300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,

I'm also a long time observer of the forum and now beginning what seems like a lengthy path to becoming a CBPO (NOR 7/14/2014). I have about 10 years experience in SF-86/e-QIP processing. So, I recommend for those just beginning the process that you download a copy of the SF-86 (especially if you've never completed one) and begin gathering information now. This way when the time comes all you'll have to do is transfer the info to the web based form (e-QIP). I can also try to assist if anyone has questions. Here is the link to the form and e-QIP FAQs.

SF-86: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf
    Applicant FAQs: http://www.opm.gov/investigations/e-...on/e-qip-faqs/

Best of luck to you all!!

CBPO 14-1
    Geo: Southwest
    Test: 06/12/2014
    NOR: 07/14/2014
    Referred: 07/22/2014
    TSL: 08/01/2014 - GS07
    Med/PFT1: 08/22/2014 (Pending/Passed)
    VBT & SI: 09/16/2014 (Scheduled)
    Polygraph: Not scheduled yet

Comment

• CBP opens July 23. I took the Poly nearly 3 years ago and i had one of the examiners who fails 90% people he examines

Comment

• How many questions are on the CBP entrance exam, and how long do they give to take the test?

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
          How many questions are on the CBP entrance exam, and how long do they give to take the test?
          I don't remember how many questions were on the exam. I believe there were 4 sections; logical thinking, reading, math, and a personal questionnaire. They give you about 5 hours total for the entire exam but the time will vary for each section. For example, you may get 40 minutes for logical, but only 25 minutes for reading. Unfortunately I didn't do so well probably due to my math. So brush up on that.
          NYPD Exam #4329
          TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
            If we're going back 7-10 years on the equip, then yeah, I've done nothing wrong with the questions pertaining drugs, alcohol, etc.

Now I'm sure the polygraph examiner is going to back even further than 7-10 years, correct?

And from what I've read, CBP contracts out polygraph examiners, correct? For those that had the polygraph, was your examiner very professional, and didn't play good cop/bad cop like some other agencies?
            Yes the poly will go over your ENTIRE life and have many questions that were never asked on your e-quip.

I had an examiner from Secret Service who was professional. Intense maybe, but didn't feel as though I was being duped.
            Geo: Northeast
            Written Test: 8/28/2013 (97 no vet points)
            NOR: 9/9/2013
            TSL: 11/27/2013
            Medical/PT: 12/19/2014
            VBT/SI: 01/02/2014
            Medical cleared: 04/08/4014
            Equip/fingerprints received: 04/11/2014
            Poly: 05/27/2014
            Received NOPA: 06/30/2014
            Replied to NOPA: 07/22/2014
            1st meeting with BI: 08/06/2014
            2nd meeting with BI: 08/08/2014
            Drug Test: 09/25/2014
            All green checks: 09/30/2014
            Got the call!: 10/01/2014
            Pft2: 10/23/2014
            EOD: 11/03/2014
            FLETC: 11/24/2014

Comment

• Secret Service? Oh lord. I hope I don't get the same USSS SA that conducted my poly a few years ago when I applied for UD. That SA was pretty mean. I'm hoping it's another agency that conducts it or in a different location.

And I just received an email stating my BI was sent to IA. Says it can typically take 12+ months, but with need in the NE, I'm hoping it won't take that long.
              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
              02/28/14-TSL Received
              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
              07/01/14-VBT/SI
              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

Secret Service? Oh lord. I hope I don't get the same USSS SA that conducted my poly a few years ago when I applied for UD. That SA was pretty mean. I'm hoping it's another agency that conducts it or in a different location.

And I just received an email stating my BI was sent to IA. Says it can typically take 12+ months, but with need in the NE, I'm hoping it won't take that long.
                Where are you in the NE? Took mine in Boston, and I would say the guy was fairly reasonable.

For the NE anyway, it seems like people are moving along very quickly.

Comment

• I live in Florida. Had my poly with the USSS in Orlando. I'm hoping it's not in Orlando again, because if it is, I'll get the feeling it'll be conducted by the USSS again. If it's closer to me, like Tampa, then I'll be somewhat relieved.
                  CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                  02/28/14-TSL Received
                  03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                  07/01/14-VBT/SI
                  07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

Secret Service? Oh lord. I hope I don't get the same USSS SA that conducted my poly a few years ago when I applied for UD. That SA was pretty mean. I'm hoping it's another agency that conducts it or in a different location.
                    My BI was professional, straight forward, and friendly. They tell everybody the same when they send them the email so you won't call them every week and bother them. Mine took 6 weeks till I got the call from poly examiner which I met 2 weeks after. Keep your fingers crossed, you are on the right path and don't think of where and who the examiner is, everything will come to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                      As long as they see your cards were sent in the mail before the due date you should be fine.

Hey Merlin or any other officer. Is the post academy training the same for every port? This is my first week of EOD and they have us the run down for pre academy, academy,
                      And post academy.

A few officers got back from the academy last week and they said they wouldn't be completely done with training until next Marxh. They said they have six weeks of classroom work, then three weeks shadowing, then more classroom work followed by being on the floor by themselves for four weeks followed by even more classroom work. Is this true for every port? Thanks.

No. Post-academy training consists of one of three training modules...land passenger processing, airport/seaport passenger processing or cargo processing. Management determines which module is appropriate for the port. Regardless of the module, each is many months in duration.

Plus, there are 300+ different ports across all 50 states and several territories. Many have pretty unique circumstances, needs and abilities. An 11 man port like Albany, NY is not going to have the same needs and resources to train a new officer as an 1100 man port like JFK.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        No. Post-academy training consists of one of three training modules...land passenger processing, airport/seaport passenger processing or cargo processing. Management determines which module is appropriate for the port. Regardless of the module, each is many months in duration.

Plus, there are 300+ different ports across all 50 states and several territories. Many have pretty unique circumstances, needs and abilities. An 11 man port like Albany, NY is not going to have the same needs and resources to train a new officer as an 1100 man port like JFK.
                        Good info to know....

Comment

• Can anyone explain the PFT1? I am very physically fit and have passed a Firefighter's fitness test easily (plus the 50 lbs weighted vest). I'm curious as I am not familiar with the excercises. I workout regularly and run around with my dogs & at work. I ran XC back in the day; the worst I did was a 9:25 a mile & the best was 5:40 a mile. I do about a 7 minute mile now. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
                          Geo: West Coast
                          CBPO Exam: June 2014
                          NOR: July 2014
                          TSL: August 2014
                          eQIP Sent: August 2014
                          Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                          VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                          Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                            My BI was professional, straight forward, and friendly. They tell everybody the same when they send them the email so you won't call them every week and bother them. Mine took 6 weeks till I got the call from poly examiner which I met 2 weeks after. Keep your fingers crossed, you are on the right path and don't think of where and who the examiner is, everything will come to you.

I take it your poly was conducted by the Secret Service, too? Does CBP use the USSS to poly applicants or does it vary from state to state?
                            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                            02/28/14-TSL Received
                            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                            07/01/14-VBT/SI
                            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

I take it your poly was conducted by the Secret Service, too? Does CBP use the USSS to poly applicants or does it vary from state to state?
                              It can vary from state to state or even within a state. When I was scheduled I was told that due to the overwhelming number of applicants, that CBP was reaching outside their agency for help. So it could be one from CBP, USSS, or whoever else they contract to. It's impossible to predict who you will have, so try not to sweat it too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
                                Can anyone explain the PFT1? I am very physically fit and have passed a Firefighter's fitness test easily (plus the 50 lbs weighted vest). I'm curious as I am not familiar with the excercises. I workout regularly and run around with my dogs & at work. I ran XC back in the day; the worst I did was a 9:25 a mile & the best was 5:40 a mile. I do about a 7 minute mile now. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Try this: http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fil...%28step%29.pdf

For what it's worth sounds like you will be perfectly fine....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8314 users online. 405 members and 7909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X