Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
    Which port are you at?
    I'm at San Ysidro right now doing my EOD.
    Geo: SWB
    CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
    NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
    TSL - 01/31/14
    Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
    VBT/SI - 02/28/14
    BI - 03/15/14
    Poly - 04/30/14
    BI Cleared - 06/24/14
    Drug Test - 06/26/14
    The Call - 06/26/14
    PFT 2 - 07/11/14
    EOD - 07/14/14
    Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Cosmo7809 View Post
      Quick question for you guys. I received my NOR last week and just today got my "congratulations" email.

Any fellow NYC or eastcoast guys on here? Which three locations did you chose?(I did JFK, Newark and Philly) Also, for the PF2 test, where did you chose? West Virginia seemed to be the closest.

Thanks.
      I am from New Jersey and I don't remember selecting an actual place, just a region like Central East Coast. As far as the PF2 test, I believe I picked the same, West Virginia. Wish it was somewhere closer but oh well. Going to be an interesting next 10 days to see how quickly this process moves along
      CBPO 14-1
      Geo: Central East Coast
      Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
      Referred: 07/22/2014
      TSL: 08/02/2014
      Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
      Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
      VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
      BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
      PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
      EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
      FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
        Thank you. I am getting tired of waiting, so, I keep asking questions.

I hope so Future. How are you preparing for your EOD? I am guessing you won't have to travel anywhere?
        I'm actually in Michigan visiting family before I EOD. Bought some nice suits to wear. Just need to buy some good combat style boots down the road before FLETC.
        Geo - East Texas
        Exam date - 9/7/2013
        NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
        TSL - 11/27/2014
        PFT1 - 12/27/2014
        VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
        EQIP - 1/18/2014
        Credit check - 2/4/2014
        GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
        Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
        Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
        Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
        Drug Test - 6/26/2014
        PFT2 - 7/10/2014
        EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
        FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
        CBP Session #359 Guidon
        Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
          I'm actually in Michigan visiting family before I EOD. Bought some nice suits to wear. Just need to buy some good combat style boots down the road before FLETC.
          Plus 1 to this. The guys said the boots they give at FLETC aren't very good so getting a good pair of boots is good.
          TSL - 01/31/14
          Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
          VBT/SI - 02/28/14
          BI - 03/15/14
          Poly - 04/30/14
          BI Cleared - 06/24/14
          Drug Test - 06/26/14
          The Call - 06/26/14
          PFT 2 - 07/11/14
          EOD - 07/14/14

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
            Same email too. 10 days; they're really pushing this year. Must of have had more approprations from Congress to up staffing because back to back openings is a good odds for us in the process.
            Just a question what do you mean about the "10 days" comment, I did get this same email too

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
              Plus 1 to this. The guys said the boots they give at FLETC aren't very good so getting a good pair of boots is good.
              I have been to FLETC for the BOP, all of out equipment was used. The boots I did see were standard cheap tactical boots, I currently wear rockys and under armour. Make sure your pair can be shined.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
                Just a question what do you mean about the "10 days" comment, I did get this same email too
                "Please continue to monitor your e-mail as we will be sending additional correspondence within the next 10 days."

Somone posted the text of the email earlier.
                Geo: West Coast
                CBPO Exam: June 2014
                NOR: July 2014
                TSL: August 2014
                eQIP Sent: August 2014
                Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                  Wait, why would you need boots and what kind/ color of boots you mean?

Comment

• I failed the polygraph. good luck everyone.

Comment

You need black boots for the academy. You can bring your own or use the issued ones they give you. Right now in my pre academy guys are wearing danners or 5.11. I have heard the underarmor and oakley ones are comfortable though. They also require your boots to be shined.

I got my packing list yesterday and that info was included in it. I was also instructed to bring a suitcase that had some extra room as you will be bringing all your gear back with you on the plane (including your gun).
                      TSL - 01/31/14
                      Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                      VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                      BI - 03/15/14
                      Poly - 04/30/14
                      BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                      Drug Test - 06/26/14
                      The Call - 06/26/14
                      PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                      EOD - 07/14/14

Comment

• Originally posted by wantmore12 View Post
                        I failed the polygraph. good luck everyone.
                        Sorry to hear that bro. How fast did they tell you?
                        Geo: West Coast
                        CBPO Exam: June 2014
                        NOR: July 2014
                        TSL: August 2014
                        eQIP Sent: August 2014
                        Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                        VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                        Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• So the second part of the email says this:

"Due to the number of applicants needed for future vacancies, a new CBP Officer announcement (CBPO 14-2) will open tomorrow, July 23rd. Re-applying to the new announcement (CBPO 14-2) does not guarantee a new referral. If you receive a new referral and selection under CBPO 14-2 it will overwrite your current referral for CBPO 14-1."

I am back from a knee injury but was on the couch for a while and am now back in the gym, it seems like the current announcement is moving quickly, could I sign up for this new exam and wait to see how quickly I get a date for my physical and medical? Because it seems as long as I don't get a referral for the 14-2 exam it will not overwrite my current referral.

I figure I will apply for the new exam and maybe just not schedule the exam if they give me a far enough date out for my physical. I can apply, I just can't get a new referral? Correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
                            So the second part of the email says this:

"Due to the number of applicants needed for future vacancies, a new CBP Officer announcement (CBPO 14-2) will open tomorrow, July 23rd. Re-applying to the new announcement (CBPO 14-2) does not guarantee a new referral. If you receive a new referral and selection under CBPO 14-2 it will overwrite your current referral for CBPO 14-1."

I am back from a knee injury but was on the couch for a while and am now back in the gym, it seems like the current announcement is moving quickly, could I sign up for this new exam and wait to see how quickly I get a date for my physical and medical? Because it seems as long as I don't get a referral for the 14-2 exam it will not overwrite my current referral.

I figure I will apply for the new exam and maybe just not schedule the exam if they give me a far enough date out for my physical. I can apply, I just can't get a new referral? Correct?
                            Depends on how you look at it. It may override it if you reapply for a geographical location different than the one you applied for under 14-1. This is due to the fact that MHC processes some locations faster than others because they are in desperate need of bodies and want to get them in and out of FLETC as quickly as possible. If you do not plan on picking a new location compared to 14-1, then there is not point of you reapplying to 14-2. Back in 2011, the hiring push was mainly for all SWB, Miami, and Atlanta. Then you saw a couple guys occasionally that had Buffalo, Seattle, Chicago, and other random ports. It really depends on their goal and who needs bodies most.

Comment

Well, you don't technically need boots. They issue them to you there. You either get the Danner Arcadia or the Stryker, unless they changed something since my time there.

The Arcadia is an 8 inch combat boot, stupid heavy and takes a while to break in. The stryker is a 6" mid length boot/shoe, also pretty heavy for a boot.

I would recommend buying a cheap pair of boots at the very least.
                              Needs to be black with a polish-able toe.

You can buy and use any brand, but those with a mesh or suede like generally got called out at academy. A guy in the class before was wearing underarmour with the mesh top and he got called out and had to wear the issued danners. Imagine weaing new unbroken in, clunky boots... Ugghhh.

I personally bought a pair of cheap 5.11s and I still have them to this day. Beaten to hell and it still looks good. Sure you could buy a higher end boot, but for academy, I would go cheap boot, issued boot, and once you're done spend good money on a solid pair.

Here's a couple that I would recommend.
                              This is the model that I have.
                              http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...t.html#reviews

but if you need something shorter, go this.
                              http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...inch-boot.html

Academy is a paid vacation. Hope everyone enjoys their time there!

Comment

• Applying today hope all goes well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7727 users online. 419 members and 7308 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X