Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone purchase and use this CBP passbook, If so did you find it helpful as a study guide?

http://www.amazon.com/Customs-Protec...der+protection

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
      congrats buddy. Just curious, what location? And were you able to change your preference locations in CASS?
      I'm in for the West Coast, and the only time I changed location was through email when they closed Florida and I had to pick a new location.

Anyone have any new information on West Coast vacancies? Is McCarron airport still looking for more?

Comment

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
        Just got called earlier today to schedule my polygraph
        August 5th is the date, wish me luck!
        After the poly is when they start meeting your references, co-workers right?
        Awesome, you are couple weeks away. Focus on this step as it is "the" most important step to pass, it is the top of the hill for every applicant. Be ready, honest, professional, and dress for success. Let us know if you have any Qs and best of luck
        How long it was since you submitted your SF-86? You gotta timeline to post?

Comment

• I hope I don't have to wait another 3 months for my poly, like with VBT/SI. After my VBT/SI, it was only a week until I received my equip. Things started to move quick.
          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• @ Miracle
            I wouldn't recommended spending your hard earned money on a passbook. The passbook is full of grammatical errors and useless information. Download or print out the study guide from the CBP website. Make sure that you brush up on your math and that you complete all of the practice tests. That's how I passed.

Good luck.
            CBPO

14-1
            Geo: SWB
            CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
            NOR: 07/14/14
            TSL: 08/01/14
            Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
            BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
            Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
            VBT / SI : 09/17/14
            Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
            Poly 1: 11/13/14
            Poly 2: 12/30/14

BPA

15-1
            Geo: Arizona
            BPA Exam: 12/16/14

Comment

• Anybody deal with the medical self cert by chance? Hoping it doesn't take months to review.

Anyway here's my updated timeline.

Geo: West Coast
              NOR: 04/02/12
              TSL: 02/25/13
              PFT1: 04/12/13
              MED: 07/16/13 (back to pending)
              VBT & STI: 05/08/13
              eQip: 08/01/13
              Poly: 04/18/14 & 07/10/14
              BI: 07/15/14
              Drug test: 07/17/14

Just waiting on medical to go green again at this point...
              Last edited by commandostyle; 07-21-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Hey commando how long did it take your background to go green from the day your investigator passed in your background?

Comment

• Originally posted by Catanz22 View Post
                  Hey commando how long did it take your background to go green from the day your investigator passed in your background?
                  my background went green days after I passed my poly. I had my BI done a few years ago when I applied initially in 12'

Comment

• Okay thanks anyway. Does anyone else have times on going green after your BI passes your investigation in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                      Awesome, you are couple weeks away. Focus on this step as it is "the" most important step to pass, it is the top of the hill for every applicant. Be ready, honest, professional, and dress for success. Let us know if you have any Qs and best of luck
                      How long it was since you submitted your SF-86? You gotta timeline to post?
                      Thanks, and yeah this part is easily the hardest part. Simply because you are not 100% in control of the results unlike the physicals or oral interviews.

I'll have to work on my timeline, gotta check on the dates

But I started the process on 10/2013 when I took the exam.

Comment

• I am going to ask this question again, does anybody know what the adjudication process is? What does it entail? Have you heard of anybody got rejected after this step? And why?

Comment

I am going to ask this question again, does anybody know what the adjudication process is? What does it entail? Have you heard of anybody got rejected after this step? And why?
                          cbp website:

Q: What is adjudication and what is involved in the adjudication process?

A: Adjudication is the evaluation of data contained in a background investigation, and/or any other available relevant reports, to determine whether an individual is suitable for federal employment or eligible for access to classified information.

And assuming unsuitability will be because of the following.

Q: Why would I receive an unfavorable suitability determination at the conclusion of my background investigation?

A: Some issues that may result in an unfavorable suitability determination include: financial irresponsibility; poor credit history; drug/alcohol abuse; arrest history; misconduct in prior employment; association with individuals involved in illegal activities such as drug use and drug trafficking; and demonstrated lack of honesty/integrity in providing complete and comprehensive information about current/past behavior which may be unfavorable.

My guess is you may be able to elaborate further on certain circumstances where they find you unsuitable. Well hope that shed a little light on the subject for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
                            I'm in for the West Coast, and the only time I changed location was through email when they closed Florida and I had to pick a new location.

Anyone have any new information on West Coast vacancies? Is McCarron airport still looking for more?
                            Okay cool. And PM me about LAS (McCarran). I work there with CBP.
                            Geo: West Coast
                            CBPO Exam: June 2014
                            NOR: July 2014
                            TSL: August 2014
                            eQIP Sent: August 2014
                            Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                            VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                            Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

I am going to ask this question again, does anybody know what the adjudication process is? What does it entail? Have you heard of anybody got rejected after this step? And why?
                              I think this week is your week Jade.
                              Geo - East Texas
                              Exam date - 9/7/2013
                              NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                              TSL - 11/27/2014
                              PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                              VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                              EQIP - 1/18/2014
                              Credit check - 2/4/2014
                              GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                              Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                              Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                              Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                              Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                              PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                              EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                              FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                              CBP Session #359 Guidon
                              Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by cosgrove View Post
                                I was put on medical hold. I got cleared and sent in all the paper work via fax. The next day at noon I received an email stating they received all the information. My question is has anyone been in the same situation as me and how long did it take to get the green check mark.
                                I did my medical in April. The medical official forgot to do my eye exam without my contacts at the end of April. I heard its back at CBP medical office end of May. And I still haven't received a green light
                                Test taken-08/30/2013
                                NOR-09/04/2013 (84 non vet)
                                Changed location-02/20/2014
                                Medical-04/15/2014 (still waiting)
                                PT1-04/15/2014 passed
                                VBT & SI-05/14/2014 passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5467 users online. 289 members and 5178 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X