
              07/01/14-VBT/SI
              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• During lunch break after the VBT.

Hearth beating fast we'll see if I get to sit down with the officers.

Comment

• That was spot on.. We have had several people released from service after adjudication..
                  Originally posted by commandostyle View Post
                  cbp website:

Q: What is adjudication and what is involved in the adjudication process?

A: Adjudication is the evaluation of data contained in a background investigation, and/or any other available relevant reports, to determine whether an individual is suitable for federal employment or eligible for access to classified information.

And assuming unsuitability will be because of the following.

Q: Why would I receive an unfavorable suitability determination at the conclusion of my background investigation?

A: Some issues that may result in an unfavorable suitability determination include: financial irresponsibility; poor credit history; drug/alcohol abuse; arrest history; misconduct in prior employment; association with individuals involved in illegal activities such as drug use and drug trafficking; and demonstrated lack of honesty/integrity in providing complete and comprehensive information about current/past behavior which may be unfavorable.

My guess is you may be able to elaborate further on certain circumstances where they find you unsuitable. Well hope that shed a little light on the subject for you.

Comment

• I am from NJ currently with ICE in PA. I chose the central east coast geo pref. Harpers Ferry, WV for PF2 test as well. I would prefer Newark if i had to pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cosmo7809 View Post
                      Quick question for you guys. I received my NOR last week and just today got my "congratulations" email.

Any fellow NYC or eastcoast guys on here? Which three locations did you chose?(I did JFK, Newark and Philly) Also, for the PF2 test, where did you chose? West Virginia seemed to be the closest.

Thanks.
                      My last post was to you man. Sorry I am so used to delphiforums.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJdevilsFingersCrossed View Post
                        I am from NJ currently with ICE in PA. I chose the central east coast geo pref. Harpers Ferry, WV for PF2 test as well. I would prefer Newark if i had to pick.
                        I too work for ICE and live in NJ, however I got lucky and work for ICE in NJ I wish the PF2 test was closer than WV, oh well..
                        CBPO 14-1
                        Geo: Central East Coast
                        Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
                        Referred: 07/22/2014
                        TSL: 08/02/2014
                        Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
                        Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
                        VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
                        BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
                        PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                        EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
                        FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• Originally posted by Shell_Back View Post
                          I too work for ICE and live in NJ, however I got lucky and work for ICE in NJ I wish the PF2 test was closer than WV, oh well..
                          Why do you guys wanna leave ICE? Are you IEA or DO?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cosmo7809 View Post
                            Quick question for you guys. I received my NOR last week and just today got my "congratulations" email.

Any fellow NYC or eastcoast guys on here? Which three locations did you chose?(I did JFK, Newark and Philly) Also, for the PF2 test, where did you chose? West Virginia seemed to be the closest.

Thanks.
                            Also in NYC, but I chose the west coast, not of fan of the cold lol I chose Florida just to go see family while I'm at it. I don't want to go somewhere just for a 2 day trip.
                            CBPO: GS-5
                            Geo/Location: JFK
                            Tested: 3/'13
                            NOR (84)
                            Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                            Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                            Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                            The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                            BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                            EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Question.... I want to change my geo, is it too late? I now want the Florida options which include Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands and other islands?... I no longer want the west coast. Should I apply to the new opening or not? Helppppppp
                              CBPO: GS-5
                              Geo/Location: JFK
                              Tested: 3/'13
                              NOR (84)
                              Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                              Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                              Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                              The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                              BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                              EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                                Question.... I want to change my geo, is it too late? I now want the Florida options which include Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands and other islands?... I no longer want the west coast. Should I apply to the new opening or not? Helppppppp
                                When did you apply and did you get a TSL yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4310 users online. 221 members and 4089 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X