300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
    Hello ladies and gentlemen im new to the site. Im hoping to join CBP AZ. Took the test two years ago did'nt pass. Hoping to try again this year or whenever the next opening is. Any and all help is much appreciated to help succeed and pass the test. I'm 25 and in pretty good shape already so my main concern is the entrance exam. I printed the Study manual offerd on the CBP website. Is there any other helpful study manuals out there or other resources to help. Thanks and I would really appreciate the help.

How are your skills with math? Or I guess I should say how were your skills with math when you were in school? I loved math but I'm 28 and haven't done some of that crap in years so I had to brush up on it. Seemed like a lot of word problem type math to me, so prepare for that. Read over the study guide as much as possible. It seems like a lot if useless study material until you get in the room to take the test. It gives you a really good idea on how the format is going to be. If you were or are good with grammar and sentence structure stuff then the writing skills part will be a breeze. The logical reasoning is kind of common sense stuff with a twist. Just pay attention to the questions. Don't skip out on studying, I wish I would have looked it over a little more but I got pretty lucky. Also try not to take to much time on each question. I kept trying to read it more than once and found myself coming down to the wire toward the end of each section.

Comment

• Hang in there Jade...I know exactly how you feel. They've already spent so much time, effort and money on us to just pass us by...I hope. Im just waiting till August 9th. Hopefully after that I'll join Future, Kattle and others.
      Geo: West Coast
      Applied: 7-1-13
      Tested: 8-3-13
      NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
      Tentative Select: 12-16-13
      Medical: 12-30-13
      Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
      VBT & SI: 3-17-14
      Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
      Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
      Background finished: 6-10-14
      Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
      Drug Test: 8-13-14
      The Call: 08-20-14
      PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
      EOD: 9-22-2014
      Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• Ok so I just got off the phone with MHC, for those of us that had questions as to why our NORs stated that our eligibility expired on the 3rd of August 2014. MHC said "well that's good news for you, because that's the date that we have to send out referrals by". So I understand that as they have to send out TSLs by August 3rd. So I guess this announcement they are actually trying to speed up the process. Good luck to all.....

Comment

• Thanks for the advice.I'm 25 and I'm pretty good with math took some college classes about two years ago. The study guides a bit tricky ive noticed at times confusing, but I plan on studying as mush as possible to be ready fro the next opening. Is there any other helpful resources out there beside the CBP study manual that are helpful?

Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
          How are your skills with math? Or I guess I should say how were your skills with math when you were in school? I loved math but I'm 28 and haven't done some of that crap in years so I had to brush up on it. Seemed like a lot of word problem type math to me, so prepare for that. Read over the study guide as much as possible. It seems like a lot if useless study material until you get in the room to take the test. It gives you a really good idea on how the format is going to be. If you were or are good with grammar and sentence structure stuff then the writing skills part will be a breeze. The logical reasoning is kind of common sense stuff with a twist. Just pay attention to the questions. Don't skip out on studying, I wish I would have looked it over a little more but I got pretty lucky. Also try not to take to much time on each question. I kept trying to read it more than once and found myself coming down to the wire toward the end of each section.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
            Ok so I just got off the phone with MHC, for those of us that had questions as to why our NORs stated that our eligibility expired on the 3rd of August 2014. MHC said "well that's good news for you, because that's the date that we have to send out referrals by". So I understand that as they have to send out TSLs by August 3rd. So I guess this announcement they are actually trying to speed up the process. Good luck to all.....
            I'm going to play devils advocate and ask if August 4th comes and there is nothing does that mean your SOL??

However, I read the announcement again and it says applicants will be ranked and referred in groups starting with Highly Qualified down to Qualified. So that doesn't necessarily mean TSL will be sent out any quicker. I see that being an extra step now.

However I heard the term streamlined twice with the recent new announcement. Who knows what constitutes streamline and if it actually will spend up the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              I'm going to play devils advocate and ask if August 4th comes and there is nothing does that mean your SOL??

However, I read the announcement again and it says applicants will be ranked and referred in groups starting with Highly Qualified down to Qualified. So that doesn't necessarily mean TSL will be sent out any quicker. I see that being an extra step now.

However I heard the term streamlined twice with the recent new announcement. Who knows what constitutes streamline and if it actually will spend up the process.
              You sirs deserve a cookie.

I hope I get a TSL sooner rather than later. Pretty excited to move forward.
              Geo: West Coast
              CBPO Exam: June 2014
              NOR: July 2014
              TSL: August 2014
              eQIP Sent: August 2014
              Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
              VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
              Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• Hey guys, new to forum but long time lurker.

I received my NOR this past Monday(6/14/14) with a score of 85.
                I noticed in the email it says "Eligibility Expires:08/01/2014" Can anyone explain what that means?

Thank you.

Edit-- As I posted this I see a reply from above.

Comment

• got an email saying I am not eligible and gave me three different reasons as to what might have been the reason that I was ineligible anymore. Good luck to those and stay focused!!!

Comment

• Hey guys, I got the call about an hour ago and am headed to Champlain, NY. EOD on 08/11/14 and will be in FLETC from 09/09/14/-01/22/15.

FYI FOR NORTHEAST APPLICANTS:

Be prepared. There are no openings anywhere other than the New York, Vermont or Maine borders to Canada. I tried to get Buffalo and was told there are no more openings there. Champlain was the best option; as Jackman, ME, an option, has a population of 862 people. Just wanted those to be aware so it doesn't catch anyone off guard.

Also, as I am still a contractor for OPM, if anyone needs questions or help with the BI process, let me know. I know that its a long and sometimes nervous time, and I want to be able to assist if I can with the nerves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post

I'm looking forward to everything and looking forward to meeting you, Jade, and everyone else at the academy next month!
                      Likewise! Looking forward to meeting you aswell!

Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                      Oh how nice of you Kattle, I was feeling down today coz it has been 16 days since my case has been to the adjudication and haven't heard a thing, but never know. I look forward to see you guys at the academy too.
                      Jade it took me 19 days to get the call, and Moten just got a call, I have a feeling this week or next week is your week!
                      Chin Up! Keep training! Co-Worker failed the mile and a half run last week. Don't be that applicant that fails the LAST step!
                      Good luck Jade! I'll see you soon!

Originally posted by Moten44 View Post
                      Hey guys, I got the call about an hour ago and am headed to Champlain, NY. EOD on 08/11/14 and will be in FLETC from 09/09/14/-01/22/15.
                      Congratulations! See you in FLETC!
                      Geo - East Texas
                      Exam date - 9/7/2013
                      NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                      TSL - 11/27/2014
                      PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                      VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                      EQIP - 1/18/2014
                      Credit check - 2/4/2014
                      GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                      Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                      Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                      Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                      Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                      PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                      EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                      FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                      CBP Session #359 Guidon
                      Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by Moten44 View Post
                        Hey guys, I got the call about an hour ago and am headed to Champlain, NY. EOD on 08/11/14 and will be in FLETC from 09/09/14/-01/22/15.

Be prepared. There are no openings anywhere other than the New York, Vermont or Maine borders to Canada. I tried to get Buffalo and was told there are no more openings there. Champlain was the best option; as Jackman, ME, an option, has a population of 862 people. Just wanted those to be aware so it doesn't catch anyone off guard.

Also, as I am still a contractor for OPM, if anyone needs questions or help with the BI process, let me know. I know that its a long and sometimes nervous time, and I want to be able to assist if I can with the nerves.
                        Also for the northeast applicants if you get an offer on Van Buren Maine, Madawaska Maine or anything in that area you are more than welcome to ask questions or whatever you might want to know. I am a BP Agent out of Van Buren so I can help with whatever you may want to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post

That's a good point and looking at everyone else's NORs, it seems some of us have different eligibility dates. Maybe that is how they are breaking us up into groups? Who knows. I do know that MHC directly told me that any offer they extend would have to become before that date. As far as being SOL after that date I have no clue, but that is kind of the way I understood it. And as far as streamlined goes, it will most definitely make things faster. It took me over 6 months to get hired with BP years back, but guys that came in a little after me were using the term "streamlined" and they were getting in at the 3 and 4 month mark if I remember correctly. But again, who knows what's really going to happen. I can say though that I have never seen a back to back announcement inside of 3 months happen, so being streamlined is a possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocsk8er03 View Post
                            Also for the northeast applicants if you get an offer on Van Buren Maine, Madawaska Maine or anything in that area you are more than welcome to ask questions or whatever you might want to know. I am a BP Agent out of Van Buren so I can help with whatever you may want to know.

Since it's looking like the northern border, are there any POEs you recommend over others? I'm in the Boston area, and Maine would probably be the most logical for me (if I do get through the rest of this process). I've heard Calais, Houlton, Van Buren, Jackman, and Coburn Gore have been offered recently. Any of those places to AVOID? I understand they are all cold and remote.

How is life in Van Buren, and what can you tell me from the OFO side of things there (if you are familiar)?
                            Last edited by Fdriver; 07-16-2014, 02:15 PM.
                            Geo: Northeast
                            Written Test: 8/28/2013 (97 no vet points)
                            NOR: 9/9/2013
                            TSL: 11/27/2013
                            Medical/PT: 12/19/2014
                            VBT/SI: 01/02/2014
                            Medical cleared: 04/08/4014
                            Equip/fingerprints received: 04/11/2014
                            Poly: 05/27/2014
                            Received NOPA: 06/30/2014
                            Replied to NOPA: 07/22/2014
                            1st meeting with BI: 08/06/2014
                            2nd meeting with BI: 08/08/2014
                            Drug Test: 09/25/2014
                            All green checks: 09/30/2014
                            Got the call!: 10/01/2014
                            Pft2: 10/23/2014
                            EOD: 11/03/2014
                            FLETC: 11/24/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Moten44 View Post

Good lord. I was hoping for Buffalo, too. I've never lived in the NE part of the country, so as a 32 year old male who wants to mingle with his age group and younger, what are the best options? Are there any nearby cities that are bigger? I'd be willing to drive 30-45 minutes to a duty location if it means I can actually have a life, lol.
                              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                              02/28/14-TSL Received
                              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                              07/01/14-VBT/SI
                              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by wn8 View Post
                                got an email saying I am not eligible and gave me three different reasons as to what might have been the reason that I was ineligible anymore. Good luck to those and stay focused!!!
                                Could you please let us know what step of the process were you in? Was it poly? vbt?

Originally posted by Moten44 View Post
                                Congrats, hope I'll be the next to get the call and see you guys there.

Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                                Likewise! Looking forward to meeting you aswell!
                                Jade it took me 19 days to get the call, and Moten just got a call, I have a feeling this week or next week is your week!
                                Chin Up! Keep training! Co-Worker failed the mile and a half run last week. Don't be that applicant that fails the LAST step!
                                Good luck Jade! I'll see you soon!
                                Future, I haven't stopped training since two weeks ago when you told me to train with "NO excuses" and I have been doing that every day Good news is that theres' no news yet, so I trust in God's timing not mine. I'll see you at FLETC soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9954 users online. 378 members and 9576 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X