300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
    Today is 2 months since had my vbt/si and still no eqip.
    Any word on your med-review? BI email will not go out until med-review is cleared.

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
      I can't provide any references from a job held for a few months back in 2005/2006. Heck, I cannot remember any names. I dunno. I might have to explain my situation.
      Just input as much info as you can remember they might call you once they cant find the person you mentioned.
      They call me for a reference I put from another state since I moved from base to base is hard to remember all the names plus most likely they also got orders to go somewhere else.
      They will interview as much people as they can or have time and then send their report.

For neighbors even if you put reference A,B,and C they will still go talk to the other neighbors that are not on the list for example D,E,etc they just want to make sure that you are a good person. So even if neighbor F dont know you then he have nothing bad to say about you. And that will look good. That tells the investigator you dont spend your time on the corner waiting for trouble. I hope you get the point.

Good luck, and dont stress out for stuff you dont remember they are also Humans, they know we dont have a list with people names every time we move or go from job to job.
      You provide some info their job is to go find out if that true, the more info you provide the easier is for them to find the references.

Comment

• Hey guys, glad to see so many of you moving along. I have yet to hear about my polygraph results (tested 06/20). This wait is driving me crazy.

Comment

• Only update I had was when I emailed them about a month ago and they said my medical was currently in the nurses office for review. If there are any questions, they will contact me within a few weeks. Well it's a month later and nothing. I'm a very healthy person, so not sure why it's taking so long.
          Geo- Florida
          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
          NOR- 98 10/25/13
          Qual- GS 7
          TSL- 2/28/14
          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

Argh. I don't have any references from when I lived in any of the apartments I've lived in, which is only two in the past ten years. All the managers are gone, and one person I knew from my previous apartment joined the army.

Can I just introduce myself to my neighbor, and inform him/her what I'm doing, and obtain their information? Would be that sufficient? I mean, we briefly say hello to each other, and that's about it.

Thanks
            Cur, on the back of one of the attachments you have to print out, there is a list of people who you can contact. It goes by the last four digits of your Social Security Number. Call and ask about that.

I notified my landlord that I was in the hiring process and that he may receive a call just verifying that I live at that address, no suspicious behavior, etc. He didn't have a problem with it. You don't have a building super or landlord you can ask?
            Civitas Ad Mare
            LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
            TSL: 12/18/13
            PFT1/Med: 1/14
            VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
            BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
            Drug test: TBD
            Polygraph: TBD
            PFT2: TBD
            EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
            Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
              Only update I had was when I emailed them about a month ago and they said my medical was currently in the nurses office for review. If there are any questions, they will contact me within a few weeks. Well it's a month later and nothing. I'm a very healthy person, so not sure why it's taking so long.
              I'm with you man. I almost withdrew my application a few weeks ago when I learned that my file was "accidentally" left on someone's desk for a month. These contractors are not the sharpest tools in the shed. You can argue that they are "overwhelmed" however, many folks have their lives and livelihood riding on these positions.

On a good note, I am probably a few weeks out from a job offer as a correctional officer down south so if I get that offer I will be moving out of the Central east area and CBPO running.

Comment

• For those who are starting the BI process, I am currently a federal contractor for OPM doing BI's, so I can help anyone with questions or concerns. I would have this listed this as a signature, but the new site is driving me nuts.

Comment

• Moten44,

Since you are doing BI's for OPM, what happens when someone who already works for the agency applies? I am an Agent with BP already and have had my 5 year BI a while back. Is the BI something that can be skipped or is it something I'm going to have to deal with again?

Thanks for any info......much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                    I'm with you man. I almost withdrew my application a few weeks ago when I learned that my file was "accidentally" left on someone's desk for a month. These contractors are not the sharpest tools in the shed. You can argue that they are "overwhelmed" however, many folks have their lives and livelihood riding on these positions.

On a good note, I am probably a few weeks out from a job offer as a correctional officer down south so if I get that offer I will be moving out of the Central east area and CBPO running.
                    I hope my file wasn't "accidentally" left on someone's desk!! Starting to seem that way though. I think mine has probably taken longer than anyone else on this forum.

Congrats on the correctional officer job. Where at down south?
                    Geo- Florida
                    CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                    NOR- 98 10/25/13
                    Qual- GS 7
                    TSL- 2/28/14
                    PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                    VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                    VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                    BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                    BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                    BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Sadly, 99.9% of agencies refuse to share information so you will have to go through it again. Each agency tends to ask different questions which requires another BI. I have seen one case where they just transferred their clearance. Its really rare, and is a waste of money IMO.

Also, it does not speed up the process if you have a clearance. I have two and I'm still waiting. PM with any other questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moten44 View Post
                        For those who are starting the BI process, I am currently a federal contractor for OPM doing BI's, so I can help anyone with questions or concerns. I would have this listed this as a signature, but the new site is driving me nuts.
                        if I have a reference that'll be out of state, do you instead call them? Thanks.
                        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                        02/28/14-TSL Received
                        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                        07/01/14-VBT/SI
                        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Anyone else apply to the recent posting? I took the initial test several weeks ago but haven't heard anything...wondering if anyone else was similarly situated.

Comment

• Well that's the thing, I already work for the agency. OFO and BP both falling under DHS I am almost certain they contract the same guys for BIs. And yea I know the while clearance thing doesn't help but most don't have a clearance anyway. I know of a few guys in the OFO academy right now that were X BP and at least one of them didn't have to do another BI. Not to sure about the others and really just trying to get some clarification from someone on the inside.

Comment

• c_b,

I applied for the last announcement as well, tested already and still waiting on results as well. I think MHC is seriously swamped even from the last announcement. I think test results are coming soon but I wouldn't expect much of a speedy process. They have also been dealing with a large influx of BP agents that are lateraling over rather than the traditional initial hire.

Comment

if I have a reference that'll be out of state, do you instead call them? Thanks.
                                All my references (people who know me well) are out of state. 2 of 3 of them were called. So yeah, if you lived in another state then its normal to have people knew you there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10031 users online. 439 members and 9592 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X