Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
    The p2000 is a compact gun that would be comfortable to carry. I personally carry a G36 .45 sub-compact 6+1 and it never shows - even with a T-shirt. I don't even use a holster. Fits snug on my right rear flank area.
    That is a very very bad idea to do with a Glock. Get SOMETHING that covers the trigger...

    Comment


    • ..........
      Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:04 PM.

      Comment


      • ..........
        Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:04 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
          I don't have any fingers on my hip or wear trendy jeans with crap sticking out of them. HR218 covers all LEO's. I don't plan on carrying my g-gun either. I can give a rats ***** if CBP will "back me up". If I pull my weapon off-duty it will be to save myself or my family. I'm already licensed in my state to carry concealed too. CBP can't govern my off-duty carry of my personal weapon either.
          I'm not disputing the law with you, I know what it is, I was just pointing that out to people who thought they could do the same thing and expect CBP not to care. Now, you raise a good point, if you're a CCW holder in the state you reside in, it doesn't matter that much to begin with, you can go by your state's CCW laws.

          Those of us living in California on the other hand...


          Lastly, I don't care what you wear or how you wear it, carrying a weapon (especially a GLOCK) without some sort of retention or holster of any kind is a silly and dangerous idea. I'm going to drop this though, this argument isn't for this forum. It's your leg.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

          "And you are kinda intoxicated."

          Comment


          • Just sent in all my pre-requirement forms...sending in my fingerprints really made the process real. I'm excited. Any of you guys send 'em in yet?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
              Just sent in all my pre-requirement forms...sending in my fingerprints really made the process real. I'm excited. Any of you guys send 'em in yet?
              I sent my stuff in the minute I got home from being out of town last weekend. Did you have any problems with the fingerprints? All of the PDs around here do digital finger prints apparently. I was going to have to get them done the next county over until someone from MHC emailed me to let me know that I didn't have to do e-qip or fingerprints or any other IA stuff because I have been previously cleared from a different application.
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

              "And you are kinda intoxicated."

              Comment


              • Checked CASS and lo and behold I see referred to schedule EOD.
                FINALLY! Can someone tell me if they give date options or not.
                Is pushing out the EOD a possibility?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
                  Just sent in all my pre-requirement forms...sending in my fingerprints really made the process real. I'm excited. Any of you guys send 'em in yet?
                  Yep, I received my packet Saturday and got it sent in the same day.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Waitingforever View Post
                    Checked CASS and lo and behold I see referred to schedule EOD.
                    FINALLY! Can someone tell me if they give date options or not.
                    Is pushing out the EOD a possibility?
                    Which geo?
                    "Do you have an appointment?"

                    -Gupta Rajan

                    Comment


                    • Geo is Arizona. No info on assigned port.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                        Your ill-educated statement goes well with your 'nobama' avatar. Makes me wish one needed a masters to join any LEO.

                        This is the incorrect forum for this dribble.

                        Why don't you explain yourself? I'd like to hear specifically what you disagree with. I'd also like to hear your highly enlightened views on politics. If you think this is racial, let me put a stop to that right now. That is not even a thought in my mind.

                        I may not understand your reply since I only graduated the six grade and got my GED online from the national high school of Paraguay.

                        Oh yeah, NOBAMA NOBAMA NOBAMA NOBAMA.

                        Please send me a PM so we can continue this. I'd hate to clutter the forum with our "discussion".
                        Last edited by will0861; 10-03-2008, 12:00 AM.
                        ICE IEA

                        May 08 Written Test
                        Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                        March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                        July 09 Oral Board
                        Background Started 11/16/09

                        EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                        Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

                        Comment


                        • On a serious note,

                          I posted this earlier, and I hate to double post, but I'm really hoping someone can answer my question.

                          I sent back my NOPA letter a few months ago, and I spoke to the lady who was handling my case. The time I spoke with her she said my issue wasn't a big deal, and she would pass me on. In speaking with her, I got the impression that my background was good to go, and my file just needed to pass though the proper channels. She suggested I call every couple weeks to check on my status. Last time I spoke with her, she said she had still not received a decision.

                          So my question is, if I was told that my issue was not a big deal, then is it possible that I could still be turned down? I figured that if they are going to invest that much time in me, and only send a NOPA for one issue, then my background should be acceptable. I'd appreciate your thoughts. I'm only asking because she gave me a time frame of 2-6 weeks, and I'm at the end, if not passed the six week mark.

                          Thanks
                          ICE IEA

                          May 08 Written Test
                          Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                          March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                          July 09 Oral Board
                          Background Started 11/16/09

                          EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                          Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                            I sent my stuff in the minute I got home from being out of town last weekend. Did you have any problems with the fingerprints? All of the PDs around here do digital finger prints apparently. I was going to have to get them done the next county over until someone from MHC emailed me to let me know that I didn't have to do e-qip or fingerprints or any other IA stuff because I have been previously cleared from a different application.
                            Yeah all the PDs did electronic ones here, too. I had to wait until Wednesday to go to another county which still did tradition fingerprints. So does the whole waiting game officially start now?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
                              Yeah all the PDs did electronic ones here, too. I had to wait until Wednesday to go to another county which still did tradition fingerprints. So does the whole waiting game officially start now?
                              The whole waiting game started when you filed your application buddy. Strap in, you'll be here for awhile.
                              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                              "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                                On a serious note,

                                I posted this earlier, and I hate to double post, but I'm really hoping someone can answer my question.

                                I sent back my NOPA letter a few months ago, and I spoke to the lady who was handling my case. The time I spoke with her she said my issue wasn't a big deal, and she would pass me on. In speaking with her, I got the impression that my background was good to go, and my file just needed to pass though the proper channels. She suggested I call every couple weeks to check on my status. Last time I spoke with her, she said she had still not received a decision.

                                So my question is, if I was told that my issue was not a big deal, then is it possible that I could still be turned down? I figured that if they are going to invest that much time in me, and only send a NOPA for one issue, then my background should be acceptable. I'd appreciate your thoughts. I'm only asking because she gave me a time frame of 2-6 weeks, and I'm at the end, if not passed the six week mark.

                                Thanks
                                The bottom line is this: If you're not getting a phone call from DC asking you if you want to withdraw your application or a letter in the mail saying you're unsuitable or some sort of sign that you're out of the process, you're in good shape. There's nothing you can do at this point except to do what you've been doing and what you were told to do (call once in awhile to see if you can get an update). Your NOPA for "not a big deal" could indeed be a big deal to someone else looking at what they have in front of them, or perhaps your file is sitting in the stack that is about to get cleared; there's no way to say.
                                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                                "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 17595 users online. 457 members and 17138 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X