Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
    Jade, my equip is due July 18.
    you guys don't think me forgetting to add my supervisors middle name again won't cause any issues?
    thanks
    Don't worry about that now, it's irrelevant, you make sure you mail your finger prints TODAY so they get them on time, send them via certified mail so you know for sure they received them.
    As for the name, I only knew the first name of a manger from 8 yrs ago, it was okay. If they want more info from you, they CAN find you. Good luck and let us know what you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO Applicant View Post
      You may be getting the call soon if it's consistent with couple of other applicants we've seen here. I guess we should continue working on our fitness in the mean time. I feel sorry for the applicants who fail the last hurdle i.e PFT2 after going through this long process.
      Agreed. I started hot yoga today to help stretching my tight calfs as I have been running almost every day. I want to be ready mentally and physically when I am doing the pft2 and I wanna pass it smoothly. We can keep each other motivated while we are waiting

Comment

• Well if they just now started March medicals, I guess I can take it easy on the CASS refreshing...
        Geo - Central East Coast
        CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
        NOR - 10/24/2013
        TSL - 1/30/2014
        VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
        PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
        VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
        eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
          This is absolutely true. Hiring demands change from month to month. However, with that being said, from what I have heard Buffalo picked up like 80 Border Patrol Agents on lateral. Most of them were from Ajo Arizona. So in betting Buffalo is gonna be a PITA to get. Sorry I feel like I am only giving bad news on this forum but being in the agency already and having been to Glynco recently, I have heard a lot of things that not many have.
          Alright. Still, the agency has stated the intent to bring onboard 100 additional CBPOs in Buffalo...not including "normal hires" for things like attrition. There ought to mean some off-the-street hiring.

Plus, how many of those PAs do you expect to be with the BFO long-term?

I've work in Buffalo. I've also worked in Arizona. I'm of a mind that your average PA working in Ajo has little in common with the average CBPO on the job in Buffalo.

Plus, there's always other issues, like $$$$. Your average PA sees more for compensation than the average CBPO. That difference is even more pronounced when comparing the southern border to the northern border. Most of those PAs will likely find themselves making less money...or working more midnights and/or giving up their summers to work OT for roughly the same dollars they used to make as PAs with AUO/FLSA OT.

There's a lot of Kool-Aid being served with OBP and the NBPC as far OFO goes...and much of it is of little practical worth. I'll be willing to bet that, given enough time, most of those new PA hires will finding themselves moving elsewhere for one reason or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Alright. Still, the agency has stated the intent to bring onboard 100 additional CBPOs in Buffalo...not including "normal hires" for things like attrition. There ought to mean some off-the-street hiring.

Plus, how many of those PAs do you expect to be with the BFO long-term?

I've work in Buffalo. I've also worked in Arizona. I'm of a mind that your average PA working in Ajo has little in common with the average CBPO on the job in Buffalo.

Plus, there's always other issues, like $$$$. Your average PA sees more for compensation than the average CBPO. That difference is even more pronounced when comparing the southern border to the northern border. Most of those PAs will likely find themselves making less money...or working more midnights and/or giving up their summers to work OT for roughly the same dollars they used to make as PAs with AUO/FLSA OT.

There's a lot of Kool-Aid being served with OBP and the NBPC as far OFO goes...and much of it is of little practical worth. I'll be willing to bet that, given enough time, most of those new PA hires will finding themselves moving elsewhere for one reason or another.
            Yea I really have no clue how many guys Buffalo intends to bring on, be it a lateral or a new hire. And I completely agree that there will be PAs as well as new hires looking to get out of there rather quickly. I personally think what happened was, a few guys figured out they were able to lateral and the Buffalo MSS or Port Director was on board and the word just started to spread. Ajo is a very easy place to want to leave and plenty are willing to take what they can to get out of there. And as far as pay goes, it really depends on where you are. BP is more or less the same wherever you are. And OFO just depends where your at. I know guys who get little to no OT with OFO but also know guys who make significantly more than BP with OT in a busier port. And after the cut BP has already taken it really doesn't take much OT with OFO to make up that difference.

Comment

• well I cant say Im in the know by any means... just passing on what I was told!! good luck n cheers!

Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
              Well if they just now started March medicals, I guess I can take it easy on the CASS refreshing...

Comment

• I sent my fingerprint cards in the blue envelope, and didn't use priority mail. I have no money. I mailed it out on Tuesday, and my case manager said they give grace periods if it arrives late.
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                  I sent my fingerprint cards in the blue envelope, and didn't use priority mail. I have no money. I mailed it out on Tuesday, and my case manager said they give grace periods if it arrives late.
                  As long as they see your cards were sent in the mail before the due date you should be fine.

Hey Merlin or any other officer. Is the post academy training the same for every port? This is my first week of EOD and they have us the run down for pre academy, academy,
                  And post academy.

A few officers got back from the academy last week and they said they wouldn't be completely done with training until next Marxh. They said they have six weeks of classroom work, then three weeks shadowing, then more classroom work followed by being on the floor by themselves for four weeks followed by even more classroom work. Is this true for every port? Thanks.
                  Geo: SWB
                  CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                  NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                  TSL - 01/31/14
                  Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                  VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                  BI - 03/15/14
                  Poly - 04/30/14
                  BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                  Drug Test - 06/26/14
                  The Call - 06/26/14
                  PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                  EOD - 07/14/14
                  Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                    As long as they see your cards were sent in the mail before the due date you should be fine.

Hey Merlin or any other officer. Is the post academy training the same for every port? This is my first week of EOD and they have us the run down for pre academy, academy,
                    And post academy.

A few officers got back from the academy last week and they said they wouldn't be completely done with training until next Marxh. They said they have six weeks of classroom work, then three weeks shadowing, then more classroom work followed by being on the floor by themselves for four weeks followed by even more classroom work. Is this true for every port? Thanks.
                    I can tell you post academy for BP is the same for everyone. And I would assume the same for OFO. I would expect to be in training or post academy type training up until about your year mark.

Comment

• New vacancy announcement postponed until the 23rd.

I start my final week of work at TSA tomorrow. PUMPED!

Good luck everyone that's beginning and nearing the end of the process!
                      Geo - East Texas
                      Exam date - 9/7/2013
                      NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                      TSL - 11/27/2014
                      PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                      VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                      EQIP - 1/18/2014
                      Credit check - 2/4/2014
                      GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                      Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                      Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                      Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                      Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                      PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                      EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                      FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                      CBP Session #359 Guidon
                      Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                        New vacancy announcement postponed until the 23rd.
                        I start my final week of work at TSA tomorrow. PUMPED!
                        Good luck everyone that's beginning and nearing the end of the process!
                        Do you have any days off in between transition?
                        Also, do you think being a federal employee has anything to do with "quick" BI completion?

Comment

• Does anyone know if you just automatically start at the bottom of the pay scale of your pay grade? I'm not one of the younger pups on this forum and don't want to go to far back on what I make now. Thanks
                          Geo- Florida
                          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                          NOR- 98 10/25/13
                          Qual- GS 7
                          TSL- 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                            Does anyone know if you just automatically start at the bottom of the pay scale of your pay grade? I'm not one of the younger pups on this forum and don't want to go to far back on what I make now. Thanks
                            I believe they match your pay unto the highest step of the highest grade you are eligible for... In this case 7/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                              Do you have any days off in between transition?
                              Also, do you think being a federal employee has anything to do with "quick" BI completion?
                              Since I'm currently dhs. And CBP falls under dhs also. Sadly no break in between. I took a couple days vacation for the transition though. So technically yes I have a break.

And maybe? CBP does their own investigation. I've been on a pretty straight and narrow road so far in my life. Never messed up. No traffic tickets. Nothing. But my Eqip was already filled out for me since I had to do it when hiring on with TSA.

Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                              Does anyone know if you just automatically start at the bottom of the pay scale of your pay grade? I'm not one of the younger pups on this forum and don't want to go to far back on what I make now. Thanks
                              I'm starting at GS7 step 1.
                              So bottom of gs7 for me. Still a raise from what I was making. So I'm cool with it. A supervisor from where I work started gs7 step 8 I believe? So no you don't always start at the bottom as long as you're qualified and justified.
                              Last edited by FutureCBPO; 07-18-2014, 10:54 AM.
                              Geo - East Texas
                              Exam date - 9/7/2013
                              NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                              TSL - 11/27/2014
                              PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                              VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                              EQIP - 1/18/2014
                              Credit check - 2/4/2014
                              GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                              Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                              Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                              Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                              Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                              PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                              EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                              FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                              CBP Session #359 Guidon
                              Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• If we're going back 7-10 years on the equip, then yeah, I've done nothing wrong with the questions pertaining drugs, alcohol, etc.

Now I'm sure the polygraph examiner is going to back even further than 7-10 years, correct?

And from what I've read, CBP contracts out polygraph examiners, correct? For those that had the polygraph, was your examiner very professional, and didn't play good cop/bad cop like some other agencies?
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7917 users online. 419 members and 7498 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X