Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
    Try this: http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fil...%28step%29.pdf

For what it's worth sounds like you will be perfectly fine....
    Also pay attention to the bottom part. Think they are doing away with the side step test and replacing with 1.5 mile run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
      Also pay attention to the bottom part. Think they are doing away with the side step test and replacing with 1.5 mile run.
      Cool thanks for that. They seem realtively simple. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and not get injured.

I know the process takes a while so I'll keep at it througout everything. Hope I'll make it all the way. Best of luck to everyone at the end and those who just passed the written exam.
      Geo: West Coast
      CBPO Exam: June 2014
      NOR: July 2014
      TSL: August 2014
      eQIP Sent: August 2014
      Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
      VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
      Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
        I take it your poly was conducted by the Secret Service, too? Does CBP use the USSS to poly applicants or does it vary from state to state?
        I did not ask him whether he was with the secret service or not. We talked about our service overseas and when I asked him if he was with the military he said no, so I stopped there. I know he came from Tucson, AZ and stayed here for a week where he conducted poly to 3 or 4 of us in the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
          I did not ask him whether he was with the secret service or not. We talked about our service overseas and when I asked him if he was with the military he said no, so I stopped there. I know he came from Tucson, AZ and stayed here for a week where he conducted poly to 3 or 4 of us in the state.
          When mine called to schedule me, he identified himself as USSS and asked me if I minded he conduct my poly? Maybe they are required to do so?
          Geo: Northeast
          Written Test: 8/28/2013 (97 no vet points)
          NOR: 9/9/2013
          TSL: 11/27/2013
          Medical/PT: 12/19/2014
          VBT/SI: 01/02/2014
          Medical cleared: 04/08/4014
          Equip/fingerprints received: 04/11/2014
          Poly: 05/27/2014
          Received NOPA: 06/30/2014
          Replied to NOPA: 07/22/2014
          1st meeting with BI: 08/06/2014
          2nd meeting with BI: 08/08/2014
          Drug Test: 09/25/2014
          All green checks: 09/30/2014
          Got the call!: 10/01/2014
          Pft2: 10/23/2014
          EOD: 11/03/2014
          FLETC: 11/24/2014

Comment

• I got your information.
            Last edited by Aguadillano; 07-19-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
              How many questions are on the CBP entrance exam, and how long do they give to take the test?
              I got your info. 1st part, 1h & 10m, 27 questions. 2nd part, 1h & 15m, 27 questions. 3rd part, 50m, 30 questions. 4th part, 30m, 66 questions. 5th part, 20m, 42 questions. Hope this can help you.

Comment

• Hello,
                ive been reading the forums and I never posted because my questions would get answered by me reading through others experience. I took pft1/medical back in 3/24/14 and I blew through the physical but I think I somehow got put under medical review because I have an innocent heart murmur. it is now July and medical states "Your medical has been sent to our Medical Review Office for a determination. We normally receive a determination approximately four weeks after your exam date." on CASS and I haven't gotten anything back except vbt/si and an email subject "bi-box" telling me what to expect on the polygraph exam. its been more than four weeks for my medical to clear up and I sent an email about a month ago on this issue and I got a response that I must wait for medical to get checked in order for me to proceed with BI paper work... I feel like my application is just sitting in someone desk collecting dust at this point.

also does someone have the medical review email address. applicant newsletter is not appearing on my cpu.
                NYPD #2344
                List: 1xx
                Medical: 09/04/2014 completed
                Written psych: 09/24/2014

Comment

• To the former military guys on here that are either in the process or already hired. Do any of you remember when or where in the process you submit the form to the VA for On the Job Training Pay? And whom did you have to submit it to? It's been a while since I did it for the BP Academy and can't really recall how the process went. Thanks in advance.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fdriver View Post
                    When mine called to schedule me, he identified himself as USSS and asked me if I minded he conduct my poly? Maybe they are required to do so?
                    I don't know. Maybe you have a military background, maybe you were born overseas, it could be a reason, it could be not.

Does anybody know what does the adjudication process entails?

Comment

• Do you guys realize what you are joining? CBP is nothing but a greeter agency. It's not LE; it's all about greeting a traveler.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                        Do you guys realize what you are joining? CBP is nothing but a greeter agency. It's not LE; it's all about greeting a traveler.
                        Yes. I know what it is.

Comment

Do you guys realize what you are joining? CBP is nothing but a greeter agency. It's not LE; it's all about greeting a traveler.
                          That depends on how you look at the law I suppose. No, we're not busting down doors and slapping on cuffs all day long and I agree this agency has gotten worse over the years. But at the end of the day it's easy work with decent pay and we still get LE retirement. I would hope that most guys on here know what kind of work they are getting them selves in to.

Comment

• Depending on how one views it, there are but a few federal agencies that do "LE" work on a regular basis.
                            US Park Police and Bureau of Indian Affairs Police are likely the closest to "LE" of all federal agencies. Outside if that, the pickings get slim.

Yeah, we are, in part, a "greeter agency". The fact is, especially for many of us, that the vast majority of traffic we'll see(98+%) will be legitimate travelers engaging in lawful activities. The trick is to learn to seperate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak, if "LE" work is all that important to you. Otherwise, you can always focus on facilitating the movement of legitimate trade and travel, which is equally as important and as serving to the agency/public interest as our "LE" mission.

Comment

LEO, greeter, whatever; if they pay me GS-12 after four years, I'm not gonna get too demanding.
                              Geo: Northeast
                              Written Test: 8/28/2013 (97 no vet points)
                              NOR: 9/9/2013
                              TSL: 11/27/2013
                              Medical/PT: 12/19/2014
                              VBT/SI: 01/02/2014
                              Medical cleared: 04/08/4014
                              Equip/fingerprints received: 04/11/2014
                              Poly: 05/27/2014
                              Received NOPA: 06/30/2014
                              Replied to NOPA: 07/22/2014
                              1st meeting with BI: 08/06/2014
                              2nd meeting with BI: 08/08/2014
                              Drug Test: 09/25/2014
                              All green checks: 09/30/2014
                              Got the call!: 10/01/2014
                              Pft2: 10/23/2014
                              EOD: 11/03/2014
                              FLETC: 11/24/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Fdriver View Post
                                LEO, greeter, whatever; if they pay me GS-12 after four years, I'm not gonna get too demanding.
                                I know right? Better working at retail. The nature of the job is very obvious especially in the VBT/SI interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12959 users online. 508 members and 12451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X