300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
    That's unfortunate. On the CBP website it says you can change your GEO with Border Patrol up until your final offer (unless that is outdated information). However, in that they are two separate agencies, that would explain why they may or may not have separate requirements.
    We have separate unions and I know with the Patrol, we get offered a station within your GEO choice. If you want it then you get hired, if you turn it down, you start the hiring process all over again. I believe CBP allows job swapping, basically if someone in your academy class is hired for NJ and they want to work in NY and you got hired for NY but would rather work in NJ, then you can swap and you pay your own moving expense's ect.

Comment

• Still waiting on that darn polygraph appointment!

Comment

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
        We have separate unions and I know with the Patrol, we get offered a station within your GEO choice. If you want it then you get hired, if you turn it down, you start the hiring process all over again. I believe CBP allows job swapping, basically if someone in your academy class is hired for NJ and they want to work in NY and you got hired for NY but would rather work in NJ, then you can swap and you pay your own moving expense's ect.
        Very good info. Thanks. Is there some type of port swap bulletin board set up at FLETC?

Comment

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
          Still waiting on that darn polygraph appointment!
          I'm still waiting on BI email. Although I was just informed by MHC that I will not receive that until after my med-review clears. JOSH, you will be interested to know that!

Comment

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post

Oh, wow. This is interesting. Is there like a meeting between classmates, or do you just randomly ask everyone if they want to switch?
            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
            02/28/14-TSL Received
            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
            07/01/14-VBT/SI
            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
            07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

I'm still waiting on BI email. Although I was just informed by MHC that I will not receive that until after my med-review clears. JOSH, you will be interested to know that!
              I had emailed them last week and they told me the same thing when they responded. Now I spend my days checking to see if my medical is checked off. Still not yet. The wait continues.
              Geo- Florida
              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
              NOR- 98 10/25/13
              Qual- GS 7
              TSL- 2/28/14
              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Waiting at the last stages for the call is tiring. Not hearing anything yet, still good coz that means you are still in the process. I keep checking my mailbox and email for something but nothing yet How many of you are feeling the pain like me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                  Waiting at the last stages for the call is tiring. Not hearing anything yet, still good coz that means you are still in the process. I keep checking my mailbox and email for something but nothing yet How many of you are feeling the pain like me?
                  I met with my BI on 6/27 and I believe they are going to submit my background info to the HQ by the end of this week. It's a waiting game from now on.
                  Geo Midwest
                  10/18/2013 Written test
                  10/28/2013 NOR
                  1/8/2014 Medical / Fitness - Passed
                  2/14/2014 e-QIP submitted
                  2/18/2014 VBT/SI - Passed
                  5/5/2014 Passed qualifications / GS 7 eligible
                  6/13/2014 Polygraph - Passed
                  6/27/2014 Met the investigator
                  8/26/2014 Drug test
                  8/28/2014 The call
                  10/6/2014 EOD
                  Nov 3- March 18, 2105 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                    I had emailed them last week and they told me the same thing when they responded. Now I spend my days checking to see if my medical is checked off. Still not yet. The wait continues.
                    I tried messaging you but your PM's are off.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO Applicant View Post
                      I met with my BI on 6/27 and I believe they are going to submit my background info to the HQ by the end of this week. It's a waiting game from now on.
                      That's what I thought last month too, until my BI contacted me 2 weeks later and told me that my BI was complete last week (took almost a month to complete) now I am waiting.

Comment

• How do I turn PM's on?
                        Geo- Florida
                        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                        NOR- 98 10/25/13
                        Qual- GS 7
                        TSL- 2/28/14
                        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• To Josh and all those in the waiting period, i say you are not alone. Like I said before, there is always a point in this process when somebody has to do some form of rather agonising waiting.
                          Iam done with the VBT, submitted eqip and related forms. Then I had to submit the required documents for them to initiate the verification of my selective service status. 6 weeks has passed already so i wrote them yesterday to findout if there is any latest development and here is what i got:

"[I[/I]Your selective service verification package is complete and is in the next package to be sent to HQ for review and submission to HROPP. This process can take a minimum of six months or longer once it has been submitted before the Minneapolis Hiring Center will hear anything.

We do appreciate your patience and will let you know if any additional information or action is needed".

This got me thinking, what would i have done if had no job while waiting for this process to end? All in all, i believe there will be light at the end of the tunnel for all those waiting. This waiting might be a blessing in disguise. Lets keep the fire burning and all shall be well sooner than expected.

Comment

• It is done through your account settings however, the entire forum did an update for me today and I do not know how to navigate things currently.

Comment

It is done through your account settings however, the entire forum did an update for me today and I do not know how to navigate things currently.
                              Yeah, there's an update on the website and it's kind of annoying at the beginning. For the account settings, go to the upper right where it says "menu" and click on "privacy policy" and scroll down, you will see your name and edit account.
                              For private messages, there's a little square on the top right of the page right by the "search" icon, click on it and it will show you messages.

Comment

• Originally posted by wllyblack View Post
                                This got me thinking, what would i have done if had no job while waiting for this process to end? All in all, i believe there will be light at the end of the tunnel for all those waiting. This waiting might be a blessing in disguise. Lets keep the fire burning and all shall be well sooner than expected.
                                This is the best advice you could ever give. We often forget our blessing and that we are actually close to getting the job and are in better situations than those who didn't get it for some reason or another. The best way for me now is keep training everyday. No excuses. By the time I get the call I will be ready and won't struggle. I will keep it up and thanks for the encouraging words

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12549 users online. 420 members and 12129 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X