300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
    Ok, I received my e-quip today. I'm going to start on it tomorrow, but as far as signature, do I have to print the e-quip after I'm done, and sign it with my signature on the required pages, or can I generate an electronic signature?

Also, this BI packet looks easier than the one I did for the USSS. For one thing, it doesn't require me to go all the way from birth for all the places I've lived. Everything is 10 years, which is PERFECT.

If I have any questions, I hope you guys and gals can help answer them.

Thanks

EDIT-I'm using IE9, and I can't get onto e-quip. It says my browser doesn't support 128 bit encryption, yet when I try and DL the encryption packet, it says IE9 supports it already. The TLS 1.0 is already checked, too.
    I had a lot of issues trying to print out my forms also. Somehow my mom was able to figure it out for me and so I had her print two copies of everything incase I screwed something up.

No e-sig, you must print out all the forms and sign them, then when you complete EQIP, you can either scan the signed documents and upload them online or you can fax them to a number. There is a separate attachment in there that has step-by-step instructions on how to do EQIP, the financial disclosure, etc.
    I hope this helps!
    Civitas Ad Mare
    LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
    TSL: 12/18/13
    PFT1/Med: 1/14
    VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
    BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
    Drug test: TBD
    Polygraph: TBD
    PFT2: TBD
    EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
    Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• Am overly motivated to realize most of you havn't given up on this. We will slowly but surely get there sooner than later. Well, i've got to get back on my training routine as well (daily push ups in the bedroom in the morning n before shower, running 4 times a week in the gym n on the field under scorching texas sun etc).
      goodluck guys

Comment

• Are there any other BP Agents on here that are in the process with OFO?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
          I had a lot of issues trying to print out my forms also. Somehow my mom was able to figure it out for me and so I had her print two copies of everything incase I screwed something up.

No e-sig, you must print out all the forms and sign them, then when you complete EQIP, you can either scan the signed documents and upload them online or you can fax them to a number. There is a separate attachment in there that has step-by-step instructions on how to do EQIP, the financial disclosure, etc.
          I hope this helps!
          Thank you so much.

I have another question. I'm probably overthinking as usual, and I just started on page one with entering your name, place of birth, and date, but let's say I was born outside of the country. Do I leave "county" blank or do I type in "not applicable."

Thank you
          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

Ok, I received my e-quip today. I'm going to start on it tomorrow, but as far as signature, do I have to print the e-quip after I'm done, and sign it with my signature on the required pages, or can I generate an electronic signature?

Also, this BI packet looks easier than the one I did for the USSS. For one thing, it doesn't require me to go all the way from birth for all the places I've lived. Everything is 10 years, which is PERFECT.

If I have any questions, I hope you guys and gals can help answer them.

Thanks

EDIT-I'm using IE9, and I can't get onto e-quip. It says my browser doesn't support 128 bit encryption, yet when I try and DL the encryption packet, it says IE9 supports it already. The TLS 1.0 is already checked, too.
            Install Mozilla Firefox. Firefox seems to work best with the E-Quip website.

Comment

• Also, what if I call an employer and they don't know who my supervisor was at the time I worked? I worked a job back in 2005/2006, and I think I remember contacting them to request a name, and they couldn't tell me.

Thanks

EDIT-Thanks, NYJ. For some reason, when I open up FF, IE9 seems to work.
              Last edited by cur679; 07-09-2014, 11:28 AM.
              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
              02/28/14-TSL Received
              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
              07/01/14-VBT/SI
              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• Argh. I don't have any references from when I lived in any of the apartments I've lived in, which is only two in the past ten years. All the managers are gone, and one person I knew from my previous apartment joined the army.

Can I just introduce myself to my neighbor, and inform him/her what I'm doing, and obtain their information? Would be that sufficient? I mean, we briefly say hello to each other, and that's about it.

Thanks
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• For BI I provide all the info that I have. The more recent he more detailed I am. They can't expect you to remember a phone number from 10 years ago. Their job is to investigate and if they have any questions they will ask you to clarify. I wouldn't stress myself over minute details. Just provide all the information to the best of your knowledge

Comment

Can I just introduce myself to my neighbor, and inform him/her what I'm doing, and obtain their information? Would be that sufficient? I mean, we briefly say hello to each other, and that's about it. Thanks
                    While EQIP sounds straight forward and easy, it has too many details that you will have to fill and not forget anything, which makes it challenging coz we have to go back 10 or 7 years back.
                    I introduced myself to my neighbors and took their info, but my BI never went and talked to them, he went to my old neighborhood asking neighbors there that I didnt even know!
                    My advice for you is to gather all the info first, you can print eqip and fill it out by hand so you are sure everything is included, then go online and fill it there, that will save you a lot of headache. I had a big sigh of relief when I submitted it. Good luck and let us know if you have more Qs.

Comment

• Ok, thanks, guys.

I may just have to talk to my current neighbhor and ask him for his info. Heck, I don't even think any of the neighbors from my old complex still live there.

Also, I'm struggling with the 3 references. I can name two of them, but one of them won't know what my social life is, and he was someone from my gym that I've known for years. We used to communicate via email seldomly. He was actually just in my work a couple days ago, and I asked him for his info.
                      CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                      02/28/14-TSL Received
                      03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                      07/01/14-VBT/SI
                      07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• Already pretty much done. I just need to complete a few more sections, and that's it.

Also, as far as drug use, I didn't have a question regarding illegal drug use like marijuana going back further 7 years. I know the poly examiner will still bring it up if I've done any throughout my life, but as far as the equip, it was only 7 years.
                        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                        02/28/14-TSL Received
                        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                        07/01/14-VBT/SI
                        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• "Argh. I don't have any references from when I lived in any of the apartments I've lived in, which is only two in the past ten years. All the managers are gone, and one person I knew from my previous apartment joined the army.

Can I just introduce myself to my neighbor, and inform him/her what I'm doing, and obtain their information? Would be that sufficient? I mean, we briefly say hello to each other, and that's about it."

I had a hard time locating my references for the last 10 years. They need references from all of your previous jobs, where you lived etc. I lived at 10 different places across the country because of my travelling job and they contacted each one of those who I was able to locate. Also keep in mind they would ask for references outside of the names that you already filled out in the e-qip. The BI put me in catch 22 situation when he showed up at my current workplace and started interviewing my co-workers.
                          Geo Midwest
                          10/18/2013 Written test
                          10/28/2013 NOR
                          1/8/2014 Medical / Fitness - Passed
                          2/14/2014 e-QIP submitted
                          2/18/2014 VBT/SI - Passed
                          5/5/2014 Passed qualifications / GS 7 eligible
                          6/13/2014 Polygraph - Passed
                          6/27/2014 Met the investigator
                          8/26/2014 Drug test
                          8/28/2014 The call
                          10/6/2014 EOD
                          Nov 3- March 18, 2105 Academy

Comment

• I can't provide any references from a job held for a few months back in 2005/2006. Heck, I cannot remember any names. I dunno. I might have to explain my situation.
                            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                            02/28/14-TSL Received
                            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                            07/01/14-VBT/SI
                            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• Today is 2 months since had my vbt/si and still no eqip.
                              Geo- Florida
                              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                              NOR- 98 10/25/13
                              Qual- GS 7
                              TSL- 2/28/14
                              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                                After the first.

FYI - this update sucks.
                                Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10771 users online. 381 members and 10390 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X