300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
    My medical and PT haven't been scheduled yet? Yours has???
    I believe they called me a couple of days after I received the packet in the mail. You will get your call eventually just sit tight. Maybe they go by geographic location first? My TO is for Hawaii.
    CBPO- Hawaii
    Written: 07/31/08
    TO: 09/23/08
    Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
    Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
    Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
    Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
    VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
    BI: Completed (2/19/09)
    Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
    Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
    TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
      San Diego locations. As I've said previously, I'm kinda ahead of the game because IA already cleared me with a USBP application, and my medical exam has already carried over. So technically as of now I'm more than halfway through; All that's left on my end is the VBT and that's it.

My USBP application is just about done as well, I'm waiting to get scheduled for their fit test again (post-injury thing), but what's funny is that the scheduling unit said I was only scheduled for the CBPO test, when the nurse from the medical review unit said I should be in line to do both. I've contacted MHC about it but haven't gotten a response. Either way, there's a real possibility that I will have a choice of which job to go for within CBP.
      Just curious, which would you pick? Or do you even know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gert_B_Frob View Post
        Just curious, which would you pick? Or do you even know?
        Hard to say at this point. Originally I was just going to take whichever position was going to give me a final offer first. Lately my personal life has changed, and staying in San Diego is a much higher priority than originally planned out. It seems like CBPO final offers have more weight attached to their geo pref (which I assume is why people waiting for TOs from certain locations in the US have to wait longer; the spots at the PoE actually have to open up), whereas if you EOD for a BPA position, you have a geo pref, but it's a crapshoot if you're actually going to get near your preference of not. Again, I haven't made any firm decisions; I'm just going through the motions and see what comes to me; I'll leave it to the Big Guy upstairs to figure it out.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• So, is it me or has CASS not updated anything what-so-ever for the last like month...=\ i'm getting frustrated here I know i know... "Join the club" but I completed my BI last month, he has contacted all my referrences and there was one form which I needed to send them again, which I did and nothing! what is going on? I have called MHC and they never pick up, previously I had called and they'd pick up and speak with you, now it always goes to their answering machine
          Geo Pref: Miami
          Score: 92
          Grade Level: 5
          EOD: 11/10/2008
          Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

Comment

• Originally posted by psychoticnemo View Post
            So, is it me or has CASS not updated anything what-so-ever for the last like month...=\ i'm getting frustrated here I know i know... "Join the club" but I completed my BI last month, he has contacted all my referrences and there was one form which I needed to send them again, which I did and nothing! what is going on? I have called MHC and they never pick up, previously I had called and they'd pick up and speak with you, now it always goes to their answering machine
            They didn't update anything on mine for months. Actually I got the TSU letter a week before it showed up in CASS. Honestly I'd have done myself a favor by just ignoring CASS in retrospect. My two cents anyways.

Comment

• Bi

I finally heard from my Background Investigator today. I will meet with him on the 10th at my local PD's interrogation room(sounds fun). It was great to have some movement in my application. I was afraid that it had fallen behind someone’s desk.

I know all the horror stories about waiting months for the BI to be cleared even after meeting with your investigator, but are there any stories from anyone who got it done surprisingly quickly?

I'm trying to tell myself that if I meet with my BI next Friday, that maybe I could get "the call" in about a month.

I'm trying to think positive

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                I know all the horror stories about waiting months for the BI to be cleared even after meeting with your investigator, but are there any stories from anyone who got it done surprisingly quickly?
                Mine was apparently "super easy" according to my BI, and it took a month and a half or so. I got a call from an adjudicator one day asking me a question, and once I did he told me I was done. Don't hold your breath though, the stories on this board about people waiting MONTHS. I think it's Yoda that's still waiting around, and his background was started in December of last year (although I think he finally got a NOPA? I don't remember).

edit: yes he did.
                Last edited by sap123; 10-03-2008, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Mine was apparently "super easy" according to my BI, and it took a month and a half or so. I got a call from an adjudicator one day asking me a question, and once I did he told me I was done. Don't hold your breath though, the stories on this board about people waiting MONTHS. I think it's Yoda that's still waiting around, and his background was started in December of last year (although I think he finally got a NOPA? I don't remember).
                  My credit was pulled about a month and a half ago so I expected to hear from my BI much sooner.

I'd like to imagine in my La-la land of magic elves and prancing (yeah, I typed prancing) gnomes, that my BI has been processing for at least a month. Unfortunately, my realistic side tells me that I won't be seeing FLETC any time in 2008. Hey....at least I'll get to spend the holidays with my family.

Just wondering....are the numbers to CASS starting to wear off on anyone else’s phone?

Comment

• FOR ALL THOSE WAITING ON BACKGROUND CHECKS AND THOSE NOTICING THEIR CREDITS BEING PULLED:

Stay away from freecreditreport.com ... or be advised they do charge you $13.95 a month! It will come up under cic triple advantage on your statement...the better business bureau receives numerous complaints about them daily. I recommend using another credit check to see if CBP is pulling up your history.
                    CBP Officer
                    Newark, NJ

Comment

• Recent Graduates/Attendees CBPO...

Another question, please confirm.

Do we really have to wear a suit and tie first day of class as FLETC website states

male students will wear a dress shirt, tie, and appropriate slacks and suit coat;
                      or can we just to the kaki pants, polo shirt and black shoes?
                      Last edited by bronze01; 10-03-2008, 04:58 PM. Reason: bolded "First Day"

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                        Another question, please confirm.

Do we really have to wear a suit and tie first day of class as FLETC website states

or can we just to the kaki pants, polo shirt and black shoes?
                        First day you don't need to wear a suit, but I would suggest a shirt and tie. Treat it as your first day at a new job. Put your best foot forward. This will be your class coordinator and other instuctors first impression of you.
                        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

The bottom line is this: If you're not getting a phone call from DC asking you if you want to withdraw your application or a letter in the mail saying you're unsuitable or some sort of sign that you're out of the process, you're in good shape. There's nothing you can do at this point except to do what you've been doing and what you were told to do (call once in awhile to see if you can get an update). Your NOPA for "not a big deal" could indeed be a big deal to someone else looking at what they have in front of them, or perhaps your file is sitting in the stack that is about to get cleared; there's no way to say.
                          That's what I figured. Like everyone else, I'm pulling my hair out. It'll be two years in February since I started this process. I'm at a point now, where just wish I'd get a yes or no so I can move on.
                          ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                          Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                          March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                          July 09 Oral Board
                          Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                          Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                            First day you don't need to wear a suit, but I would suggest a shirt and tie. Treat it as your first day at a new job. Put your best foot forward. This will be your class coordinator and other instuctors first impression of you.
                            Do they take a class photo at the beginning of the academy? Could be why they want everyone looking spiffy. Just a guess though.

Comment

• for the people that have met with a BI, are they contracted out by the gov't or are they gov't employees? I had a BI done for CBP last year for a different job and my BI was not a gov't employee...

Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by MSUgirL View Post
                                for the people that have met with a BI, are they contracted out by the gov't or are they gov't employees? I had a BI done for CBP last year for a different job and my BI was not a gov't employee...

Just curious.
                                They are contracted, and usually retired fed's...
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6726 users online. 357 members and 6369 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X