Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your job is what you make of it. Ignore the negatives.
    Geo: SWB
    CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
    NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
    TSL - 01/31/14
    Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
    VBT/SI - 02/28/14
    BI - 03/15/14
    Poly - 04/30/14
    BI Cleared - 06/24/14
    Drug Test - 06/26/14
    The Call - 06/26/14
    PFT 2 - 07/11/14
    EOD - 07/14/14
    Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Does anyone know how long does it take the polygrapher to contact you ?

Comment

• Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
        Does anyone know how long does it take the polygrapher to contact you ?
        John, it took my poly examiner 6 weeks from the day I submitted my eqip to call me. The actual poly interview was 2 weeks later. It depends on how backlogged your state is with applicants. How long have you been waiting?

Comment

• Not much, my BI status and pre employment forms status changed last thursday, i dont know how busy the applicant pool in puerto rico is but i dont believe theres as many applicants here compared to other states...

Comment

• Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
            Not much, my BI status and pre employment forms status changed last thursday, i dont know how busy the applicant pool in puerto rico is but i dont believe theres as many applicants here compared to other states...
            If CBP doesn't have a poly examiner stationed in PR you may have to wait until there are enough applicants to warrant an examiner flying into PR. Or you might be asked to travel to CONUS.

Comment

• Originally posted by covan7002 View Post
              If CBP doesn't have a poly examiner stationed in PR you may have to wait until there are enough applicants to warrant an examiner flying into PR. Or you might be asked to travel to CONUS.
              Not necessarily. I was told I would have to wait long time coz I live in a small state population wise. Turned out I only waited 6 weeks for poly.

Comment

• hey everyone. just had a question about reapplying after found unsuitable.

I applied in 2012. I only had the poly and pft2 test to do left. however, i recieved a letter stating i was found unsuitable for stating that i used marijuanna more than 5 times from 2000-2011. I stated that i used it about 4 times as a highschool freshman in 2000, and took a hit at a bachelor party in 2011. I did submit a letter in response, but to still be denied.

i was officially dq'd(?) in december 2012. but since, i have just been working and went back for a second degree in nursing. can i still reapply and try again? or is it too soon?

I believe LAPDs or LBPDs standards with drug use is that you must not use it within 2 years of the application. is it the same with CBP?

Comment

• I was put on medical hold. I got cleared and sent in all the paper work via fax. The next day at noon I received an email stating they received all the information. My question is has anyone been in the same situation as me and how long did it take to get the green check mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieRich707 View Post
                    hey everyone. just had a question about reapplying after found unsuitable.

I applied in 2012. I only had the poly and pft2 test to do left. however, i recieved a letter stating i was found unsuitable for stating that i used marijuanna more than 5 times from 2000-2011. I stated that i used it about 4 times as a highschool freshman in 2000, and took a hit at a bachelor party in 2011. I did submit a letter in response, but to still be denied.

i was officially dq'd(?) in december 2012. but since, i have just been working and went back for a second degree in nursing. can i still reapply and try again? or is it too soon?

I believe LAPDs or LBPDs standards with drug use is that you must not use it within 2 years of the application. is it the same with CBP?
                    From what I hear it's your use in 2011. Most agencies require at least 3 years free of drug use. I'd double check that because I do hear 5 years too.
                    Geo: West Coast
                    CBPO Exam: June 2014
                    NOR: July 2014
                    TSL: August 2014
                    eQIP Sent: August 2014
                    Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                    VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                    Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• I'm not sure what CBP's standard in regards to drug use are. However, if you were found unsuitable in December 2012, I believe you have to wait at least 3 years until you can reapply again (December 2015.)

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
                        From what I hear it's your use in 2011. Most agencies require at least 3 years free of drug use. I'd double check that because I do hear 5 years too.
                        I'm not sure what CBP's standard in regards to drug use are. However, if you were found unsuitable in December 2012, I believe you have to wait at least 3 years until you can reapply again (December 2015.)

Comment

• Just got called earlier today to schedule my polygraph

August 5th is the date, wish me luck!

After the poly is when they start meeting your references, co-workers right?

Comment

• Thanks for the Info.

Originally posted by Aguadillano View Post
                            I got your info. 1st part, 1h & 10m, 27 questions. 2nd part, 1h & 15m, 27 questions. 3rd part, 50m, 30 questions. 4th part, 30m, 66 questions. 5th part, 20m, 42 questions. Hope this can help you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
                              Just got called earlier today to schedule my polygraph

August 5th is the date, wish me luck!

After the poly is when they start meeting your references, co-workers right?
                              congrats buddy. Just curious, what location? And were you able to change your preference locations in CASS?
                              CBPO Exam: June 2014
                              NOR: July 2014
                              TSL: August 2014
                              eQIP Sent: August 2014
                              Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                              VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                              Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• With regards to drug use, Some agencies are definitely more strict than other agencies...but something to consider. Police departments (that is all I have personal experience with) look at the totality of your drug use. Example: If you used marijuana 3 years ago... but you were 17 and it was only once, and now you're 21, that's bad but not that bad. But if you are 31 and you used marijuana at 27 years...That's a problem. At 27 years old you are old enough to know better and that is how many agencies will look at it. I assume that CBP is the same. If you, as an adult, are willing to try something (that is illegal) for the first time, what else will you be willing to try.

Remember, what the whole background comes down to...CAN WE BE TRUSTED, and can we be turned, bribed, manipulated or blackmailed.
                                Applied: 7-1-13
                                Tested: 8-3-13
                                NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                                Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                                Medical: 12-30-13
                                Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                                VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                                Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                                Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                                Background finished: 6-10-14
                                Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                                Drug Test: 8-13-14
                                The Call: 08-20-14
                                PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                                EOD: 9-22-2014
                                Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8924 users online. 230 members and 8694 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X