Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks all for the reply about the VBT.

    Comment


    • Congratulations Kattle! Where in San Diego did you have the PFT2? outdoors or indoors? If they had you run on a track, did you do half a lap for the 220 yards? I am practicing at my local high school track, so your insight will give me an idea of what to expect. I am from southern California, and I am schedule to take my PFT2 in San Diego.

      My backgrounds Inv. went green on CASS last week, and I also had my drug test completed last week. I am hoping to get my EOD call by next week.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Wlioncbp View Post
        Congratulations Kattle! Where in San Diego did you have the PFT2? outdoors or indoors? If they had you run on a track, did you do half a lap for the 220 yards? I am practicing at my local high school track, so your insight will give me an idea of what to expect. I am from southern California, and I am schedule to take my PFT2 in San Diego.

        My backgrounds Inv. went green on CASS last week, and I also had my drug test completed last week. I am hoping to get my EOD call by next week.
        I originally was scheduled to have it on a college track (Southwestern College) but they changed the location to the Olympic Training Center. It was outdoors and the 220 was a little over half a lap since the track is 400m. It was a very nice facility and crazy to see athletes from around the world there training. Good luck man! Hope to see you at the academy!
        Geo: SWB
        CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
        NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
        TSL - 01/31/14
        Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
        VBT/SI - 02/28/14
        BI - 03/15/14
        Poly - 04/30/14
        BI Cleared - 06/24/14
        Drug Test - 06/26/14
        The Call - 06/26/14
        PFT 2 - 07/11/14
        EOD - 07/14/14
        Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

        Comment


        • My friend is starting Pre Academy at JFK on Monday. He wanted me to ask what the policy on tattoos is. If someone has them on their neck or hands, Do they have to be covered up? Thanks.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kmiech View Post
            My friend is starting Pre Academy at JFK on Monday. He wanted me to ask what the policy on tattoos is. If someone has them on their neck or hands, Do they have to be covered up? Thanks.
            Your friend was hired with neck and hand tattoos? I suppose it doesn't matter then if they were showing when they were hired. Perhaps they would be working cargo where things like that don't matter.

            Comment


            • I doubt somebody who just starts will get a position like cargo. So if anyone has any real knowledge on this subject I would appreciate it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                Hey all. I passed the PFT2 today.
                220 Yard Sprint - 32.93
                Sit Ups - 31 seconds
                Push Ups - 20 seconds
                1.5 Mile Run - 11 minutes 38 seconds

                It was easier than I expected. There were 8 CBP and 9 BP there. They had us assigned a certain order and so we took turns doing each thing so we got more rest which was nice. The very first guy on the 220 Sprint pulled a hamstring and so he was automatically DQed. I met three other people there EODing with me and going to the academy with me so with them and the people I've met on here I'll at least know some people to help cope with the huge change.

                You'll do fine Jade. Just keep up the training.
                Congratulations!!
                Geo - East Texas
                Exam date - 9/7/2013
                NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                TSL - 11/27/2014
                PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                EQIP - 1/18/2014
                Credit check - 2/4/2014
                GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                CBP Session #359 Guidon
                Awarded Physical Training Award

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kmiech View Post
                  I doubt somebody who just starts will get a position like cargo. So if anyone has any real knowledge on this subject I would appreciate it.
                  You ask a slightly rhetorical question. If your "friend" has tattoos on their "neck" and "hands", the only way to "cover them up" would be to either wear gloves FT, turtlenecks, or high-collar shirts. I doubt any special dress code requirements would be made strictly for your "friend". However, if there is any issue, I am sure your "friend" will be notified during their pre-academy employment.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by scdo32 View Post
                    I am in the same issue, joshk24 & jdmgreg. I called a few days ago and the medical ppl said they have already sent it back to CBP. So I called them and they say it's with the nurse and it could take up to 6-12 weeks.
                    Thanks for the input. More waiting for us then.
                    Geo - Central East Coast
                    CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                    NOR - 10/24/2013
                    TSL - 1/30/2014
                    VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                    PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                    VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                    eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                      You ask a slightly rhetorical question. If your "friend" has tattoos on their "neck" and "hands", the only way to "cover them up" would be to either wear gloves FT, turtlenecks, or high-collar shirts. I doubt any special dress code requirements would be made strictly for your "friend". However, if there is any issue, I am sure your "friend" will be notified during their pre-academy employment.
                      I suspect his friend is asking this question because he is interested in getting neck and hand tattoos in the future.

                      Comment


                      • I love how anytime somebody asks a question for a friend it must be about them. I don't have any tattoos nor do I plan on getting any. I am still in the process unlike my "friend" who EODs very shortly and doesn't have an account. Also it's not a rhetorical question at all. I found out from someone who unlike you actually has knowledge of the situation. Tattoos are permitted in both areas as long as they are not gang related. But thank you for taking time out of your busy day to not answer my question.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by covan7002 View Post
                          I suspect his friend is asking this question because he is interested in getting neck and hand tattoos in the future.
                          Cause that's professional...........

                          Comment


                          • You sound a little salty that he got hired and not you..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kmiech View Post
                              You sound a little salty that he got hired and not you..
                              Not at all. I have tattoos as well. It is just my opinion that placing them on those specific parts of the body when you are a Federal Officer, one who represents the United States, is not only unprofessional but a bad life choice. But again, this is my opinion and I am entitled to have one. I wish your friend nothing but the best in their career and you as well.

                              Comment


                              • I guess I missed the tattoo skirmish for today

                                Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                                The very first guy on the 220 Sprint pulled a hamstring and so he was automatically DQed.
                                I feel bad for guys & gals who get to PFT2 and fail, and they probably did coz there were nervous. It would be good from the agency if they give a second chance a month later or so to candidates who failed their PFT2.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10881 users online. 393 members and 10488 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X