Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any word on when we will receive the test scores for the latest announcement? In the past NORs were sent out within 2 weeks.

    I checked the application manager on usajobs.gov just now and my status has been updated from awaiting results - you will be notified to pending HR specialist action. They also updated my account to show the date that I tested ( June 11). This indicates movement on their part and shows that the wheels are turning slowly but surely. There is no information as to whether I passed or failed the exam. However, I am fairly confident that NOR's will go out before the purported next vacancy announcement opens up on July 16. I hope that this helps.
    Last edited by Top Gun; 07-07-2014, 10:22 PM.
    CBPO

    14-1
    Geo: SWB
    CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
    NOR: 07/14/14
    TSL: 08/01/14
    Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
    BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
    Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
    VBT / SI : 09/17/14
    Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
    Poly 1: 11/13/14
    Poly 2: 12/30/14



    BPA

    15-1
    Geo: Arizona
    BPA Exam: 12/16/14

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
      Living on the Island and surrounding areas is very expensive. We pay $1600 a month for a 1 bedroom. From what I understand, VA, MD, and Newark are not that much better from the research I did. However, this all depends on your family size and requirements.

      yea thats kind of what im trying to avoid. Although i would love to live there, i rather save the money and just travel there when i can. Im also looking at PA, ive been hearing good things about there. But im sure God will provide!
      Geo Central East Coast
      10/26/13 Took the test
      11/06/13 Passed Written test
      03/31/14 Received TSL
      04/09/14 Did medical and fitness test
      06/05/14 Did the VBT& SI interview
      06/13/14 Received BI paperwork
      07/10/14 Polygraph Test (inclonclusive) part 2 08/22/2014

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
        Dulles, I hope I can get it. It looks like I might hear something in August or Sept, but never know. It has been 5 days since my case has been in the adjudication branch. I will keep you posted and once I hear the call, I will listen to the end so I can let you know.
        Thanks a lot, please keep me posted. I give it by the end of this month, God willing!! And where is Dulles?
        Geo Central East Coast
        10/26/13 Took the test
        11/06/13 Passed Written test
        03/31/14 Received TSL
        04/09/14 Did medical and fitness test
        06/05/14 Did the VBT& SI interview
        06/13/14 Received BI paperwork
        07/10/14 Polygraph Test (inclonclusive) part 2 08/22/2014

        Comment


        • Washington Dulles International Airport is a public airport in Dulles, Virginia, west of downtown Washington, D.C. The airport serves the Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia metropolitan area centered on the District of Columbia.
          CBPO

          14-1
          Geo: SWB
          CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
          NOR: 07/14/14
          TSL: 08/01/14
          Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
          BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
          Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
          VBT / SI : 09/17/14
          Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
          Poly 1: 11/13/14
          Poly 2: 12/30/14



          BPA

          15-1
          Geo: Arizona
          BPA Exam: 12/16/14

          Comment


          • Originally posted by City2State2Fed View Post
            Where do you currently live? I live in queens so I was really hoping for JFK. I know a lot of people don't want NY because of the living expenses, but as NYJRM10 said I don't think it's much different for any other major metropolitan city. I pay $1,500 for a one bedroom and I currently make what I'll be making starting at CBP. I actually took a pay cut for my current job I'm employed at because I knew the job I took would be better law enforcement experience to get Federal jobs. It was hard once I took the pay cut, but then again I don't have a family to raise or a mortgage. As a single person, it's much easier to sacrifice. Living in one of the 5 boroughs, Long Island or westchester long term with a family definitely requires two incomes.

            I do know a girl who moved from a small town in PA to queens, NY at my current job. Her boyfriend couldn't find work right away and making about $40k she managed to support both of them for the first few months AND save money. It's possible but as others have pointed out, it all comes down to family size and requirements.
            Im from MIA ( so big difference), but good with building a stable budget and saving. My girlfriend was born and raise in queens so she kind of warned me about that, thats how i came to the realization of wanted somewhere else. I also compared the different municipalities on a cost of living website and found some difference. So PA is probably going to be it for me if its given as a choice.

            Thanks so much for the responses and inputs!
            Geo Central East Coast
            10/26/13 Took the test
            11/06/13 Passed Written test
            03/31/14 Received TSL
            04/09/14 Did medical and fitness test
            06/05/14 Did the VBT& SI interview
            06/13/14 Received BI paperwork
            07/10/14 Polygraph Test (inclonclusive) part 2 08/22/2014

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NMPD128 View Post
              Im from MIA ( so big difference), but good with building a stable budget and saving. My girlfriend was born and raise in queens so she kind of warned me about that, thats how i came to the realization of wanted somewhere else. I also compared the different municipalities on a cost of living website and found some difference. So PA is probably going to be it for me if its given as a choice.

              Thanks so much for the responses and inputs!
              I would love to get NY, but alas I'm in for Hawaii. If we get through at the same time I wouldn't mind a swap

              Comment


              • @CBPBoricua enable your PM so I can message you.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by perpwatcher View Post
                  I tried to change my geo and I was told I could not!
                  It seems like NE applicants are moving along much faster than other Geo's currently. Maybe that is why they do not want you to change because of the "need".

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Top Gun View Post
                    Any word on when we will receive the test scores for the latest announcement? In the past NORs were sent out within 2 weeks.

                    I checked the application manager on usajobs.gov just now and my status has been updated from awaiting results - you will be notified to pending HR specialist action. They also updated my account to show the date that I tested ( June 11). This indicates movement on their part and shows that the wheels are turning slowly but surely. There is no information as to whether I passed or failed the exam. However, I am fairly confident that NOR's will go out before the purported next vacancy announcement opens up on July 16. I hope that this helps.
                    I checked mine also. Awaiting results was changed to "complete". I don't see where it says pending HR action.

                    Comment


                    • Pretty sure you can't change your geo once you receive a tsl.
                      Geo- Florida
                      CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                      NOR- 98 10/25/13
                      Qual- GS 7
                      TSL- 2/28/14
                      PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                      VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                      VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                      BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                      BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                      BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                        Pretty sure you can't change your geo once you receive a tsl.
                        That's unfortunate. On the CBP website it says you can change your GEO with Border Patrol up until your final offer (unless that is outdated information). However, in that they are two separate agencies, that would explain why they may or may not have separate requirements.

                        Comment


                        • I checked my account this morning and it has been updated to complete as well. I'm sure that the NOR's will be sent out any day now.
                          CBPO

                          14-1
                          Geo: SWB
                          CBPO Exam: 06/11/14
                          NOR: 07/14/14
                          TSL: 08/01/14
                          Received BI paperwork: 08/07/14
                          BI paperwork submitted: 08/15/14
                          Medical / PFT1: 08/21/14
                          VBT / SI : 09/17/14
                          Credit report pulled: 10/02/14
                          Poly 1: 11/13/14
                          Poly 2: 12/30/14



                          BPA

                          15-1
                          Geo: Arizona
                          BPA Exam: 12/16/14

                          Comment


                          • Yep....same here my account has been updated to complete as well......

                            Comment


                            • I changed my PM settings. @john_martinez
                              Last edited by CbpBoricua; 07-08-2014, 11:18 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                                It seems like NE applicants are moving along much faster than other Geo's currently. Maybe that is why they do not want you to change because of the "need".
                                I've never lived in the NE part of the country. Furthest north would have to be N.C., and I'm hoping a few years down the road I can get somewhere like Charlotte.

                                Looking at pictures of the cities that I may be working in is a bit of a shock, but that's because I live in Florida. Personally, I'd take Boston first, then maybe Buffalo, and If there are nicer areas outside of Boston or Buffalo (or any other POEs), I'd be willing to make the trip.
                                CBP Officer

                                08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10585 users online. 468 members and 10117 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X